Livingston - all the threads merged

I'd like to see Jack Hamilton go out on loan to a Championship side next season and come back to us in January to get some first team games, his style of play looks very much like Ryan Hardies and has the same composure in front of goals too, just needs a bit of football out on loan at a decent level first though to bring him on a bit further before getting into our first team. Certainly seems to be progressing nicely though with his 2 loan spells last season, scoring plenty goals. 

I'd take Penrice back on loan again if Partick aren't going to be playing him, hopefully get Hardie on loan too if Sevco extend his deal, or even better sign him up if they release him. Right now though getting Hoppy signed back up would be a good place to start, I think most of our players would stick with us if that happened, and would be one less thing we'd  have to bother about in preparation for next season.

I know it’s been spoke about but with Hoppy uncertainty we are running the risk of losing our main player imo. Halkett will have had offers. Byrne will have had offers , Mullin hasn’t signed I don’t think. Longridge hasn’t signed. If Hoppy goes and Halkett and Byrne that will be a massive loss for the club. Hopefully things get sorted asap

13 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Really? Average home support is under 1000. Punching way above your weight

You have misunderstood. He was implying that if Hopkin moves it'll be to a club who are bigger than Morton. There was no intended comparison between them and us. 

We are punching above our weight but reckon we'll see a decent increase in attendances next season.  Looking forward to fighting it out with you in the lower half of the table!

51 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Really? Average home support is under 1000. Punching way above your weight

It'll be higher next season, and our attendances will most likely be higher than Morton's with teams like Celtic, Sevco, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee visiting to swell our gates, prize money will be treble what Morton will get and we're playing in a higher league, so would you  figure Morton as a more attractive proposition next season?

23 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It'll be higher next season, and our attendances will most likely be higher than Morton's with teams like Celtic, Sevco, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee visiting to swell our gates, prize money will be treble what Morton will get and we're playing in a higher league, so would you  figure Morton as a more attractive proposition next season?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

In case you don't get that one, I'm implying that you're also, to some extent, "punching above your weight" by being in the SPL. 

Hahaha. St Mirren are a top league side by any measure. Livingston have tried to find a niche in West Lothian, with little enthusiasm from the locals. Remind me again, how many times have you been in administration while chasing the dream?

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just because you will get bigger gates and more gate money, doesn't mean its more attractive to Hopkin. All he will care about is competing. If he feels he can, he will no doubt stay, if he feels its mission impossible and will get pumped most weeks, he will prob come to us where he has a chance of repeating what he did this season!

13 minutes ago, madton said:

Just because you will get bigger gates and more gate money, doesn't mean its more attractive to Hopkin. All he will care about is competing. If he feels he can, he will no doubt stay, if he feels its mission impossible and will get pumped most weeks, he will prob come to us where he has a chance of repeating what he did this season!

Would be an absolutely shocking lack of ambition if he does go though - let's be serious

Would be an absolutely shocking lack of ambition if he does go though - let's be serious

Why? Livingston have done brilliantly to get back to back promotions. However, their best players are earning much less than any other team in the top league and indeed most Championships sides. They will lose their better players and will struggle to compete for signings with Falkirk, Dunfermline, ICT etc. I am sure he realises that he had taken them as far as it is possible to go.
The only way you can compete next season would be to go down the route that led to admin before. The other time you were in the top league you spent money like Rangers deceased and look what happened. Hopkin will leave on a high, his reputation intact.

I hate to say it but this would certainly be a sensible time for him to move. The only way his stock would rise would be if  he miraculously got Livi into the top six next season.

However he might want to take that gamble and see if he could do it again.  Nobody has any real expectations of  Livi next year so there would be minimum pressure to do any more than survive. Hoppy is his own man so guessing what he'll do is not easy. I'd dearly love him to sign a deal though.

Just now, madton said:

Should also bring a bigger budget though, Hoppy isn't daft, he knows he wont get a huge budget but should be one he can compete with. He already said in a post match interview Livi wont burst the bank to stay up but we wont be pushovers.

Really can't see anything but an emotional tie to Morton making him want to go there, I could see the draw if we were both in the same league but not now.