Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, TurbineTon said:

Any closer to signing Jai Quitongo?

I would imagine given our lack of friendlies, it's not looking likely... We're away to Gateshead next Tuesday, so I imagine we'll have a clearer idea by then if there are any trialists with the squad at the moment.

4 hours ago, TurbineTon said:

Has he played any friendly games for you?

No but as far as I’m aware he has a week or two until he can go down south for free - would probably be best for us to bid 5-10k now and tempt Morton. It’s better than nothing 

Wasn't there tonight but it doesn't sound like we were particularly potent playing 4 at the back. Gallagher being shoehorned in at right-back wasn't good in the past and I don't think it's good for us now.

Would like to see another option tried there on Saturday, whether in a 4 or a 5.

19 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Wasn't there tonight but it doesn't sound like we were particularly potent playing 4 at the back. Gallagher being shoehorned in at right-back wasn't good in the past and I don't think it's good for us now.

Would like to see another option tried there on Saturday, whether in a 4 or a 5.

Not actually sure what formation we are playing, at times we were definitely playing with a back 3. 

We seem to be a bit disjointed during the game and I wonder if it is because of formation, it looked as though we were playing 3-4-2-1  but when we knocked it up to Lee Miller he won almost every ball but no one was running ahead to pick up the flick ons. 

1 hour ago, Lothiangamer said:

Not actually sure what formation we are playing, at times we were definitely playing with a back 3. 

We seem to be a bit disjointed during the game and I wonder if it is because of formation, it looked as though we were playing 3-4-2-1  but when we knocked it up to Lee Miller he won almost every ball but no one was running ahead to pick up the flick ons. 

Said the same thing on the cup thread, L Miller was too isolated and his flick ons were wasted. He wins everything in the air so somebody should be making runs anticipating him wining the headers. Hoping Hardie will be back playing soon.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I thought big Dec had a great game, his pen in the shoot out was shocking right enough.:lol:

K Miller is sitting deep playing more like a holding midfielder than a striker, and not sure what Cadden was meant to be doing, L Miller wasn't getting much support from either of them.

Solid keeping it two clean sheets from two games. Also good to see young Hamilton get a run -out at the end and Knox on the bench. Slightly concerned about all the tampering with formations (feels like something we should have been doing in friendlies). Strange that L Miller was isolated given that we know he is going to win headers/flick-ons. 

14 hours ago, LiviGaz said:

Think he saved twice from the spot, hope your fishing mate :blink:

Thought it was 1 save and 1 over the bar, completely forgot they missed 3. Still, two saves from eight (25%) is borderline disgraceful IMO (in my opinion (IMO))

Edited by LiviLion

2 hours ago, Mpire said:

Solid keeping it two clean sheets from two games. Also good to see young Hamilton get a run -out at the end and Knox on the bench. Slightly concerned about all the tampering with formations (feels like something we should have been doing in friendlies). Strange that L Miller was isolated given that we know he is going to win headers/flick-ons. 

When was the other clean sheet Mpire? I’m sure we’ve conceded in every other game

34 minutes ago, Snooky said:

When was the other clean sheet Mpire? I’m sure we’ve conceded in every other game

Sorry you are right! I was thinking we beat Airdrie 2-0 but we made an arse at the back (mostly CBs fault but keeper was all over the place as well) and conceded.

7 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Found it strange that Pittman seemingly was the last of the outfield players scheduled to take a penalty. Did he look like he was carrying a knock?

I take it you didn't  see Pittman's penalty in the New Saints shoot out. :rolleyes: