Livingston - all the threads merged

6 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Poor comment saying he would want away from Scotland because of his life out of football. He’s had a really tough few years losing his mother and I think I read he lost his dad at young age to. He’s done unbelievably well to continue on from that 

Yes exactly but who are we to speculate on that on a public forum? A bit of respect for the guy and what he's went through - he's probably up there as my all time favourite Livi player right now due to the struggles he's overcame but I wouldn't say it's right for us to comment and speculate on what he would prefer to do based on what's happened.

The guy is an absolute warrior and an extremely talented footballer, that alone merits him being linked elsewhere but I can see Shaun staying for another few seasons still.

One league game in 25 days! What is this, the autumn break? P1sh! I’m really enjoying watching Livi and can’t get enough at the moment...

We’ve got a great squad together  this season and I think we’ll struggle to see it repeated; it’s inevitable we’ll lose players. I’d rather we kept Halkett  until the end of the season than sell him in January for a knock-down price but I also don’t have to balance the books...

2 minutes ago, crispy said:

One league game in 25 days! What is this, the autumn break? P1sh! I’m really enjoying watching Livi and can’t get enough at the moment...

We’ve got a great squad together  this season and I think we’ll struggle to see it repeated; it’s inevitable we’ll lose players. I’d rather we kept Halkett  until the end of the season than sell him in January for a knock-down price but I also don’t have to balance the books...

I know, it's a hunger or a burst the way the fixtures are planned/landing this season. Between International breaks, games cancelled due to pponents playing cup games and then a Winter break coming.

Going to be mental in December though, 8 games coming thick and fast. Might need to use a few more players to rest up some key players a bit, esp in midfield. Hopefully Hardie is back fit and can be used during those games too, Menga would be knackered playing all those games.

10 hours ago, Durnford said:

Declan's problems happened when he was at Dundee weren't they? As far as I can recall they offered him a new contract but he chose to come to us to get away. Then again my memory isn't what it was.

Actually at the moment its probably easier to mention those of the starting eleven  that's been with the club for more than four months that haven't been involved in paper talk.

I had it in my head he was released by Dundee even after he won their player of the year the season they were promoted due to the possibility of jail time.

8 hours ago, crispy said:

I don't understand how it can be like this one month then 8 games in another month....further proof that the SPFL couldn't arrange  the proverbial piss up

50 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I don't understand how it can be like this one month then 8 games in another month....further proof that the SPFL couldn't arrange  the proverbial piss up

One of the added challenges of the top flight. The Winter period can he absolutely brutal if your squad can't cope with it. 

It's killed us a few times lately and hurled us into two month long winless runs. You don't really know where you stand until it's done.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Cowdenbeath FCVerified account @CowdenbeathFC
FollowFollow @CowdenbeathFC
More

With goalkeeper David McGurn suspended for today's match, we have arranged, with the co-operation of @LiviFCOfficial, a 7 day Emergency Loan to bring Gary Maley to Central Park. Gary is an experienced 'keeper who played for many years in the juniors before joining Livingston.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of the added challenges of the top flight. The Winter period can he absolutely brutal if your squad can't cope with it. 

It's killed us a few times lately and hurled us into two month long winless runs. You don't really know where you stand until it's done.

I think we can cope with all the games coming like Ronnie O'Sullivan doing a 147 on speed, we have really good players waiting to come in covering all areas, it's the long lay offs between games that are a concern, you just get up momentum and then nothing for a couple of weeks, then back playing and you have to stop again for a long winter break.

Prob will be welcomed by the players after the 8 games in Dec right enough, just up to the coaches to keep them fit with some bounce games so they don't lose match fitness. New experience for us though.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 23/10/2018 at 19:35, LogieLivi said:

Yeah it's totally unrealistic....IMG-20181021-WA0001.jpeg

You'll want to start a new save when the full release comes along. Been confirmed in the past week that Livingston will be getting a boost from the beta.

Every player to get an increase in Work Rate and Stamina, plus other smaller boosts.

You'll want to start a new save when the full release comes along. Been confirmed in the past week that Livingston will be getting a boost from the beta.
Every player to get an increase in Work Rate and Stamina, plus other smaller boosts.

Aye there's some major flaws with the beta. There's at least 3 pens a game. And usually they are all missed.

Just now, LogieLivi said:

Aye there's some major flaws with the beta. There's at least 3 pens a game. And usually they are all missed.

Yeah that's seemingly being looked at, along with the amount on injuries some people are getting.

Always the risk you take with the beta, but it's worth finding these things now as it's easily resolved before the full release. 

Yeah that's seemingly being looked at, along with the amount on injuries some people are getting.
Always the risk you take with the beta, but it's worth finding these things now as it's easily resolved before the full release. 
Hopefully some of the positional issues are looked at as well.
Lamie for example can't play wing back. And Keags for the what seems like millionth year running is listed as a winger and not a competent central midfielder.

