Livingston - all the threads merged

That's surely our last loan signing that we can make now. McMillan who hasn't set the heather alight. Penrice who I'm disappointed is leaving. Toddy who I'm not convinced is an out an out striker but has done reasonably well. Boyd who's played one game but showed great skill. And now Thompson. Any additional signings we are to make are surely going to be permanent rather than loans.

I think we're looking to extend McMillan's loan spell, he looked a good player but has been injured and not had a game since around the Dunfermline 2nd half one. Boyd is staying too I think, another who looked good in a game then got injured, but I presume it isn't going to keep him out too long if we're keeping him.

42 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Can't argue with it at all. 

One issue though @stumigoo ... I wish you didn't mention Halkett so much, at least want a slight chance of people not knowing how good he is :lol:

My blog doesn't get enough traffic for it to be picked up by any scouting teams but you never know! 

Yep Gallagher not playing affected the formation and we didn't really have wingers today, Longridge was hanging back too much and neither wing was being used to get in behind Queens defence or hit the bye line. Thought Robinson did ok up front but he's not a striker, and neither is Boyd, and both are preferred over Carrick.

Trying to get 2 in this week coming. I don’t know any names though. 
Would certainly expect 1 to be a centre back and we are crying out for a striker. 

Doubt we will get Balatoni despite him being a decent fit for us.

There's not many strikers out there on the free market. McFadden was released by qots. Might be worth a punt in a coaching sort of role?

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Trying to get 2 in this week coming. I don’t know any names though. 

Would certainly expect 1 to be a centre back and we are crying out for a striker. 

Gregor Buchanan wasn't in our squad yesterday, so he may be an option for you.

4 hours ago, B0baFatt said:

Heard a rumour that Motherwell are looking to take both Gallagher and Halkett which would leave us needing to find a few new defenders

Surprised if Gallagher leaves half way through the season, he's had better offers than Livi when he first came to us and then back again twice, but wouldn't begrudge him the move, he's been a good and loyal player to Livi, gutted if Halkett goes but again he deserves a move up, fantastic player for Livi.

Kinda looking like Hoppy's target of 8th place is more realistic than my hopes of a top 4 if we lose key players like this, isn't much between teams as yesterday showed, but a wee bit of quality in key positions makes a big difference, and that'll be 3 we've lost in this window if this happens, has to have a big affect. 

Can’t see gallagher going anywhere , he’s been good this season but Halkett and Lithgow have been much better and played more games. Declan signed a 2 year deal so Motherwell would need to pay a fee can’t see that happening. Halkett will have clubs after him in summer

22 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep Gallagher not playing affected the formation and we didn't really have wingers today, Longridge was hanging back too much and neither wing was being used to get in behind Queens defence or hit the bye line. Thought Robinson did ok up front but he's not a striker, and neither is Boyd, and both are preferred over Carrick.

Robinson is an AM but looks a good fit up front, Boyd is a striker though is he not?

Just now, ATLIS said:

Robinson is an AM but looks a good fit up front, Boyd is a striker though is he not?

Hoppy has him down as one but i'm sure I read he was a midfielder. Both are quick and good with the ball at their feet but unless they start banging in goals, or helping someone else score then they're not much use playing as strikers.

Maybe we need to get a settled pair playing up front first though, since Mullen left, or even before as he was out injured, we've had Cadden, Rafa, Carrick, Robinson and Boyd all playing up front partnering either Mackin or Toddy. About time we stuck with one of them and found out the two best players to use.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hoppy has him down as one but i'm sure I read he was a midfielder. Both are quick and good with the ball at their feet but unless they start banging in goals, or helping someone else score then they're not much use playing as strikers.

Maybe we need to get a settled pair playing up front first though, since Mullen left, or even before as he was out injured, we've had Cadden, Rafa, Carrick, Robinson and Boyd all playing up front partnering either Mackin or Toddy. About time we stuck with one of them and found out the two best players to use.

I think Mackin is too inconsistent and Toddy doesn't offer more than just pure hustle. We need a big guy that can play consistently and offer something new to the team. I think the secret would be playing Rafa up top to be honest but I doubt Hoppy will go for it