Livingston - all the threads merged

56 minutes ago, weejoeharper said:

It's interesting that Jackson talks about Scottish Football but really only means the traditionally larger teams, so not Scottish Football at all.  Rangers also complained recently that teams were defending against them. It's a plot, I tell you!

I love this quote (amongst many others to be fair).

This is a side which had wracked up 23 goals in five top-flight games before hopping halfway across the M8. But all the exhilarating flair and the sheer fun of what they have been putting together lately disappeared in the first puff of pellets yesterday lunchtime. That, as a contest, it soon became an eye-bleeding test of endurance should have come as no great surprise. That’s Livingston away all over

So he's saying that the reason that Celtic didn't win by a barrowload is because Livingstone plays in a particular way and have a non-grass pitch. Is he a Celtic supporter then ?. I'm not sure what the issue is. Livingstone got a point against the champions - well done! And as far as Scottish Football is concerned I believe that most fans of all the other teams would be delighted that the score was 0-0, I know that I was. It's not unfair and that's why Scottish Football is so much more interesting than the football down south.

I also think that the quote "Sheer Fun" might not be the view of the non Celtic supporting fans who were on the receiving end but then I suppose Hearts; Hibs; St. Johnstone and Dundee don't matter to Mr Jackson.

54 minutes ago, weejoeharper said:

It's interesting that Jackson talks about Scottish Football but really only means the traditionally larger teams, so not Scottish Football at all.  Rangers also complained recently that teams were defending against them. It's a plot, I tell you!

I love this quote (amongst many others to be fair).

This is a side which had wracked up 23 goals in five top-flight games before hopping halfway across the M8. But all the exhilarating flair and the sheer fun of what they have been putting together lately disappeared in the first puff of pellets yesterday lunchtime. That, as a contest, it soon became an eye-bleeding test of endurance should have come as no great surprise. That’s Livingston away all over

So he's saying that the reason that Celtic didn't win by a barrowload is because Livingstone plays in a particular way and have a non-grass pitch. Is he a Celtic supporter then ?. I'm not sure what the issue is. Livingstone got a point against the champions - well done! And as far as Scottish Football is concerned I believe that most fans of all the other teams would be delighted that the score was 0-0, I know that I was. It's not unfair and that's why Scottish Football is so much more interesting than the football down south.

Has to be more entertaining  and a bigger selling point for a TV package seeing only 3 points splitting the top 5 teams, than having Celtic running away with it. So any team that can take points off Celtic and help keep the league as competitive as possible has to be a good thing.

Also, if you can't be entertained watching thundering tackles go in from Keaghan Jacobs, and wonderful saves by Liam Kelly, and at least have a grudging appreciation for a team keeping a clean sheet against a Celtic team that had scored 23 goals in their last 5 domestic game, then you really shouldn't be writing about football.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

It must really hurt that you didn't win a game lol

The only thing hurting after watching that is my eyes. Hopefully It’s 3rd time lucky and you fail to survive another administration and go the same way as the original rangers.

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Has to be more entertaining and a bigger selling point for a TV package seeing only 3 points splitting the top 5 teams, than having Celtic running away with it. So any team that can take points off Celtic and help keep the league as competitive as possible has to be a good thing.

Also, if you can't be entertained watching thundering tackles go in from Keaghan Jacobs, and wonderful saves by Liam Kelly, and at least have a grudging appreciation for a team keeping a clean sheet against a Celtic team that had scored 23 goals in their last 5 domestic game, then you really shouldn't be writing about football.

I agree. There are so many positives to be taken from this one result and still, the OF hierarchy fail to see it. Is Jackson paid by Celtic?

11 minutes ago, blanco said:

Suffering  livingstones hoofball would make a glass eye water.

Maybe I should point out that a synthetic eye has no impact on the tear gland which can "water" just as well as with a organic eye; but then, bearing in mind the problem understanding the concept of synthetic and natural grass pitches, I suppose I'm wasting my time. 

Oh; but please try harder on your spelling and punctuation.

16 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Maybe I should point out that a synthetic eye has no impact on the tear gland which can "water" just as well as with a organic eye; but then, bearing in mind the problem understanding the concept of synthetic and natural grass pitches, I suppose I'm wasting my time. 

Oh; but please try harder on your spelling and punctuation.

Deary me, criticising spelling and punctuation at the same time as using random capital letters and using “a” instead of “an”.

Must try harder.

1 hour ago, blanco said:

Deary me, criticising spelling and punctuation at the same time as using random capital letters and using “a” instead of “an”.

Must try harder.

Ahem; "Deary me" should be followed by a semi colon rather than a comma. Just saying; my celtices friend.

But, if you really want to wind us up, try referring to us as "Livvy" or, even more hilarious, "Lavvy" - that one never gets old.

7 hours ago, blanco said:

The only thing hurting after watching that is my eyes. Hopefully It’s 3rd time lucky and you fail to survive another administration and go the same way as the original rangers.

Calm doon sweetheart,bleating like a wee lassie cause the celtic couldnt beat the "amber machine"!!

You weren't the first and you won't be the last ;)

18 hours ago, blanco said:

Dreadful hammer throwers. Hopefully bans are dished out to Menga for his attempted assault on Ryan Christie and for Kevin Clancy for failing to take action against the thuggish tactics employed by livingstone :thumbsdown

https://celtsarehere.com/premier-league-ref-dismisses-rodgers-red-card-claim/