Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Bigbairn72 said:

So millers no been offered the job and stalling??? Holts no spoke to the board and wants the job even though millers first choice?

They've both been interviewed, what was said to them after that is hearsay and paper talk. 

One thing i'm confident of though is it'll be sorted out and we'll be ready to go and in good shape when the season kicks off. Signings have been good, a few more are being targeted still too, preparations are going well with pre season training, no need to be getting bent out of shape worrying on who we're getting as a manager.

My biggest concern when Hoppy left was it  affecting our team and how we play, and from what I've read from Ward and Martindale, that isn't going to happen. Us signing up the likes of Halkett, Byrne and Hardie shows things are going as good as anyone could have hoped.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye Holt fits in with our signing up Falkirk gadgies and taking them to the top tier ethos. Miller had 2 goes failing miserably with Falkirk in the play offs, and went up first go with Livi, and Sibbald jumped at the chance of signing up as a Livi player after years stagnating at Falkirk.

See the source image

2 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

My word, your even biting at things that aren't bites.. 

Was making the point that Holt was a far better appointment than Miller would be. 

See the source image

1 hour ago, LiviLion00 said:

Good question, would be good to hear from someone who has as it’s quite interesting 

I bought some - I got a detailed breakdown of the finance of the last financial year. It was interesting. We broke even last year. Imagine that we will more than break even this year given our promotion but it won't be by loads. I get invited to the AGM each year as well - not been one yet though.

Very happy that this is finally going to be resolved at last, it’s been a long time coming.

Playing wise it is a great coup by the club, yes he’s 38 but he may very well be the difference between us staying up or going down. 

Coaching, well it’s yet to be seen how he gets on, he’s played under some top managers in his career, he’s played at the highest level, he should have some experience under his belt. 

With DM and the rest of the backroom staff doing most of the work anyway this may well be a shrewd move by the club. 

He will get my 100% backing, now looking forward to the season starting, we are massive underdogs but it may well be another season to remember.