Livingston - all the threads merged

38 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

If the other 2 have caught Archie’s eye then that’s just good/bad luck depending on who you support. How good/potentials are we talking? positions/playstlye?

Halkett easily the best CB in the Championship by some way, absolutely solid defender who rarely makes mistakes and chips in with goals. Joint top for us now I think. 

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Halkett was at Sevco and we picked him up a couple of seasons ago when he was released, cracking CB now and def good enough for the Premiership. Byrne came from Dunfermline and has been part of a very good midfield 2/3 with Pittman and Jacobs, not sure he's good enough for Premiership though, he's a good Championship player but might be a risk signing him for a level above.

Both are too good to be playing with us for much longer though, same with Pittman, hoping we can hold onto them for the rest of the season, and hopefully the talk of us offering them 2 year deal extensions are true, and that they sign them.

You say both are to good for Livingston but not sure there good enough for premiership , what level would they go to next?

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We're officially out the race, he's going to either ICT or Raith, ICT offered a house and double what we'd pay

He's been offered a 2 year extension, not much more you need to know

We run on a small scale full time operation, there's some part time teams that offer more wages than us easily.  Given our wage cap is roughly 500pw I doubt we're living outwith our means

If Partick Thistle offered these players contracts and who have the new £6 million training complex being built from the money from the Weirs (who have guaranteed it regardless of whether Thistle are relegated or not) and they choose to stay with Livingston, I would think its likely they would be on a lot more than £500 per week?

55 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

You say both are to good for Livingston but not sure there good enough for premiership , what level would they go to next?

I said i'm not sure Byrne is good enough for Premiership,  Halkett is, he's coasting it at this level. 

I know you rate Byrne highly, prob higher than Pittman, so you wont agree with me,  I like him too and think he's been excellent at Livi, i'm just not sure he could step up a level. 

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Halkett easily the best CB in the Championship by some way, absolutely solid defender who rarely makes mistakes and chips in with goals. Joint top for us now I think. 

He might be the best CB in the Championship, he's certainly up there and I agree he would be a good signing for a Premiership club. I think it's stretching it a bit to suggest he's "easily" the best though. I'd take Halkett in a heart beat given a chance.

Not seen enough of Byrne. He had a really good game at Palmerston at the end of November though.

58 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I said i'm not sure Byrne is good enough for Premiership,  Halkett is, he's coasting it at this level. 

I know you rate Byrne highly, prob higher than Pittman, so you wont agree with me,  I like him too and think he's been excellent at Livi, i'm just not sure he could step up a level. 

I don’t rate him higher than pittman I think they both do really un selfish work for the team and both good footballers. Both excellent.

halkett will be at least a premiership player next season I couldn’t agree more 

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He might be the best CB in the Championship, he's certainly up there and I agree he would be a good signing for a Premiership club. I think it's stretching it a bit to suggest he's "easily" the best though. I'd take Halkett in a heart beat given a chance.

Not seen enough of Byrne. He had a really good game at Palmerston at the end of November though.

I don't really know of another CB who's comparable to him in this league

I'm honestly fairly embarrassed for the club and players, it wasn't that long ago that they all shelled out to buy a drum to create atmosphere during the games. It's still sitting behind the reception having never been picked up, I'd completely forgot about it until I had to ask. 

Anyone fancy picking it up? :D 

Oh David said, we're gonna play him in Centre Mid

The Premier League will be told, about the boy in the Black and Gold

With Pittman and Keags, the midfield three that will win the league

A bit of skill and a lovely turn, from our main man Shaun Byrne

Ohh ohh ohh (x13)

GBTAM

What's the tune fella, won't be able to sing it in the pub tomorrow otherwise

Meet you at spoons 11:45 and I'll teach you. Hopefully won't get kicked out like we did in Oswestry.

Tuesdays game against Inverness has the makings of a big game for both clubs, Inverness win they’ll fancy making the playoffs, we win we put distance between us and them. 

Sad that we can’t take a bus to the game, hopefully a few make it up in cars. 

6 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Tuesdays game against Inverness has the makings of a big game for both clubs, Inverness win they’ll fancy making the playoffs, we win we put distance between us and them. 

Sad that we can’t take a bus to the game, hopefully a few make it up in cars. 

Really down to the shit choice of date, and time. 2pm midweek kickoff in Inverness is the dumbest thing I've heard for a while

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Really down to the shit choice of date, and time. 2pm midweek kickoff in Inverness is the dumbest thing I've heard for a while

It’s 3pm kick off isn’t it ? 

I agree though it’s not the best time to have a full set of fixtures, during the holidays, many families visiting, plus struggling finacially. 

14 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

It’s 3pm kick off isn’t it ? 

I agree though it’s not the best time to have a full set of fixtures, during the holidays, many families visiting, plus struggling finacially. 

Think it is 3 actually, either way, Horrible scheduling by all involved

Edited by ATLIS

36 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Not really surprising but confirmation that we won't be holding onto James Penrice for the rest of the season.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/loan-update/

Good luck to the lad, been excellent in his spell here and I’m sure he will develop and hopefully get games in the Premiership, he is good enough imo. 

Big boots to fill, but I have confidence in Hoppy to bring in 1 or 2 to replace the ones departing.