Livingston - all the threads merged

Mullin is not a huge loss for us.
His statement on Twitter indicates that he was pushing for the move so if he doesn't want to be at Livi he can f**k off as far as I'm concerned.

There’s no doubt our chances in the play-offs would have been greatly diminished had he not turned up. Case in point being his performance away to United and his cameo at home to Partick. As you say though, he was angling for a move so I can’t say I’m heartbroken like I’d be if Byrne or Halkett were to have moved.

Got this bad feeling Hopkin's gone and with that so will most of the players. Surely if Hopkin was going to stay he would have done by now.

Just now, AMC13 said:

Got this bad feeling Hopkin's gone and with that so will most of the players. Surely if Hopkin was going to stay he would have done by now.

Most of the ones we want to keep are already staying, Just Halkett and Byrne that's not yet committed themselves, can see both of them leaving if Hoppy goes though. I think Rafa and Miller are both going to be here next season too, only other player i'm really all that bothered about is Robinson, he chipped in with a decent amount of goals and assists.

There’s no doubt our chances in the play-offs would have been greatly diminished had he not turned up. Case in point being his performance away to United and his cameo at home to Partick. As you say though, he was angling for a move so I can’t say I’m heartbroken like I’d be if Byrne or Halkett were to have moved.
Might struggle to get motivated at Ross county with the lack of televised games ????[emoji23]????

It’s alright, Davie Martindale was described as a “future Livingston FC manager” by the compere at the PoTY doo, if we can keep him I’m sure we’ll be fine.

IMG_1527518386.742451.jpg

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

So tomorrow is the day we will find out what’s happening, I’m beginning to lose hope he’s staying. 

Atleast we will know one way or another. 

If he stays now it might get a bit weird as well knowing he wanted away

As much as I really want Hoppy to stay its getting to ‘make your mind up’ territory and we definitely need to sort out the uncertainty surrounding the management situation and need him to confirm he wants to stay with us or wishes to be considered for other vacancies

We cannot let this linger in much longer as if we lose him, we will need to go thru a recruitment process which eats into the summer and may also result players taking offers given elsewhere rather than keep waiting on the delivery of promises from us

13 minutes ago, B0baFatt said:

As much as I really want Hoppy to stay its getting to ‘make your mind up’ territory and we definitely need to sort out the uncertainty surrounding the management situation and need him to confirm he wants to stay with us or wishes to be considered for other vacancies

We cannot let this linger in much longer as if we lose him, we will need to go thru a recruitment process which eats into the summer and may also result players taking offers given elsewhere rather than keep waiting on the delivery of promises from us

I would hope that the club have been doing their homework on a plan B should hoppy walk! 

Lets hope its sorted today and we charge forward or else we’ll be well behind the curve going into next season

Edited by Livi

If feel he should stay,at least for one more season.

He should enjoy the fact of leading this team back into the premiership after a 12 year absence

If we manage to stay up then superb for both parties,for LFC and hoppy.

His stock will hav risen again,then fair play to him and he can then move on full in the knowledge he has probably took us as far as he can.

46 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

If feel he should stay,at least for one more season.

He should enjoy the fact of leading this team back into the premiership after a 12 year absence

We felt the same about Jack Ross, but unfortunately football management is a fickle game, and managing to take you guys up with back to back promotions and on a shoe-string budget means he's now on the radar for every managerial merry-go-round between now and the start of the season.

I for one hope he does come out publicly and stay with you, at least then it'll end the rumours that he's on our shortlist. Much as though he's proved to be a shrewd operator, his style of play isn't what we're looking for just now.

Slightly dismayed to read that Hopkin may not stay at Livi. I get that he'll have offers elsewhere, but it just seems hugely unfair that you guys would fight so hard to get up to the Prem, only for the manager and a huge chunk of the playing staff to leave. 

Is it simply the case that the club didn't budget for the Premier division (f**k naming it "the premiership" by the way) and don't want to risk another plunge into admin by paying premier wages?

36 minutes ago, velo army said:

Is it simply the case that the club didn't budget for the Premier division (f**k naming it "the premiership" by the way) and don't want to risk another plunge into admin by paying premier wages?

Pretty sure we didn't even plan to get out of the group stages of the Betfred Cup never mind win promotion to the top flight. 

Hopefully it is all sorted one way or the other today. Shrewsbury now looking at him too. We need to start thinking about next season, and as much as I want Hoppy to stay I hope the board have been thinking about who they would want in case he does leave so they can bring them in quickly. 

It’s all starting to become a bit of a nonsense now, I get we want him to stay, I’m desperate for him to stay but how long are we going to wait ? 

We've already lost Josh Mullin, we have a few others that can’t wait forever on a new contract and will want to sort themselves out sooner rather than later. 

Meanwhile Hoppy’s away on holiday to have a think about it all. 

Really isn’t great and if we are underdogs in the top flight now we will be even more so if this isn’t sorted very very soon. 

We are going to get stung here. Can guarantee he’ll move on and the realistic targets to replace him will have been snapped up by then. I imagine a good load of the out of contract players will be looking elsewhere if that’s the case.

It’s all set up nicely for us to end up with Jim fucking Duffy.

To put a better spin on it. Whatever budget the club has offered has had Hoppy wanting to think about it. I was worried the offer would be nowhere near good enough, and still may not be. He has had a few interested parties/ offers and whilst I for one, like may other Livi fans would have preferred this was put to bed in today or tomorrow, it is now not going to be.

Yes, we have lost Josh Mullin, but from what I am hearing it sounded as if he wanted to leave anyway, as far back as January,  so we may have lost him anyway.

Highly doubt we will wait another week or so for his decision which might be a No. Hoppy not really helping himself here. Gives him less time to talk to current squad ( at either Livvy or Morton)  who will be itching to know what is happening and less time to speak to new players to start building a  squad.

He has had almost 10 days now since the playoff win to decide, why does he need another week?  

Been told he has gave Morton a number of deadlines to decide his future and twice the deadline passed. I doubt we will give it another chance.

Fully expect McKinnon to be announced any day now which will no doubt help your cause too...

Saints have had similar in terms of timescales and squads. We’ve never had the issue with the manager, but the last few seasons in Europe you’re pushed into trying to get all your signings and players signed up in a very short space of time. That’s what’s going to happen to Livi here and whilst it may work, chances are the prime targets have gone elsewhere and you’re left scrapping the barrel, for what could be both players and manager.

I really hope that’s not the case, as whilst I don’t think you’ll stay up next season, I’d much rather see you have a proper fighting chance and if you can get yourselves sorted quickly there’s every chance of sending the likes of Hamilton down instead. Believe me, I’d much rather Livi stayed up than any of the west coast teams. Then again being from the east maybe I’m biased cause it’s an easy game to get to.

So I’ll leave you all be now, but that’s my tuppence worth. Hope it all works out for you.