Livingston - all the threads merged

17 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I was wondering that when I saw it on the record. 

Good start for him if he doesn't know the loan rules :lol:

Surely he will know the rules, I don’t think anything was said about loaning from rangers. Maybe buy 1/2 like we did with Kelly. 

46 minutes ago, LiviLion00 said:

Surely he will know the rules, I don’t think anything was said about loaning from rangers. Maybe buy 1/2 like we did with Kelly. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kenny-miller-vows-continue-rangers-12828429

Screenshot_20180701-181956_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8ee57292c85a97fbd0e032b77ecf98a0.jpg

Screenshot_20180701-182134_Chrome.thumb.jpg.07776074f3d339db7dc8451d826172ba.jpg

Obviously could me making the assumption he'll be here for a while and is talking about future seasons.

Edited by LiviLion

Are development loans not considered a different style of loan?
That was my thought. I'm also assuming he's talking about future loans from Rangers as he's planning on staying around for a while...got ambition

44 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Are development loans not considered a different style of loan?

I always forget about development loans. Not sure what the rule is on them, pretty sure we actually had the same discussion last season on this thread :lol:

Wasn't hard to find again, SD pointing it out it to us last season. So that'll be us allowed 1 more from Rangers then. 

On 17/01/2018 at 13:59, Skyline Drifter said:

If you dont share a division then 2 std or emergency loans + 1 Development from one club. If you do share a division then only 1 std or emergency + 1 development.

We have had two on loan from St Johnstone all season up to this week (1 std, 1 dev).

You win this round, Kenny. 

28 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Wasn't hard to find again, SD pointing it out it to us last season. So that'll be us allowed 1 more from Rangers then. 

Not sure what the debate is here andhavent time to read the thread now but those loan rules are out of date. All changed this summer. No such thing as Development Loans now albeit the new standard loan has the same conditions without age restrictions.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not sure what the debate is here andhavent time to read the thread now but those loan rules are out of date. All changed this summer. No such thing as Development Loans now albeit the new standard loan has the same conditions without age restrictions.

Livingstons fans are wondering if they can get more loan players from Rangers this season. 

Already have Ryan Hardie. 

36 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Even if it was still those rules, it's not applicable, because you share a league with Rangers. 

30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Miller commented about possibly looking to Rangers for loans, despite us already having Hardie, someone pointed out development loans, I went back to find your post from last season and here we are.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Even if it was still those rules, it's not applicable, because you share a league with Rangers. 

SD's post that I quoted said you'd still get 1 development loan if you share a division, only difference being only allowed 1 standard/emergency loan rather than 2. f**k knows what the new rules are though, don't care enough/can't be arsed to check anymore either tbh.

Just now, LiviLion said:

Miller commented about possibly looking to Rangers for loans, despite us already having Hardie, someone pointed out development loans, I went back to find your post from last season and here we are.

SD's post that I quoted said you'd still get 1 development loan if you share a division, only difference being only allowed 1 standard/emergency loan rather than 2. f**k knows what the new rules are though, don't care enough/can't be arsed to check anymore either tbh.

Aye, but I dont think top flight clubs could have development loans, same as how they couldn't get emergency loans when they were in effect. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, but I dont think top flight clubs could have development loans, same as how they couldn't get emergency loans when they were in effect. 

Fair enough, never managed to understand development loans so if they've been scrapped then it's one less thing to get myself confused about.

27 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Are you all happy with having Miller as a manager? Without his experience?

No here to be inflammatory just curious.

I personally wasn't chuffed with McCanns announcement when he became Dundees manager.

Will need to wait and see really, Hopkin had no experience and we were all against him getting it but that turned out fine. Generally I think the set up we have means we should be fine as long as he keeps the team spirit up, doesn't try to change too much too fast and ends up doing well at working with what he has - just like Hopkin did.

Edited by LiviLion

Will need to wait and see really, Hopkin had no experience and we were all against him getting it but that turned out fine. Generally I think the set up we have means we should be fine as long as he keeps the team spirit up, doesn't try to change too much too fast and ends up doing well at working with what he has - just like Hopkin did.
I think it's a little unfair to say Hopkin had no experience. He was caretaker manager at Morton for a couple of games I'm sure?
Also he worked with Burchill for over a year. In fairness he inherited the worst Livi squad ever from Burchill but Hopkin definately had experience.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

I personally wasn't chuffed with McCanns announcement when he became Dundees manager.

Tricky one, wasn't wanting a manager coming in and messing around with the team making them play a different style of football that got us promoted, been there with Hughes and he fecked us right up. An experienced manager may have done that and not been willing to compromise on how he did things, Miller shouldn't be like that as he has not managed a team before.

Swings and roundabouts really so just have to see how it goes. We all wanted Hoppy punted after he took over from Burchill and look what happened, and he was a rookie manager too. Not sure how the playing side will work out with him trying to manage too though, probably gives Martindale more of a sway on match days which may not be a bad thing. As long as Miller gets hooked if he's having a stinker and realizes the team comes first.

6 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

I think it's a little unfair to say Hopkin had no experience. He was caretaker manager at Morton for a couple of games I'm sure?
Also he worked with Burchill for over a year. In fairness he inherited the worst Livi squad ever from Burchill but Hopkin definately had experience.

Aye but he was fecked by us having a transfer embargo during pre season and by the time it was lifted all his signing targets were gone, he was left with 2nd and 3rd choice players. Iirc it only got lifted 2 weeks before the season started. 

15 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Tricky one, wasn't wanting a manager coming in and messing around with the team making them play a different style of football that got us promoted, been there with Hughes and he fecked us right up. An experienced manager may have done that and not been willing to compromise on how he did things, Miller shouldn't be like that as he has not managed a team before.

Swings and roundabouts really so just have to see how it goes. We all wanted Hoppy punted after he took over from Burchill and look what happened, and he was a rookie manager too. Not sure how the playing side will work out with him trying to manage too though, probably gives Martindale more of a sway on match days which may not be a bad thing. As long as Miller gets hooked if he's having a stinker and realizes the team comes first.

That's true about the team coming first and I think he took the role more for the management position rather than playing. I think it just helped sweeten the deal.

About the play style I think he won't try to rock the boat because it is his first time out.

McCann rocked and tipped the whole thing over with his play from the back style but that was bravado and punditry.

All in all I'm interested to see what Miller can do.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Miller might be a rookie but they have kept their back room staff and most of the squad from last season , i think Livi will surprise a few folk.