Livingston - all the threads merged

59 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Our feel good factor is long gone too.

If Livi appoint a competent manager all is not lost. Ourselves, Accies and Dundee are all in a bit of a state just now.

His football isn't pretty but Duffy would be a good fit for Livi. He would give you lot the best chance of staying up imo.

I’m not a huge Duffy fan to be honest but I agree with the general point you make about needing a safe pair of hands now.

I’m not a huge Duffy fan to be honest but I agree with the general point you make about needing a safe pair of hands now.

Based on what I heard during the summer, it would take an incredible u-turn from the board to turn to Duffy now. I don’t think his antiquated approach has won him any favour amongst our directors.

7 minutes ago, Afro said:

Based on what I heard during the summer, it would take an incredible u-turn from the board to turn to Duffy now. I don’t think his antiquated approach has won him any favour amongst our directors.

Duffy was my first choice from the start, isn't popular with a few of you but he's somebody that would keep us up and the players would get behind him, might even get Quitongo signed too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Would he aye? Duffy would take you straight back down, the guy is a footballing dinosaur.

So is McCall but he's still a good manager.

Duffy is good at man management, you know what you get with him, nothing that will disrupt us or feck about trying new things out, Martindale does the training so all we really need is someone like Duffy to pick the best XI, play them in their proper positions and give them a good team talk at HT.

There isn't any need to change anything, everyone knows what to do and how to do it, just let them get on with it basically.

Duffy could be a good fit. Likes to play two banks of four, set up a solid defence, keep it direct and nick goals from set pieces. Very similar to Livvy last season.

Type of manager who could keep you up for a year or two but not progress further.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

ouffy could be a good fit. Likes to play two banks of four, set up a solid defence, keep it direct and nick goals from set pieces. Very similar to Livvy next season.

Type of manager who could keep you up for a year or two but not progress further.

That's all I want yep. he was pals with Hoppy and they worked together, even adopted our style in later games against us and made it a lot more difficult playing you. Imo he'd cause little disruption and give us a fighting chance of staying up, where we go in 2 years time could see us bringing in someone else for the future but right now all we need is for someone to steady the ship.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

46 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

So is McCall but he's still a good manager.

Duffy is good at man management, you know what you get with him, nothing that will disrupt us or feck about trying new things out, Martindale does the training so all we really need is someone like Duffy to pick the best XI, play them in their proper positions and give them a good team talk at HT.

There isn't any need to change anything, everyone knows what to do and how to do it, just let them get on with it basically.

The benefit of Duffy is the work he does on training, getting the players on his side and improving them through day to day coaching - see the transformation of Ricki Lamie from a player who struggled in League One to a solid Championship centre back who was well deserving of a move to the top flight.

What Jim Duffy will not do, ever, is pick the best eleven at his disposal with everyone playing in their natural position. He will repeatedly play centre backs in central midfield, central midfielders at full back, centre forwards at full back and wingers at centre forward. Probably all in the same game.

If you don't need anyone to overhaul training or the squad but do need someone who can get the best out of the players at your disposal on match days then there are few worse options than Jim Duffy.

Even if you were to go for a manager with a tendency to tinker, surely Jim McIntyre's stock is far higher than Duffy?

Edited by Dunning1874

How mental would it be if Hoppy decided to come back though, reckon it would even increase our crowds for our next couple of home games, place would be buzzing again. Hello Hoppy, so you didn't find a club mate, and things didn't work out with our new manager, how'd ye fancy getting the old band back together for another season eh? Nah couldn't happen...………………...

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

If only it was just 2 or 3.

If it was only 2 or 3 teams better than us, I'd feel like an Inverness fan. 

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

FTFY

Hey! I used to like you too..