Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Best of luck to him but can you understand that he's barely played for the club despite collecting half a seasons wage? I get that the injury is no fault of his own but the club is a business and as such has to be run that way, you'd be lucky to find a job that wouldn't be looking elsewhere had you been off for six months sick. I was disappointed he was let go, obviously wasn't given the chance due to injuries but he looked a cracking player every time I'd seen him and think we've really lost out on a good prospect but he's got a great chance to go build on his career at Airdrie where he'll feature more regularly than if he was here.

It's probably been a better break for both the club and him that it went this way, bad treatment or not

I would get paid up to a year off sick in my job but hey that’s a different story, thanks for the good wishes to Ross.  Good Luck to Livi tonight 

4 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I think you are venting your frustration at the wrong people the wrong way, it’s not the fans fault Ross was let go, and I don’t think it’s helping that you come on here and have a go at us.

I think nearly all Livi fans were disapointed he was let go and wasn’t given a chance but such is Football and as has been said it’s a business at the end of the day. 

I’m glad he found a club so quickly and I hope he does really well at airdrie and bounces back stronger. 

Yeah your probably right sorry & thanks for good wishes to Ross

Yeah Ross was voted PoTY at East Fife and I was looking forward to seeing him play for Livi and see what he could do. Unfortunately he picked up a couple of injuries which kept him from playing most of the season and just didn't get the chance to break into the team.

As mentioned by a couple of other posters, football has no sentiment and Hoppy had to release players to bring new ones in and Ross was one of the ones let go. He and Dale Carrick moved on to Airdrie and will hopefully stay injury free and have a good season there and do well. Best of luck to them both.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I would get paid up to a year off sick in my job but hey that’s a different story, thanks for the good wishes to Ross.  Good Luck to Livi tonight 

Changed your tune there missus.
"I hope to see Livi slip down the table now."
To - "Good luck to Livi tonight."

We never saw Ross play but from what I hear a decent player.
Good luck to him in his future career but it won't be at Livingston so I'd just let it go if I was you.

19 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Tbf we were in the cup tonight ;)

I'm disappointed that Dale Carrick's dad hasn't signed up yet. Absolutely disgusting from Livingston to release players to allow them to strengthen the team while allowing said players to get first team football elsewhere, the fucking cheek of it.

Tbf we were in the cup tonight [emoji6]

I'm disappointed that Dale Carrick's dad hasn't signed up yet. Absolutely disgusting from Livingston to release players to allow them to strengthen the team while allowing said players to get first team football elsewhere, the fucking cheek of it.

It's just horrendously wrong isn't it?
Who would have thought that about football?

33 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

We never saw Ross play but from what I hear a decent player.
Good luck to him in his future career but it won't be at Livingston so I'd just let it go if I was you.

Already have :-) but thanks

Edited by Debs2101

Alluded to it on the match thread, but I thought Josh Mullin’s attitude was stinking tonight. Either that, or he’s carrying an injury, in which case, he shouldn’t have played. I thought McMillan was mediocre, but Mullin seemed to open our right hand side right up, and it was no surprise the Falkirk goal originated from there. His attempts at closing down Longridge not once, but twice, in about 3 minutes were pathetic.

If his head is turned by transfer speculation then he either needs to get a grip or we should take the money. Unless everyone in our side is playing at 100%, we won’t win games. Nearly got away with it tonight, but carrying someone for 10/15 minutes in a match is only going to end in one way for us.

Alluded to it on the match thread, but I thought Josh Mullin’s attitude was stinking tonight. Either that, or he’s carrying an injury, in which case, he shouldn’t have played. I thought McMillan was mediocre, but Mullin seemed to open our right hand side right up, and it was no surprise the Falkirk goal originated from there. His attempts at closing down Longridge not once, but twice, in about 3 minutes were pathetic.

If his head is turned by transfer speculation then he either needs to get a grip or we should take the money. Unless everyone in our side is playing at 100%, we won’t win games. Nearly got away with it tonight, but carrying someone for 10/15 minutes in a match is only going to end in one way for us.

Agreed.

8 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

There's a wee bit press coverage this morning about BSLM potentially making his debut tonight, and it got me trying to think of other players that have played for both Livingston & Falkirk, and I'm not coming up with many... and funnily enough they're all forwards/wingers.    

Scott Crabbe, Marino Keith, Davie Hagen are the most recent by me, but that's going back a fair bit. The others I can think of are even longer ago - Stevie Logan, John Jobson... who else?    

Stevie Tosh, Rory Boulding.  Logan was Meadowbank he ripped us, signed was gash, went back to Meadowbank and ripped us again.  Paul Rutherford was another Meadowbank player that played for us. 

Don't know if it was because McMillan hadn't played in a while but he was very poor tonight. The goal came because our team wasn't tracking very well after Jackson made a mess of his attempt to win it and yes I agree Josh Mullin was almost certainly at fault allowing the other more annoying Longridge to pick out a pass to a free man at the back post. Don't even care about the loss on its own but devastated to miss the chance to play a Highland League side away and potentially get to a quarter final.

It is still tight but if we can get through next month and still be in the top 4 then we'd def be in with a great chance of a top 4. Falkirk, St Mirren, Dundee Utd & Morton are our next 4 games, that's a tough run. The way Utd are going though 2nd place is now there for us to aim at.

Now that Hoppy has said that’s January business is done. Do you no not think it’s tine to try and get our key players signed up for next season? Guys like Halkett , pittman , Byrne and maybe even Mullin if he wants to be here. There will be teams continuing to watch these guys