Livingston - all the threads merged

24 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Fair enough, can probably stick him in the 'hard to tell' category then. 

He was mainly CM for us but he also played out on the left at times. Similar to our current midfield he never stopped running. More of an attacking mid if I remember right and loved to set up goals. 

Cheers, as I say he'll likely be gone in January,  and definitely next Summer. Shame as I was buzzing when we got him. 

19 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Murray Davidson also plays for St Johnstone doesn't he?

Doesn't seem to be in the team at the moment so maybe he's injured?

A nice guy; hard to believe he came from the same crop as that tit Andrew Halliday and Griffiths

Injured, again, although he'll be fit for the next game. Next year will be his 10th year at us, scandalous he never got a transfer to a bigger club tbh, seems like it's purely injuries and personal issues that have kept him with us.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cheers, as I say he'll likely be gone in January,  and definitely next Summer. Shame as I was buzzing when we got him. 

Injured, again, although he'll be fit for the next game. Next year will be his 10th year at us, scandalous he never got a transfer to a bigger club tbh, seems like it's purely injuries and personal issues that have kept him with us.

Checking Wiki it seems he scored 7 goals in 37 appearances for us as a kid. Seems he's managed one goal in about every nine games for your lot which is still pretty good at the top level for a midfielder. Strange he only got one international cap; I cant help wondering if some of this was related to him coming from an unfashionable club (no offence intended)

10 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Checking Wiki it seems he scored 7 goals in 37 appearances for us as a kid. Seems he's managed one goal in about every nine games for your lot which is still pretty good at the top level for a midfielder. Strange he only got one international cap; I cant help wondering if some of this was related to him coming from an unfashionable club (no offence intended)

It definitely was, he had a spell where he was dominating almost every game for us, but couldn't even called up.

He definitely deserved a move from us.

11 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
It definitely was, he had a spell where he was dominating almost every game for us, but couldn't even called up.
He definitely deserved a move from us.

shame hes made of paper mache

Yeah there's that too, think he's around 270 games for us in 9 years, so 30 games a season. Considering he missed the majority of our cup winning season it's not as bad as I expected tbh.

Worth mentioning, again, that Dundee almost signed him and Mackay instead of us, wonder how differently things couldve gone.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Yeah there's that too, think he's around 270 games for us in 9 years, so 30 games a season. Considering he missed the majority of our cup winning season it's not as bad as I expected tbh.
Worth mentioning, again, that Dundee almost signed him and Mackay instead of us, wonder how differently things couldve gone.
surprised hes played as much as that. seems hes always missing. also surprised we didnt get him. we like paying wages to perma crocks. i mean we signed darren young on £1200 a week without a medical!

3 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

surprised hes played as much as that. seems hes always missing. also surprised we didnt get him. we like paying wages to perma crocks. i mean we signed darren young on £1200 a week without a medical!

Captain Dave didn't trust you boys as he'd left Dundee because they told him to take a wage cut, same happened at Livi. Can't blame them wanting stability and to further their career really.

47 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As Tam says, both us and you made an offer for both, and Davidson respected Mackay to the point where he wanted to move to whichever club he wanted.

Mackay wanted a reliable wage so chose Saints due to regularly not getting paid at Livingston, and had concerns about Dundee due to what he'd been through there before.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Our home game against Hearts has been brought forward to the 14th Dec for a Fri night match, obv not bothering their arses that we're also playing Aberdeen away on the Tues that week too, think that's the fixture they moved when Aberdeen were playing in a cup game.

They've moved Ayr v Inverness to a Friday night too, clearly not arsed about fans travelling. SPFL using their heads again :lol:

Dylan Mackin any good Livi fans? He has just signed with us (Stirling) on amateur terms. Should he score a few at league two level?
Think he'll be great at that level. Wasn't rated by many at Livi because of his work rate (or lack thereof) compared to the rest of the team but certainly knew where the goal was and I think ended our joint top scorer or thereabouts last season which is pretty impressive considering he spent the second half of the season on loan at brechin.