Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

That's what Killie announced but there were only just over 1000 in the East Stand so maybe the rest were in hospitality?

Each of the blocks holds just under 250 and there were four blocks almost full with a chunk in the corner. Maybe there were a lot in the Killie pie queue? :whistle

We as in Livi…?

8 minutes ago, tirso said:

was asking not denigrating. 

losing 3 thousand people from a gate.  just thought given the feel good factor in Scottish football at the moment a good proportion of them would come back.  it's probably worth trying to work out why they haven't.  

Two things:

1. The club don't really do marketing (yes; I know)

2. £24 for a adult or Vue Cinema for £5 kind of settles it for the nonaligned family looking for something to do on a Saturday.

41 minutes ago, tirso said:

was asking not denigrating. 

losing 3 thousand people from a gate.  just thought given the feel good factor in Scottish football at the moment a good proportion of them would come back.  it's probably worth trying to work out why they haven't.  

I know you were only asking, and I apologise - the assumption was mine alone. It just rips my knitting that in the ever prevalent crowdwank stuff that goes on, it always seems to be the small crowds getting mocked as opposed to the stay awayers being questioned.

Our figures from back then were, IMO, hugely inflated by curious onlookers who hadn't experienced top flight fitba in Livingston and wondered what it would be like to have it on their doorstep as opposed to traipsing East or West. 

As has been mentioned by Durnford above, if you're non-aligned (ooyah, sounds sair) in Livingston then there are far less expensive things in the area to get involved in.  

There were four or five thousand turned up at our home play offs games in the west and south stand, even spilling into the east stand against Thistle, then over two thousand went to the 2nd leg away to Thistle, they seem to have only been drawn to the excitement of the promotion games though. Still folk on their hols too right enough, notices a few missing around me that are regulars and will be there again this season. 

We've got home games against Hibs and Sevco next month, that will no doubt bring out all the big game boys to swell our home support.

I was slightly disappointed with the numbers tbh. Not exactly a glamour tie though.

Anyone else think that putting down the new pitch might actually put people off coming along? I've got the feeling that it does tbh... "football should be on grass etc. etc."

3 hours ago, Mpire said:

I was slightly disappointed with the numbers tbh. Not exactly a glamour tie though.

Anyone else think that putting down the new pitch might actually put people off coming along? I've got the feeling that it does tbh... "football should be on grass etc. etc."

I've heard that from people I work with when talking about our new pitch...mostly men of a certain age. I get where their coming from but we're trying to guarantee that football WILL be played...albeit on an artificial surface.

Our grass pitch has been a disgrace at points over the last few seasons. Provided the plastic pitch eventually settles in, this was undoubtedly the smartest move for the club from both an entertainment and financial point of view.

Anyone know if it was an electric fault just with the stadium last night or the whole area? Hopefully whole area otherwise pretty embarrassing. Sounded like the young lads were putting on a good show as well! 

Wouldn’t say embarrassing, floodlight failure happens quite a lot, not much you can do about it, just one of those things,  was told the club phoned the electricity company and got told it would take up to 4 hours for an engineer to come out. 

The ref was told this but took the chance to start the game anyway. 

It was a real shame because the young lads were putting on a real good show, played some lovely football and was really enjoyable, Forfar on the other hand looked dreadful and won’t be anywhere near as bad I wouldn’t have thought in the rearranged game next Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, Mpire said:

Anyone know if it was an electric fault just with the stadium last night or the whole area? Hopefully whole area otherwise pretty embarrassing. Sounded like the young lads were putting on a good show as well! 

Apparently the gym and Lidl's were also affected  (don't know about the housing over the road) which kind of points at the building work being carried out.  All supposition though; I blame Boris Johnson.

33 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

Livingstons support was embarrassing for the circumstances of the game. Outsang and numbered in your first home game in 13 years in top league.

Genuinely didn't hear much from Killie apart from trying to kick off pre-game in the stadium bar as if they're a big team :D 

27 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Genuinely didn't hear much from Killie apart from trying to kick off pre-game in the stadium bar as if they're a big team :D 

Aye, few choruses of that *** song in the first 20 minutes or so and nothing else from where I was sitting. Maybe they had 10,000 on the hill.