Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, Grant228 said:

Absolutely delighted for Byrne, enjoy the Premiership and playing Fifa... 

Quite an emotional tweet from him after winning the final yesterday, he played on through a bad time last season and has been magnificent for us again this season, hope he signs up for another one in the Premiership.

It’s a bit difficult to single out specific players given the shift the entire squad have put in this season, but out of them all, it would be particularly pleasing to see the likes of Halkett, Byrne, De Vita and Jacobs play in the top flight with us given all they’ve been through with the club.

Byrne, especially, deserves the chance given the way he’s applied himself this year and what’s went on off the pitch for him. If it’s with us then I’ll be delighted, if not, then I wish him all the best.

Fans forums where the owners are offered a £2 coin for the club.

Defeat to Stranraer 8-6 on aggregate to consign us to relegation.

Countless performances from utter wasters.

Bearing witness to all of those things was as painful as it gets but trust me, this feeling more than makes up for it. All of it. I couldn't make it yesterday but I watched the game with my 13 yr old lad and my four year old daughter.  When we scored the goal me and the boy went daft, which led my wee girl to laugh and say "are you proud daddy?" To which I burst oot greeting.

And it feels like I've been greeting since.

A quite incredible achievement, carried out by a bunch of guys who are the finest players to have worn the Livi shirt. Each and every one of them are club legends.

A massive thanks to everyone who has offered their congratulations over the last few pages. The Championship is going to be an incredible league next season - hopefully your club, whoever they may be, make you as proud as my club has made me.   

Edited by mozam76

On 29/04/2018 at 14:14, EdinburghLivi said:

2. Jack McMillan - May 2019

4. Alan Lithgow - May 2020

8. Scott Pittman - May 2019

14. Keaghan Jacobs - May 2019

15. Dylan Mackin - May 2019

16. Matthew Knox - May 2019

18. Lee Miller - May 2019

23. Raffaele De Vita - May 2020

31. Declan Gallagher - May 2019

Hibs' Callum Crane (left-back, I think) has also signed a PCA with us for a 2 year deal. Been on loan at Alloa this season.

Out of contract - Alexander, Longridge, Buchanan, Byrne, Mullin, Cadden, Robinson, Maley, Halkett

End of Loan - Hardie, Frizzell, Thompson

Youths (unsure) - Henderson, Sampson, Ogilvie, Pettigrew, Hamilton

From what Hopkin said, we have offered deals to the majority of the squad.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

10 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Really weird question but is black now your primary colour? With yellow secondary to it?

Has been for the last two seasons but seems we're back to amber for next season

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Jordan Thompson apparently saying goodbye to Rangers on Twitter. Wouldn't mind seeing him back next season, I thought he was excellent in the play-offs.

Definitely - turned into a great player in the playoffs

Going to be honest, I've absolutely hated watching you throughout our games this season, but over the course of it you deserve nothing less than promotion.

Hope you manage to go up and make a decent name for yourselves or at the very least bring a couple of bodies back with you.

10 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Jordan Thompson apparently saying goodbye to Rangers on Twitter. Wouldn't mind seeing him back next season, I thought he was excellent in the play-offs.

Yep, for the first little while looked nothing more than a half decent back up but he really turned it on when we needed it.

Would be happy signing up just about everyone who's played for us this season tbh, Joe Thomson aside. 

10 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Think he was another one who played through a few knocks. Looks good with the ball at his feet and not afraid to play.

20 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Would be happy signing up just about everyone who's played for us this season tbh, Joe Thomson aside. 

And Steven Boyd. Nice enough lad by  all accounts but too greedy and not really positionally aware

Carlisle hope to snap up Livingston boss David Hopkin as their new manager within the next 48 hours. (Scottish Sun)

I know it’s the Sun and all, but I think there may be some traction behind this. Didn’t seem too committal about his future with us following Sunday, naturally, but he may be wanting a crack at it in England whilst his stock’s high.

Hope I’m proved wrong but there’s no smoke without fire etc.