Livingston - all the threads merged

20 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Premiership forum. We are Livingston. And we are here to relegate Dundee. Again.
You're welcome.

11 hours ago, Afro said:

Mental to think that this thread has now traversed all four forums of the SPFL on this site.

A shame we did it with a mere sliver of the laughs that Rangers did it with.

Boom.  Livi fans hitting the ground running here.  Welcome aboard lads.

Livingston hope to speak to former Kilmarnock boss Lee McCulloch about replacing Hopkin. (Scottish Sun)  Surely they ain't that silly.

Hopefully its just a media pal trying to get his name out there

There are far better candidates out there, plus we still need to hear Zidane publicly distance himself from the job [emoji12]

4 minutes ago, B0baFatt said:

Hopefully its just a media pal trying to get his name out there

There are far better candidates out there, plus we still need to hear Zidane publicly distance himself from the job emoji12.png

Hope so for your sakes. 

Just now, ATLIS said:

Gregg Ryder's agents (etc) have been in contact with the club and registered an interest - down to the club now to make the move and talk about it

Hartson is def interested too.  www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/celtic/16268995.John_Hartson_confirms_he_wants_the_Livingston_job/

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Hartson's interested? Unless an outstanding other candidate comes in, it's probably his. I'd be delighted with that.
Tbh the only other one that interests me is Gregg Ryder but he's an unknown in this area

Yeah, the Ryder hype is odd. Looks like a decent candidate to me, and I wouldn't be unhappy with him coming in, but I don't think he's of Hartson's pedigree. Reminds me of the Deila hype a little bit. 

Also with the squad working so much greater than the sum of its parts, then continuity is vital in my mind. Giving the job to JH, or even Lee Millar if he's interested, would be preferable to pulling in one of the scottish football manager carousel.

That said, Ryder doesn't look like a bad candidate at all, and I'd gladly take him on. We've got a decent list of candidates currently, I'm impressed with the way the board have handled this.

19 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Yeah, the Ryder hype is odd. Looks like a decent candidate to me, and I wouldn't be unhappy with him coming in, but I don't think he's of Hartson's pedigree. Reminds me of the Deila hype a little bit. 

Also with the squad working so much greater than the sum of its parts, then continuity is vital in my mind. Giving the job to JH, or even Lee Millar if he's interested, would be preferable to pulling in one of the scottish football manager carousel.

That said, Ryder doesn't look like a bad candidate at all, and I'd gladly take him on. We've got a decent list of candidates currently, I'm impressed with the way the board have handled this.

I was a bit mystified about the Ryder hype; as far as I can see he's done moderately well in  a country with less than half the population of Edinburgh which  has 76 clubs in four divisions and his last team is sitting third in the second tier. 

Seriously he may end up being great but I'm not sure his current pedigree would indicate anything more than a mid table 1st division side.

My only fear regarding Hartson is that if he doesn’t get the job, I hope he isn’t put off and continues to coach here. Seems to be a very steady influence on the dressing room and could prove massive this season.