Livingston - all the threads merged

Just let me get this straight. The only reason you went up is because you’re a team of hatchetmen and cloggers, and now the only reason you have one of the best defences in the league is the fact you’ve got a new Astro pitch (which the aforementioned hatchetmen and cloggers hadn’t played on prior to this season)?

I get that Keith is seething that both cheeks have now failed to leave with three points - but that isn’t because the pitch is Astro.

Just let me get this straight. The only reason you went up is because you’re a team of hatchetmen and cloggers, and now the only reason you have one of the best defences in the league is the fact you’ve got a new Astro pitch (which the aforementioned hatchetmen and cloggers hadn’t played on prior to this season)?

I get that Keith is seething that both cheeks have now failed to leave with three points - but that isn’t because the pitch is Astro.
Correct
Correct
Correct

Next it'll be PEDs in the pasta at Tony Macaroni

Aye, and let's ban games against the big teams when it's a howling gale or heavy rain or the pitch gets bumpy in the middle of winter or there's sand on it, because the ball might not run true ye ken. God forbid that Celtic or any of them are handicapped from "playing their passing game at full tilt".

Yesterday's result had everything to do with a Livi team full of determination, stamina and team spirit and little to do with the pitch it was played on. If  Keith Jackson wants to talk about teams being handicapped let him focus on the fact that certain outfits suck the life out of Scottish football with our leagues' resources being centred round them. There has never been a level playing field in top leagues in Scotland (unintended pun) so if OF managers start girnin' about places like Almondvale then tough. Try managing on the finances available to Livi and you'll know what handicap means.

Mon the pellets!

1 hour ago, orco said:

Yesterday's result had everything to do with a Livi team full of determination, stamina and team spirit

Seems a common theme with that side. Very well organised defence and midfield. Maybe an over reliance on goals from set pieces, but you play to your strengths and have been very successful in doing so over the last season and a bit. The pitch might look poor but it had no influence on yesterdays result. Celtic still created chances, they just couldn't beat the keeper.

4 minutes ago, blanco said:

Dreadful hammer throwers. Hopefully bans are dished out to Menga for his attempted assault on Ryan Christie and for Kevin Clancy for failing to take action against the thuggish tactics employed by livingstone :thumbsdown

It must really hurt that you didn't win a game lol

1 hour ago, hoobahabba said:
3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I actually thought it was a decent spectacle yesterday. Sounds like this article was written before a ball was kicked.

The article was written because Celtic weren't 1 up after a couple of minutes and then went onto win a borefest 4 or 5 nil. 

Us wee Diddy Clubs should read the media script before kick off. 

Celtic and Sevco 2012 - FECKEM 

It's interesting that Jackson talks about Scottish Football but really only means the traditionally larger teams, so not Scottish Football at all.  Rangers also complained recently that teams were defending against them. It's a plot, I tell you!

I love this quote (amongst many others to be fair).

This is a side which had wracked up 23 goals in five top-flight games before hopping halfway across the M8. But all the exhilarating flair and the sheer fun of what they have been putting together lately disappeared in the first puff of pellets yesterday lunchtime. That, as a contest, it soon became an eye-bleeding test of endurance should have come as no great surprise. That’s Livingston away all over

So he's saying that the reason that Celtic didn't win by a barrowload is because Livingstone plays in a particular way and have a non-grass pitch. Is he a Celtic supporter then ?. I'm not sure what the issue is. Livingstone got a point against the champions - well done! And as far as Scottish Football is concerned I believe that most fans of all the other teams would be delighted that the score was 0-0, I know that I was. It's not unfair and that's why Scottish Football is so much more interesting than the football down south.

31 minutes ago, shull said:

The article was written because Celtic weren't 1 up after a couple of minutes and then went onto win a borefest 4 or 5 nil. 

Us wee Diddy Clubs should read the media script before kick off. 

Celtic and Sevco 2012 - FECKEM 

Applications for the Diddy Alliance must be submitted in writing prior to the start of the season, sorry. :D 

42 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I see Bobby Burns has been called up to the Northern Ireland squad, glad to see it.  How's he been for you guys?

Just starting to get a bit more game time for us, but I liked the look of him even when he was just getting brief sub appearances. Think that was his first start yesterday and he did very well.

Livi look exactly what a newly promoted team should look like, workmanlike who fight for everything and have a limited amount of skill. You've had the new season bounce and I expect you boys to drop to around 8th or 9th by the end of the season, which is a great outing for you. Build a bit more next season and try and become established should be the aim.