Livingston - all the threads merged

2 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Don't think you'd see a 'technical director' on the sidelines balling at kentz.... 

That statement was tongue in cheek, of coarse changing his title to technical director wouldn’t make a difference because of his hands on approach. My point is Gus is being brought in at St Mirren to do the job that Martindale has been doing, the job that has been much criticised by those outwith the club. 

That statement was tongue in cheek, of coarse changing his title to technical director wouldn’t make a difference because of his hands on approach. My point is Gus is being brought in at St Mirren to do the job that Martindale has been doing, the job that has been much criticised by those outwith the club. 

You know perfectly well that Martindale and Livingston get criticised for non football matters

44 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

You know perfectly well that Martindale and Livingston get criticised for non football matters

Well not necessarily, ofcourse that is one reason but not all, btw I’m not having a dig at St Mirren in anyway, it’s a good move imo. 

We got criticised for signing players pre season despite not having a manager, that’s been proved to be a good move. 

We get criticised because our assistant manager does a lot of shouting on the sidelines despite the fact that nearly every assistant in the country does the same. 

We get criticised because our previous manager left, they blamed that on our assistant manager which is also nonsense. 

Kenny Miller left because of him too, also not the case, but that fits in well for the press with all the above despite no evidence to show. 

As ive said it’s a great move by St Mirren, it’s worked very very well for us having a “constant presence” working within the “football department” to keep continuety. 

Edited by andylivi1

Yeah Kenny Miller is no shrinking violet that would stand for anyone telling him what he can and can't do, and would've let everyone know about it after he left too. Lithgow being sidelined and then put back in after Miller left shows Martindale had no influence over what Miller was doing. Miller also has been very complimentary about our players and has never said a bad word on the Club and him parting company. It just simply didn't work out between us and he wanted to keep on playing football. Personally i'm glad he didn't stay on as manager too because he changed how we played, and Holt has completely bought into us playing to our strengths, and has made several comments about us needing to keep playing the way we do as it gets us results. Miller wanted to change all that and we struggled to score goals with him playing too.

Martindale and the backroom staff have done a fantastic job behind the scenes and are continuing to do so, how we've done this season is mostly down to Martindale's work pre season, keeping continuity going from last season, getting everyone back signed up and adding to the squad with players Hoppy and him had targeted. Changing managers twice didn't even cause us to miss a beat playing wise, despite the press having us in turmoil.

45 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

The reserves beat Berwick 9-0 tonight after a 7-1 win last week.

Changed days from getting pumped off Cowdenbeath.

Tbf the team we had out tonight would be very comfortable against full strength league 1 teams never mind a league 2 reserve teams. 

Shows how strong a squad we have. 

Alan Lithgow the best rated Livi player at 66 in FIFA 19... Pittman 62, Byrne 60 - bet thats given Pits some bragging rights :) 

Also a few names I didn't expect to see, Hamilton is in it along with Saunders

Edited by Mpire

1 hour ago, Mpire said:

Alan Lithgow the best rated Livi player at 66 in FIFA 19... Pittman 62, Byrne 60 - bet thats given Pits some bragging rights :) 

Pittman is down as a striker for some reason.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Alan Lithgow the best rated Livi player at 66 in FIFA 19... Pittman 62, Byrne 60 - bet thats given Pits some bragging rights [emoji4] 
Why wouldn't you expect to see Hamilton and Saunders? They are in our first team squad. They are also in PES. So is Cammy Clark. Because he's in our squad.

4 hours ago, LogieLivi said:
22 hours ago, Mpire said:
Alan Lithgow the best rated Livi player at 66 in FIFA 19... Pittman 62, Byrne 60 - bet thats given Pits some bragging rights emoji4.png 

Why wouldn't you expect to see Hamilton and Saunders? They are in our first team squad. They are also in PES. So is Cammy Clark. Because he's in our squad.

Are the players rated much differently in PES?

Are the players rated much differently in PES?
It's about the same to be honest. Halkett is about a 63 or so.
Only thing wrong with PES in comparison is the fact that the numbers on the black kit are white rather than gold like they are in real life. Decent game though!

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, Mpire said:
KM is not in it. Dunno why... sometimes FIFA isnt great for having all the players.

I'd imagine when they release the update in a few months they'll add a few missing players in

Im just pleased I can play with Livi again - save having to 'random select' a Scottish team to play with. Would love to see them do all the  Scottish leagues but that is never gonna happen...

3 hours ago, Mpire said:

KM is not in it. Dunno why... sometimes FIFA isnt great for having all the players.

Fifa, and PES, generally release the game with out of date squads but patch it fairly quickly after. 

Please tell me that Lithgow has a better rating than Kenny Miller?

Actually, is KM a Livi player?
When I first got the game, it was our squad from last season.
Longridge, Mullin, Alexander etc was our team.
The first update updated us with Kenny Miller listed as manager but not a player.
I started a master league as Livi and Kenny Miller pops up as a regen player at 16 years old. Had a rating of 69.
Now PES has been updated to also have us with Lawson and Menga.
They update it almost every week it seems as our team sheet from last week was the sheet we played with similar to that thing fifa do with the up to date EPL games etc.

Fifa hasn't been released yet has it?

Also in PES of you start a player career it always starts you with Livi if you choose the Scottish league. Which is awesome for us.

3 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

When I first got the game, it was our squad from last season.
Longridge, Mullin, Alexander etc was our team.
The first update updated us with Kenny Miller listed as manager but not a player.
I started a master league as Livi and Kenny Miller pops up as a regen player at 16 years old. Had a rating of 69.
Now PES has been updated to also have us with Lawson and Menga.
They update it almost every week it seems as our team sheet from last week was the sheet we played with similar to that thing fifa do with the up to date EPL games etc.

Fifa hasn't been released yet has it?

Also in PES of you start a player career it always starts you with Livi if you choose the Scottish league. Which is awesome for us.

FIFA released next Friday...