Livingston - all the threads merged

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're absolutely deluded if you're expecting your players called up, we've had the best defence in the country for a few years, a midfield duo dominant for half a decade in the top flight, and a striker bag over 20 goals in a season, and they totalled 1 minute of football for Scotland. 

Teams below the top five get ignored.

Seen a league table recently? :D

Alas, I hate to say you're probably right. 

Yes; not exactly a surprise but as an aside is that actually the size of the trophy?

If you imagine a top half manager is going to get maybe two of those per year and you retain your role for say three years that's some significant amount of space they're going to use up. Surely that one's just for show and the actual award is a little silver egg-cup?

That is unless Doncaster and Co are trying to compensate for something.

Well deserved though - hopefully it wont be the usual kiss of death (like the vote of confidence from the chairman)

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Very much deserved...wonder which Livi manager has had the best start to his reign, surely Gary is up there

Without looking at any other managers (mainly laziness, but also because I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who would have had a better record than him), winning our next 4 games would match Leishman's record in our first 10 games in the 1995 third division.

We started that season like this - WWWWWWWDDW (18 points after 6 games; 26 points after 10 games)

Gary Holt - WWWDWD (14 points after 6 games)

To even get close to that record in the top flight rather than the bottom one is some going. 

1. SPFL Premiership Form Guide Points Last Six
    Livingston 14
    Hibs 13
    Celtic 13
    Hearts 13
    Kilmarnock 12
    Rangers 10
    Aberdeen 8
    St.Johnstone 7
    Motherwell 5
    Hamilton 3
    Dundee 3
    St.Mirren 1

This is our tally with Gary Holt's 6 games in charge.

Damn you Kenny Miller for the other 2 games that you were in charge  1 point.

Pie and Bovril ‏ @pieandbov 8h8 hours ago
  1. SPFL Premiership Form Guide Points Last Six Livingston 14 Hibs 13 Celtic 13 Hearts 13 Kilmarnock 12 Rangers 10 Aberdeen 8 St.Johnstone 7 Motherwell 5 Hamilton 3 Dundee 3 St.Mirren 1
This is our tally with Gary Holt's 6 games in charge.

Damn you Kenny Miller for the other 2 games that you were in charge  1 point.

camt believe im envious of a 0.5 points a game record!

39 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Who would sibbald play ahead of ??

Not suggesting he'd be playing in front of anyone, would be very harsh to drop any of our 3 CMs. He's looked good the small amount he has played though and would give us a very good option from the bench, maybe even force his way into the first team. A very good problem for Holt to have anyway.

Also think we've been quite fortunate that the few guys we have away with internationals are fringe players so if they pick up any injuries it shouldn't hurt us too much.

As I recall with Falkirk his preferred position was left of midfield; in some ways where Lamie plays at the moment.

The problem is obviously Lamie has been playing very well at the moment and could (should)  have scored two on Saturday but for some dodgy refereeing and a block on the line. Also he gives Gary the option of changing to a flat four defence if needed.

Other than that the choice could be Dolly Menga but that wouldn't go down well with many; Robinson being another but the amounts of chances he creates for others would potentially be lost.

Lawless was another option but he's really on the wrong side unless we look at starting the game as a flat four at the back in which case Keaghan could look at moving wide and Sibbald could look at left midfield in a 4-4-2 formation.

Ultimately it really depends who you're playing against; our wing attacks weren't as effective against Motherwell who were prepared to defend in depth; in that case its really pressurising form the middle and looking for a gap. 

Personally I wouldn't say Sibbald was a "must start" at the moment; but would certainly normally be ahead of the likes of Lawson and Cadden. As the season drags on he will get his chance; what he does with it is really up to him.

He played in a game against Falkkirk last week and another for the reserves last night, I think he's ready to get into the first team now. 

Keaghan and Lamie have played their way into regular starts, along with the usual core 5 outfield players, Lawless, Robinson & Menga too look like being starters, but are the ones most likely to be substituted in the 2nd half, mostly for the amount of running they put in and to replace them when they knackered. I think Lamie gets an extra credit for playing the full 90 because he's a defender and fits in well with the back 3, more likely to take Lawless off for either McMillan or Lawson to strengthen our defence in the closing minutes.

Formation wise we like to have 5 in midfield, so it's either 3-5-2 or 4-5-1, I think Sibbs would do well in the latter, playing in behind Hardie or Menga.

Talking of which, it'll be even more of a headache for Holt once Hardie is back too, then Raffa. Great problem to have though.