Livingston - all the threads merged

Morgaro Gomis came on for us tonight :thumbsdown

He was with us on loan from Hearts a couple of years ago and he honestly looked like he was playing in a completely different reality to everyone else.

Quite remarkable to watch tbh. He was getting caught on the ball time and again.

We lost all 4 of our pre season games last year, at least we're actually getting positive results this time. King Kenny doing a fantastic job so far. 

Assuming the trialists would have been Gomis and Welsh? Wouldn't be too inspired by either of them tbh, one as a last resort back up I assume (or hope at the worst).

54 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Matthew "The next big thing" Knox not even getting onto the bench in a pre season game and Dylan Mackin still being picked is a strange one on me.

Knox is injured and Mackin was joint top scorer last season despite only playing half of it. 

14 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

We lost all 4 of our pre season games last year, at least we're actually getting positive results this time. King Kenny doing a fantastic job so far. 

Assuming the trialists would have been Gomis and Welsh? Wouldn't be too inspired by either of them tbh, one as a last resort back up I assume (or hope at the worst).

Gomis was one, Welsh was not the other

Very shaky at the back tonight, Kelly looked like a rabbit caught in headlights a few times. 

I’m worried about our wing backs, don’t think either side lived up to Mullin and Jacko. 

I’m going to put tonight down to rustiness, and tbf that’s only our second game and Queens I think have now played 5.

More positively Cadden looks fit and raring to go and Kenny Miller was the best player on the park for long spells. 

Sibbald had some nice touches but it was very apparent we are behind in terms of preparation and I worry we aren’t ready for competitive action next week. 

As has been said Gomis was poor, not any better than what we have, in fact very much worse, other Trialist who came on struggled to get in the game but felt for him a bit as he came on when we had a second string side out and weren’t doing much attacking. 

Goalkeeper, 2 wingers and another striker is what I’d be looking to bring in. 

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Aye you  can't take too much from pre season results. Although last season we played against teams from higher up divisions than ourselves and played pretty well against them, Hearts, Killie, Motherwell and Sunderland. It was mostly when all the 2nd half changes were made that the goals went in as well. Looks like we could do with another pre season game before the Betfred cup starts.

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I’m going to put tonight down to rustiness, and tbf that’s only our second game and Queens I think have now played 5.

We have played three. Annan last Saturday, East Fife on Tuesday and now this one. We are one game ahead of you. 

Aye you  can't take too much from pre season results. Although last season we played against teams from higher up divisions than ourselves and played pretty well against them, Hearts, Killie, Motherwell and Sunderland. It was mostly when all the 2nd half changes were made that the goals went in as well. Looks like we could do with another pre season game before the Betfred cup starts.
I don't think you'd made a change before our 1st. I thought the 4 man sub happened after our 2nd as well but not as sure on that.

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We have played three. Annan last Saturday, East Fife on Tuesday and now this one. We are one game ahead of you. 

Ah right, my bad, thought you’d played more, looked sharper and far more prepared, all that time waiting to see who the next manager was has clearly not helped. 

Not too worried though, feel with us keeping most of the squad it shouldnt take long before they click. 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I don't think you'd made a change before our 1st. I thought the 4 man sub happened after our 2nd as well but not as sure on that.

Yeah i was talking about the pre season games from last season.

Just saw the goals on Skysports news, the equaliser makes Kelly look suspect, could've came and punched it clear but stopped short to catch the ball and got chipped by Dykes getting his foot on it as Kelly was standing looking on. I think we're going to really miss Alexander this season.

Lovely ball played through to Cadden for our first goal though, Cadden looks like he's going to be a big player for us this season too, easy money for him scoring against Airdrie on Saturday.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Agreed on a Cadden goal vs. Airdrie.

I wonder whether they have another closed door friendly lined up next week. I'm a bit surprised we're going into the league cup with only 2 games played (with a lot of the squad seemingly yet to feature).

12 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I wonder whether they have another closed door friendly lined up next week. I'm a bit surprised we're going into the league cup with only 2 games played (with a lot of the squad seemingly yet to feature).

You used 21 players last night though granted that included two trialists! How many more squad members are there?