Livingston - all the threads merged

This is braw. Exactly what the club needed - bunker mentality - let the pundits criticise and Falkirk fans scoff.
Signing Miller as player / manager turned us into a sideshow. A wee, low key appointment of macintyre or holt or Hoppy and we can go back to being irrelevant underdogs ploughing away unnoticed picking up enough points to secure survival. Season goals achieved

38 minutes ago, Accies88 said:

Livingston getting tore into on Sportsound. 

Load of pish and I don't listen to it but I'm going to assume they were coming up with all sorts of theories about why Livingston have disgraced themselves and missing out on the amazingly talented Kenny Miller, while also moaning about the pitch?

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Load of pish and I don't listen to it but I'm going to assume they were coming up with all sorts of theories about why Livingston have disgraced themselves and missing out on the amazingly talented Kenny Miller, while also moaning about the pitch?

Pretty much that and Tom English mentioning drug dealers. Basically tearing you a new one on all fronts. Don't worry though diddy alliance is still strong bud.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Yeh, that more or less covered it along with multiple comments regarding our perennial dodginess. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Accies88 said:

Pretty much that and Tom English mentioning drug dealers. Basically tearing you a new one on all fronts. Don't worry though diddy alliance is still strong bud.

He mentioned that Livi's assistant manager is a drug dealer. Nobody would have known otherwise, I know I for one have never brought it up ...

1 minute ago, Afro said:

It isn't exactly scoop of the century and he could have been lying to make the guy feel better but I know a footballer who Miller told he really wanted to sign but wasn't allowed to as he didn't fit the sort of player that he was given scope to sign. It become a bit of a saga with Miller trying to push the issue but in the end, he never got what he wanted and the player in question has now had to go back abroad.

I don't agree with what Yogi is saying about how all signing business should be on hold though. It seems daft signing players that a manager might not want but Dundee really struggled badly in 2012 when we had to wait for weeks on end for the Rangers scenario to be decided and then had to wait for the TV money to come through (since at that time, we were in a state where we had no overdraft facility and were fan owned). In that time, we missed out on a few players including the likes of Steven MacLean and a couple of loan players from down south with a high reputation.

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Dundee really struggled badly in 2012 when we had to wait for weeks on end for the Rangers scenario to be decided and then had to wait for the TV money to come through (since at that time, we were in a state where we had no overdraft facility and were fan owned).

I've always thought this was the case, had Dundee pegged from the first game that season, because of the club 12 debacle.

The maddening thing about that was the wat the media  tried to pin it on Peter Pawlett rather than discuss absolute failure of the authorities to promptly handle the Rangers situation. Dundee were really just colatteral damage.

8 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It isn't exactly scoop of the century and he could have been lying to make the guy feel better but I know a footballer who Miller told he really wanted to sign but wasn't allowed to as he didn't fit the sort of player that he was given scope to sign. It become a bit of a saga with Miller trying to push the issue but in the end, he never got what he wanted and the player in question has now had to go back abroad.

Living abroad or Livingston? What a dilemma :/

2 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I've always thought this was the case, had Dundee pegged from the first game that season, because of the club 12 debacle.

The maddening thing about that was the wat the media  tried to pin it on Peter Pawlett rather than discuss absolute failure of the authorities to promptly handle the Rangers situation. Dundee were really just colatteral damage.

What I think is the most funny thing about the whole debacle was that we spent years in the First Division practically begging for another playoff spot of some description as we would generally always finish second place and had a couple of seasons where we definitely had decent teams (Kevin McDonald and Scott Robertson in midfield second to a Hamilton side with McArthur and McCarthy) who would challenge a top-flight side.

The time the opportunity finally comes, it was literally the biggest ever points gap between 1st and 2nd place with Ross County literally 24 points ahead at the top of the table! They couldn't have picked a worse year for it if they tried.

We had an insane revival under Bomber (the great managerial genius that he is) when things come together and maybe it could have gone differently if he arrived a month or two before but we really weren't in any state and the gulf in some games was embarrassing.

46 minutes ago, Afro said:

That’s Hopkin ruled himself out of it now.

Bit of a gamble whoever we go for now imo.

Lets be honest, we can speculate as much as we like on a new manager, but there are only two criteria the new appointment is required to meet;

1) will he keep Martindale as assistant?

2) will he let Martindale pick the team?

Outside of that, nothing else is relevant as long as he has coaching badge,s that the club can use to fulfil its criteria, as DM is banned from even taking them. 

What I think is the most funny thing about the whole debacle was that we spent years in the First Division practically begging for another playoff spot of some description as we would generally always finish second place and had a couple of seasons where we definitely had decent teams (Kevin McDonald and Scott Robertson in midfield second to a Hamilton side with McArthur and McCarthy) who would challenge a top-flight side.

That Dundee side defo wouldn’t have challenged in the premiership. Can’t believe Dundee fans even tried to compare Robertson with McArthur [emoji23]