Livingston - all the threads merged

Hartson ruled out now. As I said previously, I hope this doesn’t sour his relationship with the club as I believe he is a real asset as a coach.

Realistically now it’ll be Ryder or Duffy, would be surprised if it was someone out with the names banded about previously.

Just now, Afro said:

Hartson ruled out now. As I said previously, I hope this doesn’t sour his relationship with the club as I believe he is a real asset as a coach.

Realistically now it’ll be Ryder or Duffy, would be surprised if it was someone out with the names banded about previously.

Looks like it, seem to be ruling out rookies, and are going for someone with a bit of experience.

I see Big Shags White has signed for ICT, good signing, big awkward player for defenders to handle, and will score a decent amount of goals for them.

We've signed Jordan White - any good? 
Haven't seen him play in a few years. He was one of those players that always looked pretty ropey but scored a lot of goals. He's big and looks like a target man but that isn't how he plays. I hope he does well for you as he always gave his best at Livi.

1 hour ago, Daniel ICTFC said:

We've signed Jordan White - any good? 

Good signing, nimble on his feet for a big guy, and puts lots of pressure on keepers at set pieces too. Kinda split the fans with some of the sitters he missed but still scored a lot of goals and always gets in amongst the action giving it his all.

Expect Falkirk fans telling you how shite he is, but just ignore them, just because he didn't do well for them when he was a youngster they wrote him off, he'll do well enough to get into double figures with his goals.

Happy with that. Hopefully as backup to Alexander initially.

"Martindale remains busy in the quest to retain more players. “We are talking to all players involved in last season’s campaign and will hopefully have further announcements over the next 7-10 days on that front.” 

Fingers crossed for some more good news to come. Chances of Halkett and Hardie signing have probably increased as a result of the Kelly transfer.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Happy with that. Hopefully as backup to Alexander initially.
"Martindale remains busy in the quest to retain more players. “We are talking to all players involved in last season’s campaign and will hopefully have further announcements over the next 7-10 days on that front.” 
Fingers crossed for some more good news to come. Chances of Halkett and Hardie signing have probably increased as a result of the Kelly transfer.
More signing news tomorrow apparently!
I'd likely say Cadden.
Is it likely also we are expecting the news of the release of Mackin? No chance is he ready for Prem football.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

41 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

More signing news tomorrow apparently!
I'd likely say Cadden.
Is it likely also we are expecting the news of the release of Mackin? No chance is he ready for Prem football.

Not sure Cadden is ready or even suitable for premiership football actually.

I believe Mackin has another year on his contract plus last season quite often we weren't even able to fill a subs bench so why pay him off early?

Cadden's confidence dropped after his injury and his form was affected too, seemed to pick up a good deal after Hoppy told him to just go out and express himself in the Falkirk away game, had his best performance of the season.  

Mackin is a different situation, he just doesn't fit into out system. Best way I can put it is the 3rd goal against Utd in the play offs, Byrne chases down the ball forcing it back through pressing play and sets up Pittman to go on and score, Mackin just doesn't have that in him, and ends up being a passenger. Yes he can score goals but we are a team of hard working players that help one another out and Mackin just hasn't the energy and work rate to do that.

Not sure Cadden is ready or even suitable for premiership football actually.
I believe Mackin has another year on his contract plus last season quite often we weren't even able to fill a subs bench so why pay him off early?
Some times we couldn't fill a subs bench because Maley was working overtime.
Mackin is a league 1 footballer at best at this current moment. His work rate is non existent. His pace is slower than a sloth taking a shite.
If we signed Kenny Miller as a player, he'd be a better option that Mackin.
Cadden would be a decent backup from the bench. He at least has skill and pace. Can't really shoot worth a f**k as always goes for the spectacular but I'd like to see him stick around if not for a little while longer.

More signing news today apparently and it'll be interesting to see who that could be. It won't be a manager we know that already.

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Think the announcement today will be Callum Crane. Had a dream it was Hardie and had to change my sheets.

The OS has been updated with our new signings included, and all our on loan players are now back in as normal too, so quite telling that we still have Thompson, Frizzell and Hardie up on it.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The OS has been updated with our new signings included, and all our on loan players are now back in as normal too, so quite telling that we still have Thompson, Frizzell and Hardie up on it.

Transfer window doesn't officially open until today so they are still on loan with us, or were depending on the exact time the window opened. Wouldn't be too surprised to see us in for Thompson considering he's left Rangers; Hardie will have plenty of options but I'm hoping by some miracle he signs for us; not sure what Frizzell's situation is, can't see Kilmarnock releasing him and doubt they'd be too keen to loan him out to us considering the little game time he got in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Transfer window doesn't officially open until today so they are still on loan with us, or were depending on the exact time the window opened. Wouldn't be too surprised to see us in for Thompson considering he's left Rangers; Hardie will have plenty of options but I'm hoping by some miracle he signs for us; not sure what Frizzell's situation is, can't see Kilmarnock releasing him and doubt they'd be too keen to loan him out to us considering the little game time he got in the Championship.

Maybe but all our players that went on loan aren't marked down as still being so, anyway just allow me to cling onto my theory a while longer ffs. :lol: