Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Jesus is a weird one, he was outstanding for us, and I expected him to go on to better things. Somehow he's at Stenny? Did he get a bad injury?

Yeah got a really bad injury and was never the same - trained again with us when we went into League 1. Hoppy said he was nowhere near as good as Lithgow and I went away in a huff raging as well :D Hindsight and all that...

13 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Russell, Mullen, McNulty, Andreu, Scougall, B Barr. JGT, Ky Jacobs, Kn Jacobs, Fox, O'Brien, Watson, Barr, Dycey, Booth, McNeil. We had a few cracking players in that squad but collectively not a patch on our current squad.

Other than Keaghan and maybe McNulty I don;t see any of them getting a start in the current side - although Kyle ability to play in a multitude of positions would probably get him a place on the bench.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

McNulty would yep, scored 23 goals last season. Andreu in his prime would've too, not sure about now though, same with Scougall.

Who do you drop for Scougall? I'd have Pitts, Byrne and Keags ahead of him

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Agreed - Scougall was good at championship level in what was a pretty poor side but already I think Pittman; Byrne and Jacobs have each scored more goals since the play-offs than Scougall ever scored for us.

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Would have to see what he's like now, used to be something like Sibbald, really skilful on the ball, could've done with adding more goals to his game though.

9 hours ago, Durnford said:

Cant see Andreu displacing either Pittman; Byrne or Jacobs... Maybe Lawless.

Andreu scored a load of goals for Accies in the Premiership, sure I saw he was the league's top goal scorer before he moved to Norwich. As I said though, that was in his prime, wouldn't drop any of our midfield for him nowadays. 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Would have to see what he's like now, used to be something like Sibbald, really skilful on the ball, could've done with adding more goals to his game though.

Not even getting a game for St Johnstone atm, not sure if that's down to his ability or a falling out or something like that.

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Not even getting a game for St Johnstone atm, not sure if that's down to his ability or a falling out or something like that.

From what I've seen of his brief appearances at St Johnstone he still looks very lightweight which was my only issue with him as a player. Sibbald has the strength to hold off tackles and for me is a more rounded player than Scougs....still love what the wee man did in a Livi shirt though

27 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

From what I've seen of his brief appearances at St Johnstone he still looks very lightweight which was my only issue with him as a player. Sibbald has the strength to hold off tackles and for me is a more rounded player than Scougs....still love what the wee man did in a Livi shirt though

Exciting player to watch though.

Incidentally I recall there was another player, a French forward, who joined at the same time as JGT and Andreu. Don't think he was ever fit enough to play for us; whatever happened to him?

11 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Exciting player to watch though.

Incidentally I recall there was another player, a French forward, who joined at the same time as JGT and Andreu. Don't think he was ever fit enough to play for us; whatever happened to him?

David Luongo, came from the same club as Andreu.  He hasn't had a club since he left us and he was only about 25, just seemed to disappear off the face of the Earth.

Edited by LiviLion

10 hours ago, LiviLion said:

David Luongo, came from the same club as Andreu.  He hasn't had a club since he left us and he was only about 25, just seemed to disappear off the face of the Earth.

Oh, this has been a long debated subject amongst a few of us fans. We came to the conclusion that David Luongo never existed and was an alter ego for Tony Andreu to collect a second wage given they came together from the same club :D The new Netflix phenomenon gripping the nation, the man behind, Luongo…. :D:D 

18 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

I actually saw David Luongo sitting in the reception area when I went to collect my ST that season. He was a very smartly dressed man, didn’t look like a footballer though.

Tony Andreu's agent.

Incidentally, when you google David Luongo there's a link to a missing persons website looking for information to help find a guy called David Luongo

Edited by Cptn Hooch

20 hours ago, LiviLion said:

He was played exclusively on the wing last season, and left to try and deal with two markers in a team that could barely create a chance or get players in the box, he them got a bad injury and vanished for while. The manager flat out refuses to use him central. He's started one game this season, in the League Cup, and scored, and played about half an hour since.

I'd be stunned if he was with us after January tbh as the manager obviously doesn't fancy him.

What was his best role for you lot? I remember him standing out central against us at McDiarmid, and he always looks really out of place on the wing.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was played exclusively on the wing last season, and left to try and deal with two markers in a team that could barely create a chance or get players in the box, he them got a bad injury and vanished for while. The manager flat out refuses to use him central. He's started one game this season, in the League Cup, and scored, and played about half an hour since.

I'd be stunned if he was with us after January tbh as the manager obviously doesn't fancy him.

What was his best role for you lot? I remember him standing out central against us at McDiarmid, and he always looks really out of place on the wing.

Fair enough, can probably stick him in the 'hard to tell' category then. 

He was mainly CM for us but he also played out on the left at times. Similar to our current midfield he never stopped running. More of an attacking mid if I remember right and loved to set up goals.