Livingston - all the threads merged

Great appointment for you lads!!! 

Falkirk fans giving it big licks on here.he was never a bad manager for us.did well with a shocking budget and can’t blame him for heading to Norwich as assistant where he’s loved.pretty sure he never lost a game against Dundee so dunno what that numpty is dribbling about 

2 hours ago, Bigbairn72 said:

Great appointment for you lads!!! 

Falkirk fans giving it big licks on here.he was never a bad manager for us.did well with a shocking budget and can’t blame him for heading to Norwich as assistant where he’s loved.pretty sure he never lost a game against Dundee so dunno what that numpty is dribbling about 

What a wonderfully refreshing attitude!

All the best for the season

7 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
7 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:
Says the poster who has neil mcann as his clubs manager emoji38.png

Oh I'd agree that McCann is awful - if (or more likely when) he goes then Holt would have been near the bottom of the list of potential replacements - just ask Killie fans.

Ask them what?

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

What did you guys think of Miller as a player? Can he still do a job in the top league or is he finished?

Obviously we only saw him for 7 games, some of which he was just getting match fitness so the following opinion is based on that small sample size. 

I think he is finished as a number 9. He comes deep all the time and then is too far from goal when attacking. On the rare occasions he played up top he didn’t seem to have the lungs to get back in a hurry and was often miles offside. In my opinion, we looked a far better team when he eventually subbed himself off.

He did work hard and showed some good touches so his talent is not all gone but I think the Premiership is beyond him now.

40 minutes ago, Snooky said:

Obviously we only saw him for 7 games, some of which he was just getting match fitness so the following opinion is based on that small sample size. 

I think he is finished as a number 9. He comes deep all the time and then is too far from goal when attacking. On the rare occasions he played up top he didn’t seem to have the lungs to get back in a hurry and was often miles offside. In my opinion, we looked a far better team when he eventually subbed himself off.

He did work hard and showed some good touches so his talent is not all gone but I think the Premiership is beyond him now.

Tend to agree - if he wants to continue playing in the premiership then it should primarily be as a second half substitute.

No one's questioning the guys effort and dedication but sometimes that's simply not enough. If he wants to play 90 minutes then really I think its league one where you get more space and time; the Championship is just too rushed and competitive.

Irrespective he's really not a striker anymore.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

What did you guys think of Miller as a player? Can he still do a job in the top league or is he finished?

Quite hard to tell, he spent his time here dropping into midfield to manage the team. The rare occasion he was actually up front he managed to get behind the defence and still has a bit of pace about him. He can't last 90 minutes unless he goes missing from the game for an hour inbetween, problem being that he kept saying that he was the fittest in our squad so I could see him falling out with a manager who doesn't agree with him.

Think he'd be a half decent signing for a bottom half team if he was playing up front and accepted he's not as fit as he thinks, and would be guaranteed to score against us tbh. 

Hi,

There is an article on my website with Jackson Longridge which I conducted on behalf of the Official Dunfermline Athletic Football Club Match-Day Programme. 

Jackson spoke about his time at Livi; the influence of David Hopkin and why he chose to remain in the Championship... 

Thanks,

All the Best for the season! :thumsup2

35 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Hi,

There is an article on my website with Jackson Longridge which I conducted on behalf of the Official Dunfermline Athletic Football Club Match-Day Programme. 

Jackson spoke about his time at Livi; the influence of David Hopkin and why he chose to remain in the Championship... 

Thanks,

Good article; glad its working out for Jackson. One of the nicest guys in football (although he's also daft as a brush).

I don't think Miller would be any different just playing, I think that's his natural position where he was playing, may get told by the manager to get further forward but would he take to being told what to do, seems pretty much of the opinion he's the dogs bollocks. Only goal he scored for us was against Annan, and was well taken, Sibbald played a peach of a pass for him to run onto and he looked like he bust a gut getting to it and was knackered for a bit afterwards (14 mins into the game). He has good touches but even then he started making slack passes later in the game when he looked knackered, i'd have had Keaghan or Sibbs in midfield rather than Miller tbh.

Most telling thing for me was in the Celtic game, we looked a lot better after he went off and started making chances for ourselves, then scored a goal.

4 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Hi,

Thanks,

I think he made the right decision, I agree with him and don't think he'd have been starting games just now, and would prob have been more of an utility player. Best of luck to him, he has great enthusiasm for the game and it shines out from him, you can see how much he enjoys playing football.

In all honesty, you are far better with that wee perma-tanned flute away from your club. Holt's a good guy, can't ever remember hearing a bad word about him from anyone that has worked under him at Falkirk.