Livingston - all the threads merged

2 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Pretty concerned about game v Motherwell this week. No strikers again and Motherwell are some big lads! Could be slipping down the table faster than realise.... wish we'd beaten Hamilton away!!!

Think Hardie is very close, if he's not already fit to play. We do still have some good attacking options, Robinson and Hamilton could always start up front for example, and you've still got our midfield and defence who always make themselves a threat. 

Motherwell are a good side but they won't be pinning us back like Celtic or Rangers can/did, think that'll work in our favour. 

9 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Think Hardie is very close, if he's not already fit to play. We do still have some good attacking options, Robinson and Hamilton could always start up front for example, and you've still got our midfield and defence who always make themselves a threat. 

Motherwell are a good side but they won't be pinning us back like Celtic or Rangers can/did, think that'll work in our favour. 

I'd expect Motherwell to set up like we usually do...we struggled to break them down in the last game so this might be a game more suited for Sibbald to sit behind the striker(s) and try be a more creative force. The only problem is who to drop from the midfield

11 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Apparentlty Scougs is to be released by St J at xmas. Worth a punt??

I wouldn't be massively surprised if he ended up at Fir Park.

We were apparently in for him prior to him going to Perth, the guy we ended up signing for that position (Craig Tanner) has been injured since February and broke down in his recovery back in September and needed another operation. I don't think he's got a definite date to come back so at the moment we're lacking that type of player.

There's a fair chance we'll be moving on some players so a player like Scougall is something that we don't really have (we have Conor Sammon instead).

20 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Hasn't really kicked on since leaving us by the sounds of things...not sure he's better than what we have in the team at the moment

Yeah think he did ok the first season or two but has been a bit injury prone. McNulty has really kicked on though, would love him back at Livi , even if it's after his best days are behind him a few years down the road. Scougs is tricky and good in confined spaces but he really needed to add goals to his game and I don't think he has done so. Loved watching him play at Livi but don't think he'd fit in now.

Apparentlty Scougs is to be released by St J at xmas. Worth a punt??

Would like to see him back but I imagine he’d had a couple of clubs willing to pay more than what we could offer him. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at a fairly well off championship team, Dundee Utd or county, someone of that ilk

Hamilton has to start on Saturday, for me. Banging them in for the reserves albeit at a far lower level than what he’ll face on a Saturday, but it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth to the lad if he can’t get a look in when we have no other strikers. I’m a fan of Robinson but he has been fairly ineffectual to this point, and rushing back Hardie at this point would be madness. He’ll get his chance this month with the raft of games coming up.

Not sure how Scougall would fit into this team, and it’s not as if we’re short of midfielders. As above, would expect him to move to County or United in January as opposed to a Premiership side.

1 hour ago, Charles Darwin Esq said:

Been away on The Beagle for quite a bit now, so this is my first venture onto P&B for some time. I see this thread is still as pish and misinformed as ever.

Evolution is clearly selective.

Lets hear your input then :D Come talk shite with us