Livingston - all the threads merged

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Still absolutely obsessed with the Bairns eh.

Nice. Jump in behind Morton lads. You got there first but they are more excitable at the minute.

Believe me mate, there are loads of folk that are enjoying the absolute shambles that Falkirk FC has become :thumsup2

Was interested to see McMillan come on today. His Livi career has puzzled me so far as he doesn't feature at all for weeks at a time then randomly starts making substitute appearances again. He played regularly while on loan for the first half of last season but then far less after he signed permanently in January. Lawson came on ahead of him against Hamilton last week so I thought that was McMillan knocked further down the pecking order but then he came on again today, perhaps as a result of Lawson not looking at all convincing last week. We definitely need a more defensive alternative to Lawless for that right midfield position and a right footed player would be preferable, so I hope McMillan can come good.

Edited by Guest

Was interested to see McMillan come on today. His Livi career has puzzled me so far as he doesn't feature at all for weeks at a time then randomly starts making substitute appearances again. He played regularly while on loan for the first half of last season but then far less after he signed permanently in January. Lawson came on ahead of him against Hamilton last week so I thought that was McMillan knocked further down the pecking order but then he came on again today, perhaps as a result of Lawson not looking at all convincing last week. We definitely need a more defensive alternative to Lawson for that right midfield position and a right footed player would be preferable, so I hope McMillan can come good.
McMillan seems to get sent on to shore up the defence.
Lawson appears to be getting used to still cause an attacking threat.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

McMillan seems to get sent on to shore up the defence.
Lawson appears to be getting used to still cause an attacking threat.

Indeed. I actually mixed up Lawless and Lawson at one point in my last comment which I've since edited. There's Kaya also who can play that right midfield role as an attacking winger although I've noticed Kaya tends to only come on as the right of the attacking midfield three when we switch to a 4-2-3-1 later on in matches. We did that again yesterday for the last 15 minutes against Hearts although it was McMillan who just moved up to the right of the three with Gallagher going to right back as usual. The nice thing about our starting line up in the 3-5-2 is that Gallagher can play wider at right back in a 4 and Lamie can drop into left back very comfortably, so they can twist the 3-5-2 round into a back 4 seamlessly.