Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 hours ago, DavidMcG said:
Dylan Mackin any good Livi fans? He has just signed with us (Stirling) on amateur terms. Should he score a few at league two level?

Think he'll be great at that level. Wasn't rated by many at Livi because of his work rate (or lack thereof) compared to the rest of the team but certainly knew where the goal was and I think ended our joint top scorer or thereabouts last season which is pretty impressive considering he spent the second half of the season on loan at brechin.

I don't think its as simple as that unfortunately. He had half a season playing for us but most of his appearances were off the bench but still managed eight goals; by contrast he had the second half of the season with Brechin niy failed to find the net despite probably starting games\

There's no doubt hes got an eye for goal but it very much depends on  having other players that can act as good providers. Last season we has some good wingers putting quality balls into the box; by contract Brechin didn't have that and their strikers needed to work hard to create opportunities; that wasn't Dylan.

Looking as Stirling's stats I'm not sure they have the side to provide him with the kind of quality ball for him to be successful. Not sure the level of football being played is really that relevant; if he cant create his own chances he wont be successful

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

I don't think its as simple as that unfortunately. He had half a season playing for us but most of his appearances were off the bench but still managed eight goals; by contrast he had the second half of the season with Brechin niy failed to find the net despite probably starting games\

There's no doubt hes got an eye for goal but it very much depends on  having other players that can act as good providers. Last season we has some good wingers putting quality balls into the box; by contract Brechin didn't have that and their strikers needed to work hard to create opportunities; that wasn't Dylan.

Looking as Stirling's stats I'm not sure they have the side to provide him with the kind of quality ball for him to be successful. Not sure the level of football being played is really that relevant; if he cant create his own chances he wont be successful

Scored against us in League One when he was at Alloa, reckon he's got enough about him to score goals in League Two. He looked strong in his hold up play in games just before he went out on loan, wondered if that was because of Hartson's coaching. Sure he scored a few goals at Falkirk too, it's just his work rate that lets him down. Maybe dropping down to League Two will help him develop his game,

Scott Pittman showed that it is possible to work hard and get a second chance, he dropped to the juniors before we got him and look at him now.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Scored against us in League One when he was at Alloa, reckon he's got enough about him to score goals in League Two. He looked strong in his hold up play in games just before he went out on loan, wondered if that was because of Hartson's coaching. Sure he scored a few goals at Falkirk too, it's just his work rate that lets him down. Maybe dropping down to League Two will help him develop his game,

Scott Pittman showed that it is possible to work hard and get a second chance, he dropped to the juniors before we got him and look at him now.

Not saying he cant score goals; could have had a chance in the Premiership with us as well if he hadn't gone on a bender with his mates instead of fitness training. He does need to proper service though.

Actually you could say most of our player actually got a second chance with Livi

Haven't been able to get to many games this season but got there today.
The standout factor is the work rate and sacrifice for the team.
No superstars, no passengers, no shirkers. Just graft.
Holt isn't even needing to say much on a match day, everyone buying in to the work done during the week.
Love it.

4 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Even more mental.

2001/02: 9 games - 16 points.

We've played all the 'big' teams bar the sheep, so we can hopefully pick up a few more points by the end of the first quarter, and then who the f**k knows...

The last 2 and a bit seasons have been like playing Football Manager; the success is beyond all ambition. 

Ricki Lamie in the latest SPFL Team of the Week; richly deserved I’d say, even given the back three all chipping in with a goal. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with just how well he’s coped with the the step up, personally can’t wait for his first goal as it’ll be an occasion to savour.

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Ricki Lamie in the latest SPFL Team of the Week; richly deserved I’d say, even given the back three all chipping in with a goal. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with just how well he’s coped with the the step up, personally can’t wait for his first goal as it’ll be an occasion to savour.

He's defo kissing that badge :wub:

6 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

Agreed. Lamie is class and fits our setup so well. Also a great backup option for centre back

Have to say that had my doubts about big Lamie but glad that he's proved me wrong. Byrne/Pitman and back 3 getting the plaudits but Lamie been doing away quiet. Deserves recognition now as well. Great lad.

Saunders fit and just not making the bench i take it?  Made me nervous with his apparent reluctance to use his left foot, when it seemed the natural choice.

Playing for, and captaining, the reserve side in every game so far this season, as far as I can see. McMillan, inexperience aside, is a better option from the bench IMO, given his ability at wing back and general competence at centre half.

The big question is if Halkett goes in January (or Gallagher or Lithgow, although seems more unlikely). Lamie would be my choice in at CB in his place, but for the sake of stability would Saunders not be better? Our style of play has changed somewhat since Miller left, all we’re essentially looking for from a CB is to be competent at defending aerial balls and malkying the ball away when applicable. Miller’s insistence at having Saunders playing Gerard Pique may have just highlighted he’s just poor on the ball.

38 minutes ago, Afro said:

Playing for, and captaining, the reserve side in every game so far this season, as far as I can see. McMillan, inexperience aside, is a better option from the bench IMO, given his ability at wing back and general competence at centre half.

The big question is if Halkett goes in January (or Gallagher or Lithgow, although seems more unlikely). Lamie would be my choice in at CB in his place, but for the sake of stability would Saunders not be better? Our style of play has changed somewhat since Miller left, all we’re essentially looking for from a CB is to be competent at defending aerial balls and malkying the ball away when applicable. Miller’s insistence at having Saunders playing Gerard Pique may have just highlighted he’s just poor on the ball.

I'd still have more faith in Lamie tbh...move Lithgow into the middle of the 3 with Lamie on the left then we've got Rafa/Lawless to slot in at left wingback