Livingston - all the threads merged

59 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Who exactly are the SW IDS partnership who own most of the shares in Livingston 5 Ltd?

It's David Martindale's money laundering business.

Or it's John Ward's considering it was registered at the same time he took over, but I'm sure you've already made your mind up.

Getting slightly concerned about the manager situation - we keep pushing back the deadline and clearly K Miller doesn't really want it or he would have said yes already. Long it goes on the more disruptive its going to be when one does come in. If Miller says no on Wednesday now, then what? Holt? If he doesn't want it then we are in real trouble (or just give it to Martindale anyway)!

3 minutes ago, Steven Mill Out said:

So is that Livi back to being a shambles after an impressive two seasons?

Will need to wait and see - player wise I don't realistically think it could have gone much better. Manager wise - don't think its been handled that well...

4 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Will need to wait and see - player wise I don't realistically think it could have gone much better. Manager wise - don't think its been handled that well...

If we were waiting on a manager to get our squad signed up then i'd be worried, we aren't though so not really bothered. Will have to see what the new manager's role actually is, how much input he'll have etc, from what I've read though I can't see him making any changes to how we successfully won promotion last season, and if that has made us take this amount of time to get the right guy in then fine. Last thing we wanted was a guy with his own ideas wanting to change how we play and feck everything up (John Hughes type of signing).

52 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If we were waiting on a manager to get our squad signed up then i'd be worried, we aren't though so not really bothered. Will have to see what the new manager's role actually is, how much input he'll have etc, from what I've read though I can't see him making any changes to how we successfully won promotion last season, and if that has made us take this amount of time to get the right guy in then fine. Last thing we wanted was a guy with his own ideas wanting to change how we play and feck everything up (John Hughes type of signing).

Thats my concern - surely every manager wants to come in an put his stamp on things and the sooner that happens the better. If he doesn't then whats the point in having him... just give it to martindale

12 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Thats my concern - surely every manager wants to come in an put his stamp on things and the sooner that happens the better. If he doesn't then whats the point in having him... just give it to martindale

You want a new manager coming in and putting his stamp on things and changing how we play?

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You want a new manager coming in and putting his stamp on things and changing how we play?

Na - I think we need to stick to what we know but what manager is going to come in and just go 'aye, on you go lads seem to be doing alright without me'... he's gonna change something.

Just now, Mpire said:

Na - I think we need to stick to what we know but what manager is going to come in and just go 'aye, on you go lads seem to be doing alright without me'... he's gonna change something.

Maybe that's why we have taken as long to appoint a manager, others applying would've done what you're saying. John Ward said the manager would have to fit in to our footballing philosophy, not the other way around.

I don't think you can  fully commit to managing and playing, one of those has to suffer for the other, if Miller wants to play then Martindale is going to be more involved on the touchline, which would prob suit both of them.

Whatever the dynamic is going to be, i'm sure it will be discussed before the appointment.

Kenny Miller either wants it or he doesn’t. Given he already seems to have a propensity for being a wee shit in the dressing room, I’m really struggling to see how his apparent ego is compatible with our collective mentality of having a strong bond as a squad.

My fear now is that Gary Holt tells us to do one. Then what? Gavin Skelton or Gregg Ryder? Not exactly inspiring confidence tbf.

Was about to come on and say similar. Would hope we've still been talking to Holt and all the carry on with Miller we could tell him to do one. Think it's more likely to be like what Afro says above; talks break down between ourselves and Miller, likely over wage; Holt no longer interested; we get Jim Duffy and are relegated by Christmas. 

4 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Heard Stevie Lawless  was training with you guys.

That would be a great addition IMO.  Plenty of top flight experience, fairly proven but still relatively young.  Also, in a position that we still need to address. 

13 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Heard Stevie Lawless  was training with you guys.

great addition if true...looked one of the better players in the playoff final.

5 hours ago, Mpire said:

Getting slightly concerned about the manager situation - we keep pushing back the deadline and clearly K Miller doesn't really want it or he would have said yes already. Long it goes on the more disruptive its going to be when one does come in. If Miller says no on Wednesday now, then what? Holt? If he doesn't want it then we are in real trouble (or just give it to Martindale anyway)!

The club have said they weren't interviewing until Martindale was back from holiday which was only last week. Then sift through the candidates to find the suitable one and begin talks. There was talk last week that the rubber stamp would be put on things today with a view to announcing by Thursday.

On 6/25/2018 at 12:44, andylivi1 said:

I understand what you are saying, and not for one second would I expect Morton to make it easy for us, but a realistic fee would be a start....We got Sibbald for 50k, he played over 200 games at first team level, I’m told Morton want 6 figures for Quitongo. 

We have already been offered 6 figures from Doncaster and rejected