Livingston - all the threads merged

It would be a big step up going to Paisley. Do you think he’s up to it?

You’re about as obvious as LiviLion saying he’d have Houston in the mix for our manager’s job.

Next.

4 hours ago, Snooky said:

Can not believe Houston is getting mentioned! He was hopeless at Falkirk and did nothing but deride this Livi team!

Wouldnt say Houston was hopeless. He got us to a Scottish Cup Final, Playoff final, Semi finals. All when u had the likes of Sevco, Hearts n Hibs in the championship. Granted his last season was a disaster before the Don was brought in to save us. Houstons signing policy was iffy tho but you could argue we were victims of our own success in we lost our best players and were unable to replace them. Or rather the board didnt want to at least try.  You could do worse just dont expect the football to be anything other than turgid fayre. 

10 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Wouldnt say Houston was hopeless. He got us to a Scottish Cup Final, Playoff final, Semi finals. All when u had the likes of Sevco, Hearts n Hibs in the championship. Granted his last season was a disaster before the Don was brought in to save us. Houstons signing policy was iffy tho but you could argue we were victims of our own success in we lost our best players and were unable to replace them. Or rather the board didnt want to at least try.  You could do worse just dont expect the football to be anything other than turgid fayre. 

I was really thinking of his final year to be fair. I have lots of friends who are Falkirk fans and they were delighted to be shot of him when he got the boot!

With Shrewsbury losing their manager as of this morning...

http://www.thesackrace.com/teams/shrewsbury-town

That's a good gig for Big Davie H; clear favourite aswell.  I imagine he will take Byrne and Halkett with him.

Hopefully we can get Lampard in. **I've also got badges up to level 3 and will be willing to take this project on.

Edited by Eugene Dadi's Resurrection

From the interview on the BBC with the Shrewsbury chairman suggests that Hopkin's agent approached Shrewsbury rather than the other way round. That ties in with what Callum Carson said about him having no offers from elsewhere.

Maybe trying to get a better deal from Livingston; possibly Hopkin wanting to leave. 

With Shrewsbury losing their manager as of this morning...

http://www.thesackrace.com/teams/shrewsbury-town

That's a good gig for Big Davie H; clear favourite aswell.  I imagine he will take Byrne and Halkett with him.
Hopefully we can get Lampard in. **I've also got badges up to level 3 and will be willing to take this project on.

I assume you've taken that from McBookie? He's not even in the running on oddschecker.

McBookie is good for having a lot of Scottish football bets but I wouldn't read too much into their odds. They had Gary Locke as Evens to take our position for ages a while back, they had Hopkin odds on favourite for both the Morton and the Carlisle job (not sure how that works) and when we were last on the manager hunt I posted on PnB that I was surprised the then Annan boss Jim Chapman wasn't on the list and the day after he was listed at 16/1 [emoji38]

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

From the interview on the BBC with the Shrewsbury chairman suggests that Hopkin's agent approached Shrewsbury rather than the other way round. That ties in with what Callum Carson said about him having no offers from elsewhere.

Maybe trying to get a better deal from Livingston; possibly Hopkin wanting to leave. 

Had a wee look at a few interviews with Brian Caldwell, I think there is mention of an agent calling him, but I think that agent was Paul Hursts about the interest from Ipswich Town. Didn't notice the specifics of a call from David Hopkins agent. Hope I picked that up right,

For all the talk of Hopkin's integrity, I find his (or his agents) courting of other clubs rather tedious and contradictory especially if it's them that are initiating it. He's potentially going to leave the club in one hell of a lurch; for a perfect example, just look at Hull when Bruce walked out after their promotion to the Premier.

Hopkin's insistence that he'll only sign one-year contracts to protect clubs from costly pay-offs is poorly disguised self-serving nonsense; wherever he goes next, I'll bet my bottom dollar that it won't be on a one-year deal. 

It seems that he's waiting for things to develop elsewhere and if no offer is forthcoming then maybe he'll stay. The Bradford job looks like the most likely one to attract him - former player, big club, potential for promotion next season.

Maybe it would be for the best if he left now - the way his agent is allegedly punting him around, he's going to be linked with every and any job that comes up in the English lower leagues which will hardly be conducive to any kind of stability. 

I don't think Mullin's departure is a harbinger of an exodus but Halkett and Byrne will both have offers on the table from other clubs just now, likely offering well in excess of what Livi can pay; the longer this drags on, the itchier their feet are going to get and they would be difficult players to replace.

What I would say is that Livi fans should take solace that their club is being run efficiently - it would be the easiest thing in the world to promise Hopkin an unviable budget to entice him to stay and it doesn't look like they've done that.

What I would say is that Livi fans should take solace that their club is being run efficiently - it would be the easiest thing in the world to promise Hopkin an unviable budget to entice him to stay and it doesn't look like they've done that.

I can’t speak for other Livingston fans, but this is the vital bit for me. Worst case scenario, we drop down next season (as expected), but I imagine we’ll make a fair wedge next season regardless. If that can go towards alleviating the debt, help maintain the stadium and pay for our new artificial surface it’ll have been a successful year IMO.

Worth noting that Hopkin didn’t re-sign ‘til July of last year, the only difference now is that he’s in demand.

38 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I heard John Ward got a drunken text message from Hoppy on his hols saying I luv Livi man, fuckit John i'm staying.

Strong rumours he created a group chat and added Shaun Byrne and Craig Halkett who both said the same. 

Craig Sibbald heavily linked with us, could be a great signing. 
Potential to be great. If he works hard.
Tended to fade away during games when things weren't going his way. Little bit like Hippo.
Would suit a crack at the Prem though.

4 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Potential to be great. If he works hard.
Tended to fade away during games when things weren't going his way. Little bit like Hippo.
Would suit a crack at the Prem though.

Where are these rumors coming from?