Livingston - all the threads merged

35 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Was he no with us training before he signed for Falkirk, don't think Hoppy was interested in signing him then so can't see him wanting him now.  Would rather we signed someone a bit more mobile and athletic.

I had it in my head he was on trial with us a while back...might be making it up though lol

I'm certain Miller was on trial with us; if we didn't have Mackin or Todorov I'd probably take him, or if we had several young strikers coming through who could learn from a player like him. Unfortunately for him, we need someone who can hit the ground running and doesn't look like he's pulling a train.

Keep seeing Ryan Hardie mentioned, I'm presuming it's a wind-up but he'd be a very solid signing. Only problem with that is that it'd have to be permanent, given we've used our full allocation of loans I think?

5 minutes ago, Afro said:

I'm certain Miller was on trial with us; if we didn't have Mackin or Todorov I'd probably take him, or if we had several young strikers coming through who could learn from a player like him. Unfortunately for him, we need someone who can hit the ground running and doesn't look like he's pulling a train.

Keep seeing Ryan Hardie mentioned, I'm presuming it's a wind-up but he'd be a very solid signing. Only problem with that is that it'd have to be permanent, given we've used our full allocation of loans I think?

I think if McMillan leaves (isn't his loan up soon or did we extend it?) then we can get another.

I keep seeing a loan quota brought up, what is the actual rule ? 

As far as I was aware it was maximum of 1 loan player from 1 team in the same division and maximum 2 players from the same side from a different division but didn’t know anything about a maximum amount of loan signings. 

Given Edinburgh City have about 8 loans I’d be surprised to see a maximum for loan signings. 

Edited by andylivi1

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

He's never been the most prolific of scorers and he's another big striker in a team with Todorov and Mackin

He’s been a better goal scorer than Mackin and todarov will ever be . Mackin can go as far as Iam concerned ,he’s a big lazy lump ,todarov’s at least a bit more versatile which is handy but will be lucky to score double figures in a season .

12 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I keep seeing a loan quota brought up, what is the actual rule ? 

As far as I was aware it was maximum of 1 loan player from 1 team in the same division and maximum 2 players from the same side from a different division but didn’t know anything about a maximum amount of loan signings. 

Given Edinburgh City have about 8 loans I’d be surprised to see a maximum for loan signings. 

Pretty sure you're only allowed 4 at one time. 

Here it is:

Restrictions on Temporary Transfers

59. Subject to Regulations 64, a Club shall not:-

(i) at any time have an aggregate of more than four Players Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined;

1 minute ago, snorkie said:

He’s been a better goal scorer than Mackin and todarov will ever be . Mackin can go as far as Iam concerned ,he’s a big lazy lump ,todarov’s at least a bit more versatile which is handy but will be lucky to score double figures in a season .

“Been” 

He’s a legend with Falkirk fans but even they think he’s passed it for this level. 

Given only two players have scored double figures in this league so far means better players than those two will be lucky to score double figures also. 

Try and find a striker on £250 a week elsewhere in this league, that’s the constraints the club has when trying to sign players. 

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Pretty sure you're only allowed 4 at one time. 

Here it is:

Been hunting for that everywhere, I’m pretty sure Edinburgh City have well over 4 loan players at the club right now, but could be completely wrong. 

5 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Been hunting for that everywhere, I’m pretty sure Edinburgh City have well over 4 loan players at the club right now, but could be completely wrong. 

They've got 5 but one of them isn't listed in the first team, think it's something to do with a development loan, meaning you're allowed a maximum of 5 players from other clubs but I'm not sure how far the rule goes in terms of them being allowed to play in the first team. 

Rules are here and the loan stuff starts on page 122: https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleagueasat24july201_1502440056.pdf

8 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

They've got 5 but one of them isn't listed in the first team, think it's something to do with a development loan, meaning you're allowed a maximum of 5 players from other clubs but I'm not sure how far the rule goes in terms of them being allowed to play in the first team. 

Rules are here and the loan stuff starts on page 122: https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleagueasat24july201_1502440056.pdf

All looks too long and complicated, will take your word for it :lol:

20 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

5 max per season but only 4 at a time.
1 player over the age of 21.
So yeah we are either looking free market or loans from England. We can have as many loans from England as we want.

Wonder if Hoppy can utilise his contacts down south at Chelsea/Crystal Palace/Leeds to bring a young striker in. He has a good standing down there so I'm sure there'd be a few teams happy to loan out to him

12 hours ago, snorkie said:

27 league goals in 3 years at Falkirk first time round when he had a bit of pace maybe but doubt he'd be any better than what we have. You're comparing him to strikers who aren't playing every game, are fairly young and one of which plays as a defender regularly. Definitely a player in his day but not worth the risk these days

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If Mackin is on 250 a week he must be the lowest paid in your squad, barring youth players.

Indeed, barring youth players he is, it was one of the reasons we signed him. Where are you going to get a striker for that price anywhere ? 

Our top earners are on around the £600pw mark. 

Put it this way, I’m told that one individual at QoS, I’m sure you can guess who is on more than 4 of our top earners.