Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, Rugster said:

Dylan Mackin. Talk to me please. 

Split opinions with Livi fans so you'll get some contrasting replies here, but I liked him. 

Went on loan to Brechin in January but still ended the season as our joint top scorer, doesn't tend to do all the hard work (hence why he split opinions here with what the others in our squad were like), but he knows where the back of the net is and can get himself in the right places. A few will call him lazy but I always thought he was just a bit slower, Brechin fans might be able to tell if laziness was actually the case. 

Just now, LiviLion said:

Split opinions with Livi fans so you'll get some contrasting replies here, but I liked him. 

Went on loan to Brechin in January but still ended the season as our joint top scorer, doesn't tend to do all the hard work (hence why he split opinions here with what the others in our squad were like), but he knows where the back of the net is and can get himself in the right places. A few will call him lazy but I always thought he was just a bit slower, Brechin fans might be able to tell if laziness was actually the case. 

Cheers!

Scored two against Glenafton, two against Brechin (in different games), one each against Airdrie, The New Saints, QOTS and Dumbarton for us, then once for Brechin against Falkirk.

Nine in 32 isn’t the best strike rate, as Ryan Hardy who replaced him got eight in 17

Mackin tends to fades quickly in games and doesn’t graft as much you would expect which makes him look a little lazy at times

Quite happy that we have managed to get some sort of fee for him and a sell on clause to boot as I fully expected him to leave by mutual consent

Don't rate him I'm afraid. He managed to score a few for us last season but most of the times I saw him he was slow and ponderous. He doesnt contribute much to the team but clearly has an eye for goal. Still plenty of time to develop but unless he comes on leaps and bounds over the summer I'd rate him as League One standard. Can't believe we managed to get a fee for him.

29 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Dylan Mackin. Talk to me please. 

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again Falkirk.

Absolutely no pace at all, and for a young guy he has no energy about him, just didn't fit in with the work rate of our players. Now the good points, good in the air, in and around the 6 yard box he'll score goals, but you'll need to feed him the ball because he wont run for it.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again Falkirk.

Absolutely no pace at all, and for a young guy he has no energy about him, just didn't fit in with the work rate of our players. Now the good points, good in the air, in and around the 6 yard box he'll score goals, but you'll need to feed him the ball because he wont run for it.
I think with our current personnell, thats the guy we didnt have. I do think he will used to change the style off the bench though mostly. Could be wrong.

As for leaning up, Hartley says if you have more then 10.5% body fat you train with the kids, so that shouldnt be a problem.

Wonder what the what the sell on clause is, seems like a bit of good business for the club. I could be wrong but I’m sure we picked him up on a free so selling him on is good. He is average and probably wouldn’t cut it just yet in the SPL. Hopefully we can do the same for another few that won’t really be effective in the top flight and use the money generated to bring in some more body’s to keep us up. 

Pitch has been delayed by the manufacturers over in Dutch land, that's the Berwick game being moved now, hope to feck they get it delivered and laid before our home game against Killie.

Another goalie in, Ross Stewart from St Mirren. Hopefully see him get a game in one of our Betfred cup matches to see how good he is, and for him to challenge Liam Kelly for the number one spot.

No idea what he's like but you would imagine he's better cover than Maley.

I feel like the loss of Alexander will hurt the defensive strength we had last year. It was night and day how organised they were in League One with Kelly compared to the Championship with Alexander. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Genuinely so happy he’s off, the fact we got a fee is crazy. 

Hopefully we put out that towards stumping up something for Quitongo to be honest

lets be serious, Mackin was dead weight, completely. Never getting near our first team

53 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Genuinely so happy he’s off, the fact we got a fee is crazy. 

Hopefully we put out that towards stumping up something for Quitongo to be honest

lets be serious, Mackin was dead weight, completely. Never getting near our first team

It's probably a token sum, given that you were apparently trying to free him anyway. Seems likely given we agreed to a sell on clause. Though that seems strange on a one year deal? Granted, it will still be active if we extend the contract, but if we wanted him long term, what would stop both parties from letting the contract expire, then signing a new one? 

Think there is a decent Championship player there in Mackin, still quite young and has time on his side. Was never going to get game time in the Premiership so I guess it’s best for all parties.

Unsure about Stewart. Alexander will be a massive miss and I’m not convinced either keeper can replace him adequately.

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

Granted, it will still be active if we extend the contract, but if we wanted him long term, what would stop both parties from letting the contract expire, then signing a new one? 

I don't think that would hold up as a loophole.

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I don't think that would hold up as a loophole.

I'd give bonus points for cheek if they did. No idea if it would though. Probs ly no one would until someone had to rule on it. 

Good luck to Dylan at Falkirk - hope he kicks on for his sake but good to get him off the books.

Would rather see Hamilton take a spot on the bench - looked good at the end of last season.

16 hours ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

What an absolute shambles we’re having with goalkeepers. This is going to cost us.

Not rate either of them?? I don't really know the new lad thats just arrived but if he is no.2 to Kelly I'm a bit worried...