Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Good news I suppose although you have to question whether it would really be in Celtic's best interest for Dolly Menga to receive a retrospective ban particularly seeing as who we're playing next and the fact that Dolly has a 100% record of scoring against them.... :whistle

5 hours ago, blanco said:

Livingstone fans are a touchy bunch when anyone points out how agricultural their tactics are. Hammer throwers on the park and tantrum throwers in the stands :1eye

Worked for Celtic, they got to a European final with a team full of hammer throwers. Celtic FC, hammer throwers on the pitch, knicker wetting victims in the stands.  :thumsup2

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:13, tree house tam said:

Livi look exactly what a newly promoted team should look like, workmanlike who fight for everything and have a limited amount of skill. You've had the new season bounce and I expect you boys to drop to around 8th or 9th by the end of the season, which is a great outing for you. Build a bit more next season and try and become established should be the aim.

Can't see us being below 8th place now, still think we have a chance at 6th though. 

Whatever happens it looks like it'll be a successful season, our aim was to stay up, unless we see St Mirren and Dundee signing 5 or 6 quality players in January and Livi losing 5 or 6 of our best players we shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom 2.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Hamilton is the only one I can see managing the 'big lad' role other than the big lad, Van Schaik...

Menga will be a big loss against Rangers but I wonder if a different player would be better suited against 'Well? I'm sure I read on another thread that Hardie might be fit for the end of Nov - can anyone provide insight? 

28 minutes ago, crispy said:

Hamilton is the only one I can see managing the 'big lad' role other than the big lad, Van Schaik...

Menga will be a big loss against Rangers but I wonder if a different player would be better suited against 'Well? I'm sure I read on another thread that Hardie might be fit for the end of Nov - can anyone provide insight? 

Apparently Ryan has claimed he'll be back by end of the month but from what I hear the club want to be careful with his return and won't rush him back to avoid a repeat

42 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:
On 12/11/2018 at 11:56, blanco said:
Dreadful hammer throwers. Hopefully bans are dished out to Menga for his attempted assault on Ryan Christie and for Kevin Clancy for failing to take action against the thuggish tactics employed by livingstone :thumbsdown

The fuckin nick of this choad....

Apart from the fact that he keeps on going on about some team in Zambia; he also supposedly supports a team that employs Scott "elbows" Brown.

14 hours ago, LogieLivi said:
On 12/11/2018 at 11:56, blanco said:
Dreadful hammer throwers. Hopefully bans are dished out to Menga for his attempted assault on Ryan Christie and for Kevin Clancy for failing to take action against the thuggish tactics employed by livingstone :thumbsdown

The fuckin nick of this choad....

Agree..... considering Scott Brown has been getting away with exactly the same things for years 

Menga's been offered a 2 match ban for the headbutt. Even though he didn't touch him.

I am no fan of Livi, but Menga should not accept this ‘offer’. Both The Colombian headcase and McGregor committed far worse offences and were cleared. I know that there is one rule for Sevco/Celtic and one for everyone else, but as he didn’t touch him, he should take it all the way.

45 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

There's a better argument for what others have done and got away with than there is for "he didn't touch him". Even an attempt is violent conduct. So if we're purely going on that, the ban is deserved.

Which is why Morelos got his red card against Aberdeen rescinded despite trying to scythe the boy down in retaliation?

Actually; its been coming; for weeks as he's been on the receiving end of excessive "attention" from various defences purely because of the player he is i.e. gets involved and mixes things up. To be honest you can see he's been allowing himself to get wound-up by all the pushing and shoving, shirt grabbing and players climbing all over him. Sooner or later he was going to react.

I suppose its a kind of back-handed compliment actually and he needs to take it as such.

He's an exciting player, who will be a miss against the rangers, but he's not a striker and that's what we're missing at the moment

I don't see how it can be anything other than a 2 match ban when you consider the TV evidence of the incident is more blatant than the Greg Stewart one on Scott Martin nearly 3 weeks ago.

If Livi want to waste £500 to contest the offer which, so far, no contradictory evidence has come to light then that's up to them.

It's not as if contesting the offer is going to give Livi an advantage in their next match, as the hearing is scheduled for this Thursday anyway.