Livingston - all the threads merged

McIntyre has clearly told him to stop wandering about and dropping deep. He's staying up top like everyone could see he needed to and it's come from that. 
Theres no doubting he's still a quality player at this level but he's not ready to manage...if we had the option on him as a player rather than manager I'd have taken him

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:
McIntyre has clearly told him to stop wandering about and dropping deep. He's staying up top like everyone could see he needed to and it's come from that. 

Theres no doubting he's still a quality player at this level but he's not ready to manage...if we had the option on him as a player rather than manager I'd have taken him

Wonder if that was discussed. I know we asked him to manage without playing but wonder if we asked if he'd stay on as a player if we brought Holt in. 

Probably couldn't afford it anyway tbh.

Wonder if that was discussed. I know we asked him to manage without playing but wonder if we asked if he'd stay on as a player if we brought Holt in. 
Probably couldn't afford it anyway tbh.
Theres that..plus as good as he is, I don't think his attitude fit well with the rest of the team...it's done now and I'm certainly not looking back. Holt's been great since coming in, should have been given the job right away...but we all know that lol

Two games for us tonight - first team away to Aberdeen at 7.45 and the reserves play at home to Raith at 8pm. That must be a first for us? Can’t remember any time off the top of my head, don’t think we’ve had such a luxury before.

There's Egli Kaja back to AFC Wimbledon. Seemed like a decent option to have but imagine he wasn't getting enough game time and probably better off for everyone involved if he's back down there.

Not sure how much we were paying for him so potentially opens up a bit more money to work with in January.

That's a bit disappointing. Looked very good during the opening match away to Celtic, but didn't really kick on from there. Don't really think Holt really rated him in our system and as above, probably best he moves on since he won't be starting here much..

I'm glad he's gone back rather than just playing in the reserves. Looks a real talent but you feel like De Vita and Miller will start filling the bench soon pushing him further down the pecking order.

Best of luck to him, shame it didn't work out.

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I'm glad he's gone back rather than just playing in the reserves. Looks a real talent but you feel like De Vita and Miller will start filling the bench soon pushing him further down the pecking order.

Best of luck to him, shame it didn't work out.

To be fair...with the way the team is playing (especially tonight) he wasn't gonna be knocking on the door anytime soon. Saying that, I still feel that out wide is our weakest areas...plenty of players that do a good job in there but no real stand outs.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Cadden is starting to look like a player in the Premiership too, so i'd rather he was getting a game than Kaja. Last couple of games Cadden has been pretty good.

I've been impressed with Cadden too. He's certainly improved defensively so could be a shout for nailing down that position

21 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

To be fair...with the way the team is playing (especially tonight) he wasn't gonna be knocking on the door anytime soon. Saying that, I still feel that out wide is our weakest areas...plenty of players that do a good job in there but no real stand outs.

I'd agree with that in a defensive sense tbh, we've got Lamie and McMillan who are defenders, but when they're out you've still got Lawless, Cadden, and Lawson, who are good players but not really who you'd want in a game you're expecting to be on the back foot. Also Robinson and Menga and I'm sure a couple others who could fill in.

Doesn't matter anyway, winning the league no matter who we stick on the wings.

I'm perplexed how Cadden now looks like a competent Premiership player when he didn't even look like a competent Championship player last year. Maybe we've swapped him with his brother and nobody's noticed.

He was good tonight but there was a few times he was caught forward. Game definitely swung in our favour when Robinson came on on the right and Lawless moved to the left; if Cadden can play the winger-back role in a similar way to Lawless he'll be a very handy player. Has good pace and can deliver a decent ball from out wide.

What a night.