And my absolute favourite which happened last year with the beta too. The wrong strips are used in the wrong games. Versus dundee away we wear black and they wear blue. And Motherwell away we wear amber and they wear amber. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 minute ago, LogieLivi said:

Hopefully some of the positional issues are looked at as well.
Lamie for example can't play wing back. And Keags for the what seems like millionth year running is listed as a winger and not a competent central midfielder.

Do you post on the SI forum? If not give me a list and I'll post it there, hopefully it'll be resolved in time for the full release.

@SGMilne is main boy for Scottish football, I believe, but imagine he's fairly busy just now.

Strange they’ve not put Lamie as a wing back, and Keaghan as a winger rather than a midfielder, I helped Callum Carson with the positions, stats etc and both where listed as they should be a CB and LWB and Keags was listed as a MC or DM. 

Sounds like they’ve completely ignored what we sent them :thumbsdown

Do you post on the SI forum? If not give me a list and I'll post it there, hopefully it'll be resolved in time for the full release.
[mention=3770]SGMilne[/mention] is main boy for Scottish football, I believe, but imagine he's fairly busy just now.
Missed this yesterday somehow.
I don't post on the forum no.
Aside from the lamie LWB and Keags being a winger instead of cm I've noticed that Kelly is listed as a sweeper keeper. McMillan can't play RWB. Same with de vita.

On 10/28/2018 at 16:13, andylivi1 said:

Strange they’ve not put Lamie as a wing back, and Keaghan as a winger rather than a midfielder, I helped Callum Carson with the positions, stats etc and both where listed as they should be a CB and LWB and Keags was listed as a MC or DM. 

Sounds like they’ve completely ignored what we sent them :thumbsdown

The way the process of research generally works is that I give out files for people to edit directly. They make the changes, I review them and I import them into the database.

Having advertised for a Livingston researcher for now three (or possibly even four or five) years without any interest or uptake for it whatsoever, I asked Callum for his help, but he said he'd rather just answer my questions about Livi rather than edit the files etc himself.

And that's fine, but it did mean that in amongst all the other things I was doing, it looks like I either missed some of the info he gave me in one of his emails or I made the changes in the Livi file and didn't re-enter it.

Now fair enough, I will hold my hands up to that as he did e-mail it to me, but I get frustrated with the world of absolutes that you see on internet forums where the reaction is that I "completely ignored what 'we' sent them" (you yourself sent me nothing) as if consciously decided to omit that info.

The beta was released two weeks ago, and in that time customers have had ample opportunity to report data issues in the appropriate place. We've acted upon as many of the issues raised in the Data Issues thread on the sigames forum as we could, but at some stage we can't make any further changes before the data is finalised for the game's release this week. For issues like that, time has run out.

Had @RandomGuy. not tagged me in this, I would never have seen it, and once again - as it probably has been for the last number of years - it would have gone unreported that Jacobs's position was wrong.

Oh, but for what it's worth, Callum listed Jacobs as primarily an AMC in the list of positions he sent me.

Edited by SGMilne

42 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

Having advertised for a Livingston researcher for now three (or possibly even four or five) years without any interest or uptake for it whatsoever, I asked Callum for his help, but he said he'd rather just answer my questions about Livi rather than edit the files etc himself.

PM me, I'll do it! Even though it's too late for this week, I'm happy to get it updated for an upcoming patch.

FM devs have my sympathy. There's a loooot of data in there, some of it is bound to be off.

47 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

The way the process of research generally works is that I give out files for people to edit directly. They make the changes, I review them and I import them into the database.

And that's fine, but it did mean that in amongst all the other things I was doing, it looks like I either missed some of the info he gave me in one of his emails or I made the changes in the Livi file and didn't re-enter it.

Now fair enough, I will hold my hands up to that as he did e-mail it to me, but I get frustrated with the world of absolutes that you see on internet forums where the reaction is that I "completely ignored what 'we' sent them" (you yourself sent me nothing) as if consciously decided to omit that info.

The beta was released two weeks ago, and in that time customers have had ample opportunity to report data issues in the appropriate place. We've acted upon as many of the issues raised in the Data Issues thread on the sigames forum as we could, but at some stage we can't make any further changes before the data is finalised for the game's release this week. For issues like that, time has run out.

Had @RandomGuy. not tagged me in this, I would never have seen it, and once again - as it probably has been for the last number of years - it would have gone unreported that Jacobs's position was wrong.

Oh, but for what it's worth, Callum listed Jacobs as primarily an AMC in the list of positions he sent me.

Where do you advertise? I've never actually seen anything about a Livi DA being needed - I'm aware it's probably on the FM forums or at a push the gaming forums on P&B but you'd likely have had a lot more success just posting on this thread. If I knew about it I would've jumped right onto it but seems like the boat is out for this year.

FWIW if you need any help in the future give me a PM on here

Edited by ATLIS