Livingston - all the threads merged

3 minutes ago, Afro said:

I'm perplexed how Cadden now looks like a competent Premiership player when he didn't even look like a competent Championship player last year. Maybe we've swapped him with his brother and nobody's noticed.

He was good tonight but there was a few times he was caught forward. Game definitely swung in our favour when Robinson came on on the right and Lawless moved to the left; if Cadden can play the winger-back role in a similar way to Lawless he'll be a very handy player. Has good pace and can deliver a decent ball from out wide.

What a night.

Cadden looks a better prospect at wingback than Mullin ever did last season. His delivery still needs a bit of work, especially if he's playing on the left as he keeps cutting onto his right. Struggled to find a man or clear the ball with his left tonight. However, he's still young and has already come on leaps and bounds so fingers crossed keeps it up because he'll be an important player if he can.

Reckon we only need another 10 points and that will be us with enough to avoid the bottom 2 places, everything after that is just a bonus to see how high up we can get.

Livingston’s record is sensational.

I remember when you came up the first time with Fernandez etc. You battered us either 4 or 5-1 at home round about this time in that season before finishing 3rd but obviously that was all built on some questionable finances.

This time round though it’s definitely been done the sensible way (or certainly seems to be) and I would hazard a guess that you are matching that first season in the top flight point for point at the moment.

33 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I remember when you came up the first time with Fernandez etc. You battered us either 4 or 5-1 at home round about this time in that season before finishing 3rd but obviously that was all built on some questionable finances.

This time round though it’s definitely been done the sensible way (or certainly seems to be) and I would hazard a guess that you are matching that first season in the top flight point for point at the moment.

Think we're a bit behind at the moment as we went on a ridiculous run until December. We actually approached the end of that season with a run of 8 games without a win which makes it insane we finished 3rd.

Just checked, we had 36 points after 18 games as opposed to 28 this season. Still impressive and I imagine we won't collapse like we did that season.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

It'll take some doing matching that Livi team's achievement but for me, this Livi team has given me the most pleasure ever following Livi. Back then we took other teams best players in the old first div to win the league, Andrews, Tosh, Burns from Raith after they pumped us 4-0, then Broto and Fernandez when Airdrie went tits up. Don't get me wrong, I loved supporting that Livi team to 3rd place and then in Europe, but this team has been put together on a shoestring budget, taking players from the juniors, or ones rejected by other teams and it just feels so much more appreciative of what they're managing to do.. They started off being relegated to League One and from that disastrous season Hopkin and Martindale dumped the deadwood and kept the core of a good team to win promotion back up to the Championship, again keeping the core group together and adding to it and doing the same again, and now the same again in the Premiership with Holt.

It's all come through hard work and total commitment by the players, never seen a group of players like this at Livi and I absolutely love them.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Here is that game I was referring to, was actually in October that year but after it you had 20 points from 11 games.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/1606503.stm

That was Santini's first game for us and he scored an og.:lol: Turned out a pretty decent player after that shaky start.

5 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Hardie is already our joint top scorer and he's only played about 150 minutes. Wonder how better off we'd be if he was never injured.

Great to have him back.

Yeah it has been torture seeing him so close to a return only to be snatched away and have another op then take another few months to get back, been desperate to see him back scoring goals for us again. 

Miller is back training too, they were magnificent playing together last season and it'll give us some options up front, something we haven't had all season. The 2nd half of the season is looking like being even better than the first. Exciting times.

Egli's gone home. Shame, I liked the look of him, think he was a little unfortunate not to get that much game time. Spent a lot of time out of the team in the early part of the season after we went on our 7 match undefeated streak and then just never managed to fight his way back in.

I don't think he looked too bad; he was direct if possibly lacking a trick up his sleeve, IMO. I'm not sure I'd have him in the team ahead of any others though so I'm not too surprised. I was however surprised to see Saunders on the park ahead of Van Schaik - is this a sign of how the back three will look if we lose Halkett in Jan?

...which brings me on to my Christmas list. Dear Santa, please can we keep the team together through January and add a striker and full back, please? If so, I think we can have an even better second half of the season.

What do you think about the transfer window? Is it 100% that Halkett will go then? And, though it's possibly a bit soon in his recovery, if Hardie performs well in the next three games will Rangers take a punt on him?

I honestly don’t see anyone leaving in January other than maybe Halkett, and I think the only way he’ll go is if he’s forced to go because the club has received a good offer for a player out of contract in the summer. 

These guys love playing with each other, they love playing for the club, I’m very confident we won’t see wholesale selling in January, the summer might be a different story though. 

Edited by andylivi1