Livingston - all the threads merged

47 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

I don’t think it was a game for Mullin today , it was a game for rolling the sleeves up and battling that’s not one of josh best qualities

Keaghan Jacobs didn’t play well today, he probably wasn’t fully fit and played out of position, so hardly a fault of his own, Josh Mullin would’ve been the obvious choice to replace him but we didn’t bring him on. That tells me everything I need to know. 

He’ll be away this transfer window, Id be surprised if he wasn’t that’s for sure. 

It was a game for players to roll sleeves up and I don’t think josh suits that type of play , he will probably play next week in cup. I hope he doesn’t leave , along with Halkett pittman and Byrne but josh hasn’t been playing that well for last 3-4 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

It was a game for players to roll sleeves up and I don’t think josh suits that type of play , he will probably play next week in cup. I hope he doesn’t leave , along with Halkett pittman and Byrne but josh hasn’t been playing that well for last 3-4 weeks. 

I really don’t see a player that doesn’t roll his sleeves up, Josh has been a player that’s played right wing back all season, a position that you have to get up and down the pitch, if anything he is one of the harder working players in the team, imo anyway.

He hasn’t played well in recent weeks, you are right, perhaps his heart isn’t quite in it anymore and he wants to get something else sorted ? 

I hope he stays but everything points to him leaving, for the same reasons as Danny Mullen. 

20 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I see what both of you are saying, I think LL is meaning more of a battling performance than hard working though, there's a difference between effort/graft and getting stuck in scrapping for the ball.

Yes that’s what I mean. I don’t mean josh doesn’t work hard as he always does 

43 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Keaghan Jacobs didn’t play well today, he probably wasn’t fully fit and played out of position, so hardly a fault of his own, Josh Mullin would’ve been the obvious choice to replace him but we didn’t bring him on. That tells me everything I need to know. 

He’ll be away this transfer window, Id be surprised if he wasn’t that’s for sure. 

I thought both Jacobs and Gallagher should have swapped positions but evidently Hopkins wanted to use Gallagher's height in the centre to counter any route one high ball stuff.

Also I got the feeling Jacobs was on the right to support Buchanan as it was his first game for us.

42 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Josh hasn't really played in the last 3-4 weeks, so I don't see where you're getting that from. He wont play next week because we're making sure he doesn't get an injury and can be sold this window. 100% he will be sold, he's told the club he won't be signing a new contract and the club have made him available to other clubs for a small fee and sell on. The same situation as Danny Mullen.

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Josh hasn't really played in the last 3-4 weeks, so I don't see where you're getting that from. He wont play next week because we're making sure he doesn't get an injury and can be sold this window. 100% he will be sold, he's told the club he won't be signing a new contract and the club have made him available to other clubs for a small fee and sell on. The same situation as Danny Mullen.

Can't see any club willing to pay a fee for Josh to be honest; also sell on only works for the current length of the contract so if he signs on for another side for one year then its unlikely to be worth the ink its written on.

Incidentally he played last week didnt he?

59 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Can't see any club willing to pay a fee for Josh to be honest; also sell on only works for the current length of the contract so if he signs on for another side for one year then its unlikely to be worth the ink its written on.

Incidentally he played last week didnt he?

I'm sure he came off the bench, he's being given very limited game time though.

I reckon he'll go to St Mirren on a 2/3 year deal

42 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'm sure he came off the bench, he's being given very limited game time though.

I reckon he'll go to St Mirren on a 2/3 year deal

At the moment St Mirren appear to be looking at building a team to consolidate again into the SPL. On that basis I could absolutely believe them making a move for Halkett but not Mullin (and I do agree that on his day Mullin can be a excellent player). 

11 minutes ago, Durnford said:

At the moment St Mirren appear to be looking at building a team to consolidate again into the SPL. On that basis I could absolutely believe them making a move for Halkett but not Mullin (and I do agree that on his day Mullin can be a excellent player). 

I'd say it's more likely they'd sign Mullin than Halkett. Halkett will end up down south in the Championship or at a team like Partick/Motherwell

I think the recent speculation has been very unhelpful to the club. They all appear to have a good attitude and even if they want to move on at the end of their contracts, I don't see them downing tools for us based on their exceptional effort so far this season.

The implication that Mullin wasn't played yesterday due to an impending transfer or that any recent poor form is as a result of him wanting to leave is pretty disrespectful. I'm surprised our own fans are allowing that to spread. 

15 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I really don’t see a player that doesn’t roll his sleeves up, Josh has been a player that’s played right wing back all season, a position that you have to get up and down the pitch, if anything he is one of the harder working players in the team, imo anyway.

He hasn’t played well in recent weeks, you are right, perhaps his heart isn’t quite in it anymore and he wants to get something else sorted ? 

I hope he stays but everything points to him leaving, for the same reasons as Danny Mullen. 

I don't see him coming to Saints as has been the suggestion from one or two of your fellow Livi fans. Maybe if we were an established top flight side but I can see Mullin signing for a bigger club than ourselves, he's always impressed me when I've seen him play against us, looks destined for a bigger move in my opinion.

36 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Rumours we have Dean Brett the former cowden player on trial from Bonnyrigg Rose.
Always thought he was decent. A likely signing for sure.

No thanks, he’s not played above league 2 for about 4 years.