Livingston - all the threads merged

If we get to the end of the transfer window with the players we have still with us I'll be content. A wee bonus would be a striker signing.

Most other teams in this division including part time Dumbarton are gearing up to improve their squads so it doesn't get any easier.

12 minutes ago, Livi said:

Can we afford any new players? 

I don't know why you're being so negative honestly. We're in the best place we've been for a good 7 or 8 years, possibly even 10. That's competitively and financially. Be happy we're still here and doing well - if players leave that's fine. We have a manager with a great track record for replacing and bringing in players, I don't think he's actually really made many bad signings at all.

With an average home gate of around 1000 and only one home game since 18th November? We wont be able to bring much in with that cash flow.

Financially the team's position in the league doesn't mean very much unless its matched by a corresponding increase in people coming to see the team.

28 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I don't know why you're being so negative honestly. We're in the best place we've been for a good 7 or 8 years, possibly even 10. That's competitively and financially. Be happy we're still here and doing well - if players leave that's fine. We have a manager with a great track record for replacing and bringing in players, I don't think he's actually really made many bad signings at all.

Some would say realistic.

We have a very low fan base and very little income (hence £20 against a junior team recently) We,re being funded by others money right now which for me is uncomfortable ax a livi fan seeing 2 administrations 

the current mob will will want their money back one day and not sure we can afford another fall out at board level  remember the Rankine, McDougall, Nixon fallout!

Agree from a football perespect its a. Joy to see tho <thumbs up> 

7 minutes ago, Livi said:

Some would say realistic.

We have a very low fan base and very little income (hence £20 against a junior team recently) We,re being funded by others money right now which for me is uncomfortable ax a livi fan seeing 2 administrations 

the current mob will will want their money back one day and not sure we can afford another fall out at board level  remember the Rankine, McDougall, Nixon fallout!

Agree from a football perespect its a. Joy to see tho <thumbs up> 

I think Ward has the best intentions, and is running us as such. I don't think we're living outwith our means, or in a way that will harm the club long term

Having spoken to John Ward on a few occasions now I believe he is very much the right man to move us forward. 

He is running the club like a business, he has a habit of taking over struggling businesses and turning them around. 

He is a local man who I believe has the best intentions for the club, we had a budget this season, we’ve stuck to it, even when it may have been tempting to go and get Andy Ryan for example we said no we have a budget, in the past that probably wouldn’t have been the case. 

We are very much stable finacially right now with the right people incharge looking to take us forward. 

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I think Ward has the best intentions, and is running us as such. I don't think we're living outwith our means, or in a way that will harm the club long term

I agree John has the best intensions, but he is not the person all the money is owed to tho nor is he solely in charge of Livi FC sadly.

If you dint think we are living out our means then we will be fine. Am no here to fight. I think we are living outside our means and while income will be boosted by better sponsorship that just means the gap isnt as big as it would have been. 

Someone or some people are partly  funding Livi FC year to year.

Edited by Livi

4 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Having spoken to John Ward on a few occasions now I believe he is very much the right man to move us forward. 

He is running the club like a business, he has a habit of taking over struggling businesses and turning them around. 

He is a local man who I believe has the best intentions for the club, we had a budget this season, we’ve stuck to it, even when it may have been tempting to go and get Andy Ryan for example we said no we have a budget, in the past that probably wouldn’t have been the case. 

We are very much stable finacially right now with the right people incharge looking to take us forward. 

Agree with al, of that  but John does not own all the directors debt thats been racked up over the years. What happens if these people call this in / get fed up with Livi FC? 

Our budget must be more than livi brings in from income therefore who is filling the gap ? 

Edited by Livi

1 minute ago, Livi said:

Agree with al, of that p, but John does not own all the directors debt thats been racked up over the years. What happens if these people call this in / get fed up with Livi FC? 

Our budget must be more than livi brings in from income therefore who is filling the gap ? 

It seems like you know everything about what goes on inside the club, care to elaborate?

As far as I know the debt owned to previous directors are either gone or very reduced now. We've had a budget and stuck to it, what more do you want? We won't be racking up debt as is and we're performing well. I'm failing to see what there is to be negative about right now as a Livi fan????

4 minutes ago, Livi said:

Agree with al, of that  but John does not own all the directors debt thats been racked up over the years. What happens if these people call this in / get fed up with Livi FC? 

I know what you’re saying but have a little faith, play the long game...

I believe in John and I believe the club is heading in the right direction. 

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It seems like you know everything about what goes on inside the club, care to elaborate?

As far as I know the debt owned to previous directors are either gone or very reduced now. We've had a budget and stuck to it, what more do you want? We won't be racking up debt as is and we're performing well. I'm failing to see what there is to be negative about right now as a Livi fan????

I dont know anything other than people dont  generally throw money away willy nilly. 

I love the on park performances already said that. 

I am still worried about the behind the scenes set up and very much a pessimist when it comes to thinking its all OK. None of us know for sure whats happening here, but i agree if John Ward was here with his own guys i’d be alot more comfortable but he isnt and that makes me nervous.  

Edited by Livi

We were funded by director loans last season in League One, not heard about having to be propped up in the Championship, prize money and away gates are better at this level. The budget that was set has been stuck to and our Betfred cup run exceeded expectations, so we're ahead on that score, so far we're well ahead of expectations in the league too. Even making money on Mullen being sold, hopefully we wont lose anyone else though, we've a good sot at the promotion play offs if we manage to keep everyone till the end of the season. If we do get offers in January then I hope it is to a team that allows us to keep the player(s) till the end of the season or lets us have them back on loan for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Sorry but as far as I can recall McDougall alone was owed something like £250,000 wasn't he?

Even if everyone at the home games paid full price PATG that would mean a gate revenue of £18,000 per game - that would take the full revenue from almost 14 home games to clear off. There's no way we could have made much of a dent in that let alone Nixon or others.

At best we're probably managing the debt which means meeting the agreed repayments unless of course the previous creditors agreed to wipe off their debt but that isn't the same as clearing debt by trading income. No so long ago one of the directors (Wilson?) said we really needed a home gate of around 1600 per home game.

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We were funded by director loans last season in League One, not heard about having to be propped up in the Championship, prize money and away gates are better at this level. The budget that was set has been stuck to and our Betfred cup run exceeded expectations, so we're ahead on that score, so far we're well ahead of expectations in the league too. Even making money on Mullen being sold, hopefully we wont lose anyone else though, we've a good sot at the promotion play offs if we manage to keep everyone till the end of the season. If we do get offers in January then I hope it is to a team that allows us to keep the player(s) till the end of the season or lets us have them back on loan for the rest of the season.

I may be wide of the mark, but its my opinion and having seen 2 administrations i always think income vrs expenditure

There is no doubt the club have done better this season and those that have worked hard on getting this additional income should be applauded  

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Sorry but as far as I can recall McDougall alone was owed something like £250,000 wasn't he?

Even if everyone at the home games paid full price PATG that would mean a gate revenue of £18,000 per game - that would take the full revenue from almost 14 home games to clear off. There's no way we could have made much of a dent in that let alone Nixon or others.

At best we're probably managing the debt which means meeting the agreed repayments unless of course the previous creditors agreed to wipe off their debt but that isn't the same as clearing debt by trading income. No so long ago one of the directors (Wilson?) said we really needed a home gate of around 1600 per home game.

I think McDougall has been settled