Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, LiviLion00 said:

I forgot the ball was played over our defenders head mate! Thanks for clearing that up lol. Let’s be serious. Your point is correct he should be playing sweeper but was that the time to be one ? Definitely not. Was the ball played over our defenders head? Nope.. certainly was not. So please explain to me with all your knowledge and wisdom why on Earth he was outside his box and the player scored from about 2/3 meters away from the box? But I take it Liam moving into that position wasn’t his fault was it? Halkett picked him up and moved him to that position didn’t he ? Before he even lost the ball kelly was a few steps from being outside his box aka no mans land. 

That;'s not what i said, you seem to be taking this all the wrong way and just making things up.

You keep missing the point, he was covering the defenders, if Halkett doesn't lose the ball then he's doing exactly what he should be doing and positioned where he should be, Halkett though is clearly at fault losing the ball and puts Kelly in the position where he's caught out of his goal.  You can't seriously be saying Kelly should know Halkett will lose the ball and stay back in his goal, that is just ludicrous, he's doing exactly what he should be doing when our defenders move up the pitch, come out and cover for a long ball played in behind them 

4 minutes ago, LiviLion00 said:

a picture from a video that I watched about 5 times. You that daft that you think I’m just looking at still images? You definitely sleep in a single bed mate. Without a doubt. 

Bloody hell, take a settler and calm down. :lol:

10 minutes ago, LiviLion00 said:

So please explain to me with all your knowledge and wisdom why on Earth he was outside his box

Probably something to do with the fact we had possession in the opposition half.

Liam Kelly to be the scapegoat for the moaners then. 

Nah I’m just annoyed how people can’t just see that’s a mistake. And one he shouldn’t be making at this level. He is the replacement to Alexander. Would he have done that? Definitely not. Just annoys me how we can’t see that as a error and try to fix it instead of cover it up. 

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Probably something to do with the fact we had possession in the opposition half.

Definitely won’t be using him as a scapegoat but I will definitely be one of the first to say when something is wrong unlike some people.

Edited by LiviLion00

By your logic Gallagher and Lithgow were at fault for not covering Halkett losing possession too, everyone should be positioned knowing Halkett was going to lose possession. Kelly isn't as good a keeper as Alexander, he's still a young keeper with a lot to learn, and Alexander was at the end of his career with a wealth of experience, but this is just nonsense trying to blame him yesterday.

Last season Alexander kicked the ball off an oncoming Dunfermline player after Longridge played him a short pass back, he should've knocked it to the side instead of kicking it straight up the pitch, but he didn't get any criticism for it, in fact he learnt from his mistake and knocked it to the side in another game when the same thing happened, and he was an experienced keeper, Kelly is in for a tough time if this is the kind of criticism he's going to get when it isn't even his fault.

18 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Exactly, really don't know how he can't see that. 

Neuer is one of the best keepers in the world and comes out covering as a sweeper all the time, LiviLion00 will have to get in touch with him to tell him he's doing it all wrong.

It's still early in the season, in fact, you could still effectively say pre-season. We are employing a new tactic and looking to play out of defense more. I think Halkett was caught in 2 minds play the kong ball or take a touch and play it out, Stevie Findlay berated the Airdrie players at halftime to press more in the 2nd half, probably the reason Halkett got caught on the ball.  Does not really matter whose fault it was as long as we learn from it.

In saying that, I think Halkett made a bad decision in trying to play the ball out, and Kelly made a bad decision in coming out of his box when there was no way he would get to the ball before the Airdrie player.  of course, this is just my opinion and that's about as much worth as my lottery ticket from Saturday night :)

I wasn't questioning his position before the ball was lost. He is exactly where he should be. I'm questioning why he felt the need to try and intercept a ball 30 yards outside his box when he wasn't going to get there. It is fairly simple. You stay in the box and you can use your hands, give the striker a decision to make. The majority of the fault lies with Halkett and the poor ball back to him. But Two games and two goals conceded from poor decision making by Kelly. 

I think Kelly would have had a better chance if he had gone backwards into his box instead of rushing forward. In his box he can use his hands and can force the opposition player to make a decision. Airdrie, of course, had a great chance of scoring anyway. It was Halkett who was responsible for the goal but Kelly made a wrong decision.

Hopefully they both learn and be glad it made no difference to the result.

Edited by orco

Nothing wrong with his starting position when Halkett loses the ball. Every goalkeeper in world football would be on the edge of the D at the 18 yard box when we had possession where he did.

Where it goes wrong is the fact he goes towards the ball rather than back towards the goal. I'd even go as far to say that if he'd went back he probably wouldn't have had save to make given how relatively far Duffy was from goal.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Worth noting Kelly slipped when he started coming out, I'm sure it's something he'll work on but didn't cover himself in glory - nor did Halkett though.

So he slipped too? Lol my point proven. Shouldn’t of been where he was. Shouldn’t have ran towards the man as if he was big Marvin in his prime. Was never going to end well. 

Running back towards the goal gives the striker a bigger target to aim for, and I imagine it's not very easy to pull of a save while you're trying to run backwards. Closing him down means he has to hit it early and more chance of it coming off the keeper, and unfortunately in this case it goes in. The fact he slips doesn't suddenly mean he's made the wrong decision, I don't think he thought "Right, close him down but make sure you slip too, that'll throw him off."

1 hour ago, LiviLion00 said:

could of

Mods, pls.

1 hour ago, LiviLion00 said:

So he slipped too? Lol my point proven. Shouldn’t of been where he was. Shouldn’t have ran towards the man as if he was big Marvin in his prime. Was never going to end well. 

I don't even think you know what your point is tbh. And again, mods pls.

12 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Running back towards the goal gives the striker a bigger target to aim for, and I imagine it's not very easy to pull of a save while you're trying to run backwards. Closing him down means he has to hit it early and more chance of it coming off the keeper, and unfortunately in this case it goes in. The fact he slips doesn't suddenly mean he's made the wrong decision, I don't think he thought "Right, close him down but make sure you slip too, that'll throw him off."

Mods, pls.

I don't even think you know what your point is tbh. And again, mods pls.

Lmao! Your calling for mods for your own fans? You’re an actual weirdo trying to get me banned or whatever your aim is by saying ‘mods pls’ I have my opinion and my opinion is similar to a few others. Maybe go read what they said instead of being a weirdo trying to get me banned or what ever. For what? My opinion? That’s what football is my friend. Full of opinions so if you don’t agree with me then that’s cool. I don’t agree with you either. Do you see me being a child about it and calling for ‘mods pls’ what you trying to achieve by that? Explain ‘pls’