Livingston - all the threads merged

The below is from an interview with L Miller on BBC. Not sure how i feel about changing it up. Was this not what everyone was worried about happening....

'Mix it up a bit more'

Livi made it back-to-back promotions via the play-offs, using long balls to good effect.

However, Miller suggested a move away from the direct style adopted by former boss David Hopkin.

"I think we're going to try and pass the ball a bit more this year," he said.

"Obviously we had a style of play last season under Davie that suited us, but this year we want to try and add to that

3 minutes ago, Mpire said:

The below is from an interview with L Miller on BBC. Not sure how i feel about changing it up. Was this not what everyone was worried about happening....

'Mix it up a bit more'

Livi made it back-to-back promotions via the play-offs, using long balls to good effect.

However, Miller suggested a move away from the direct style adopted by former boss David Hopkin.

"I think we're going to try and pass the ball a bit more this year," he said.

"Obviously we had a style of play last season under Davie that suited us, but this year we want to try and add to that

Against the better defences in the premiership, the direct game might not be as effective....I would imagine it'll still be there as a Plan B when the passing game doesn't work. We have players in the squad who are more than capable of playing a passing style as we showed numerous times last season. I think the part we as fans are worried about losing is the tireless closing down and harrying of opposition players when they're on the ball...if the energy and effort levels in that sense stay the same then I'd be happy.

Not sure about this tbh. We played a more passing style to win League One, then changed it to a direct style, getting the ball in our opponents half asap, and playing it on the deck up there, both styles worked in those divisions.

In the Premiership we may come under more pressure playing it about in our own half, so I would've thought Hoppy's Championship tactics of getting it out of our half and into our opponents half with one pass would've been sensible. I went to a Motherwell v Hearts game a few years back when we were on a break that weekend, the season Hearts were promoted, and noticed they'd changed from their free flowing Championship style to a more direct approach, it was certainly more physical than their Championship style too, which is how we played last season. So I thought we were already set up quite well to survive in the Premiership.

I worry we'll get taken apart trying to be too clever passing the ball about, and we'll be the ones getting mugged on the ball rather than our opponents when we played a direct game pressing them in their half.

Not cool at all leaking the kit. Not sure who you are but we will find out as this is unacceptable. Please remove your post, we have asked admin for co-operation as you are completely out of order posting this. 

12 minutes ago, EdiLivi said:

Not cool at all leaking the kit. Not sure who you are but we will find out as this is unacceptable. Please remove your post, we have asked admin for co-operation as you are completely out of order posting this. 

It’s hardly leaking the kit, I signed up to get the early preview, nothing was said about keeping it quiet when I done so ????

Its on the Livi forum too, you going to shut that down ? 

19 minutes ago, EdiLivi said:

And btw I don’t stand for threats either, yes I did screen grab it. 

C7D5C98A-415F-4673-88E4-4A354C2C925C.png

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not sure about this tbh. We played a more passing style to win League One, then changed it to a direct style, getting the ball in our opponents half asap, and playing it on the deck up there, both styles worked in those divisions.

In the Premiership we may come under more pressure playing it about in our own half, so I would've thought Hoppy's Championship tactics of getting it out of our half and into our opponents half with one pass would've been sensible. I went to a Motherwell v Hearts game a few years back when we were on a break that weekend, the season Hearts were promoted, and noticed they'd changed from their free flowing Championship style to a more direct approach, it was certainly more physical than their Championship style too, which is how we played last season. So I thought we were already set up quite well to survive in the Premiership.

I worry we'll get taken apart trying to be too clever passing the ball about, and we'll be the ones getting mugged on the ball rather than our opponents when we played a direct game pressing them in their half.

If it ain't broke don't fix it till it's broke.

The last person to change our style to pass, pass, oops was Yogi Hughes. I hope it doesn't come to that 

We should be playing to our strengths like we did the last couple of seasons 

Complete misstep from the club. Not sure what they were expecting from letting Tony Macaroni email a teaser (presumably where this came from).

Surely it's a good thing people are excited and posting about the strip?

Edited by EdinburghLivi

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Complete misstep from the club. Not sure what they were expecting from letting Tony Macaroni email a teaser (presumably where this came from).

Surely it's a good thing people are excited and posting about the strip?

Exactly, what did they expect, it was all over twitter before I even posted it on here, I just don’t know what they expected, I’m stunned if that’s someone involved with the club and very disappointed. 

My thoughts exactly, it’s a stunning top that I love, and I’ll be buying. 

So St Mirren just beat killie on pens. I watched the full game and must say they both didn’t show much in quality. I would like to think they are teams livi should be looking at getting points from in the league. Did anyone else watch it and if so what’s your opinion. Think it looks promising for livi ? I know it’s early doors yet but if they play like that against us then we could walk away with points. 

I love this. You're ok with having a drug dealing assistant manager, a thug and sex offender on your playing staff, but you're going to send someone to the naughty step for giving an advance preview of your kit? 

Wow.