Livingston - all the threads merged

14 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Nah, we haven’t a lot of money but we aren’t struggling to pay wages. 

The money we made from Mullen 25k I believe and the 100k from the league cup run has almost certainly helped with cash flow at the Club, a high finish this season too would be a welcome boost. 

This sort of rumour is unhelpful but understandable given our past record, but under the stewardship of John Ward who I’ve met on a few occasions now I’m more confident than ever that the right guy is in charge and has long term plans for the Club. 

Not saying you're wrong here but the money from your cup run won't be helping any cash flow issues just now - it gets paid at the end of the season as far as I'm aware.

14 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

This is getting ridiculous now though, if we're going to keep doing this then our season is knackered and we could end up being in serious trouble on the pitch, and go into freefall losing game after game. There is fine lines in games and we aren't that good we can afford to lose our best players and not suffer for it. We built a team for this season, you have to strike a balance between getting a few thousand pounds for a player and accept them moving on for nothing but getting you a higher league place and more prize money, more chance of building our fan base with a successful team on the pitch, and general feel good factor around the place, start going down the route of losing all our best players half way through the season and it isn't going to be much fun going to Livi games.

Who’s to say this won’t improve the squad ? Yes Austin hasn’t been great for Falkirk this season but who has ? A fresh start may get him back to the form that had Aberdeen, Motherwell and Dundee after him and I believe Hoppy would be the right kind of manager to get the best out of him, who’s to say his goals won’t help us to the playoffs ? 

I love Pittman, he’s a very good player but weren’t we all saying we really lack a proper striker in the side ? Could this be the answer ? Our strongest area of the side is in Midfield, we have Jacobs ready to step in and we know how good he can be, we also have Robinson who has a decent record who can step in, and it wouldn’t surprise me if Hoppy would be looking to replace Pitts if indeed this rumour is true. 

Hoppy’s transfers have been good up to now and I trust him to get things right. 

As ive said, it’s important to point out this is just a rumour, I’ve nothing to substantiate it so we will all have to wait and see. 

Btw I’d much rather see us keep Pitts myself, but no one knows how this will affect our season. 

Edited by andylivi1

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Who’s to say this won’t improve the squad ? Yes Austin hasn’t been great for Falkirk this season but who has ? A fresh start may get him back to the form that had Aberdeen, Motherwell and Dundee after him and I believe Hoppy would be the right kind of manager to get the best out of him, who’s to say his goals won’t help us to the playoffs ? 

I love Pittman, he’s a very good player but weren’t we all saying we really lack a proper striker in the side ? Could this be the answer ? Our strongest area of the side is in Midfield, we have Jacobs ready to step in and we know how good he can be, we also have Robinson who has a decent record who can step in, and it wouldn’t surprise me if Hoppy would be looking to replace Pitts if indeed this rumour is true. 

Hoppy’s transfers have been good up to now and I trust him to get things right. 

As ive said, it’s important to point out this is just a rumour, I’ve nothing to substantiate it so we will all have to wait and see. 

Austin is more likely to replace Mullen than Pittman, our midfield has been the driving force of our success this season, take out our most consistent and best player and we most def will suffer. Keaghan is already going to have to replace Penrice, he can't replace everyone. Lets hope the rumour is false then, i'll be extremely pissed off if it isn't.

Just now, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Well said Liviforever. Hopkin won't let Pittman go lightly, I'm confident he'll be here til the end of the season.

I hope so, I doubt Hoppy will want to see him leave, he's going to be a dad soon, so a 2 year extension offer from us for a bit of security would be good incentive for him staying at Livi.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Austin is more likely to replace Mullen than Pittman, our midfield has been the driving force of our success this season, take out our most consistent and best player and we most def will suffer. Keaghan is already going to have to replace Penrice, he can't replace everyone. Lets hope the rumour is false then, i'll be extremely pissed off if it isn't.

I’m not saying Austin is being brought in to replace Pittman I’m saying we’ve been shouting about an out and out striker all season, Mullen wasn’t even that as much as he was very good at what he done he wasn’t prolific. Austin may just fit that mould. 

Penrice although yes has played in midfield for us has played wing back the last couple of occasions, and can be replaced by Longridge who I think gets undeserved criticism and Cadden, and Pitts if indeed he does go can be replaced by Keags. 

That is all before we bring anyone else in which I’m sure Hoppy will be wanting to do. 

I don’t want him to go, far from it but if Austin is brought in and scored a few goals and helps get us to the playoffs then imo it would be a good deal, if we fail to make the playoffs yes it would be disappointing but no one would know if keeping Pitts would’ve made the difference or not. 

Just now, andylivi1 said:

I’m not saying Austin is being brought in to replace Pittman I’m saying we’ve been shouting about an out and out striker all season, Mullen wasn’t even that as much as he was very good at what he done he wasn’t prolific. Austin may just fit that mould. 

Penrice although yes has played in midfield for us has played wing back the last couple of occasions, and can be replaced by Longridge who I think gets undeserved criticism and Cadden, and Pitts if indeed he does go can be replaced by Keags. 

That is all before we bring anyone else in which I’m sure Hoppy will be wanting to do. 

I don’t want him to go, far from it but if Austin is brought in and scored a few goals and helps get us to the playoffs then imo it would be a good deal, if we fail to make the playoffs yes it would be disappointing but no one would know if keeping Pitts would’ve made the difference or not. 

You're far more accepting then me then andy, I rate Pittman far better than anyone else we have in CM and although I like Keaghan, he isn't as good as Pittman or he'd be getting regular starts, I don't think Pittman has missed a game this season.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You're far more accepting then me then andy, I rate Pittman far better than anyone else we have in CM and although I like Keaghan, he isn't as good as Pittman or he'd be getting regular starts, I don't think Pittman has missed a game this season.

I’m not accepting, if this is true i’d be just as gutted to lose Pitts as you and every other Livi fan, but I can understand why we would look to maximise the deal by bringing in a player in a position we’ve really been crying out for. 

I hope like yourself though that this discussion won’t mean anything and this doesn’t actually happen.

Edited by andylivi1

32 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I hope so, I doubt Hoppy will want to see him leave, he's going to be a dad soon, so a 2 year extension offer from us for a bit of security would be good incentive for him staying at Livi.

On the other hand, he'll get more money at Falkirk which will be a pretty big factor with a kid on the way.

Ultimately this will be the issue for pittman. Needs some security and currently paid peanuts. He is a really important player in the squad so needs to be paid accordingly or quite rightly, has to look elsewhere.

Totally pains me to say this but Falkirk would probably be a perfect move in Pittman’s opinion. Hasn’t probably been as outstanding as Craig Halkett but definitely deserves a move to a higher level... Whether that materialises or not is up for debate; by all accounts he’s well settled in the area and Falkirk is easily commutable from West Lothian. I think even in League 1 Falkirk would easily be able to pay more than double what we could offer. I’d be extremely fucked off if he moved to Falkirk of all places, but it’s a money driven game and I couldn’t begrudge him getting a very decent wage.

Unsure about Austin, looked like a complete sand dancer earlier in the season and it sounds like he couldn’t hit a barn door at the moment. His record at East Fife was fairly dynamite, could be a worth punt given the turmoil Falkirk are in. Plus, Hopkin really seems to be able to get the best out of players down on confidence.

1 minute ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

I wish Livi fans on here weren't so quick to plug rumours of our key players leaving so quickly. It just builds momentum in the wider press and fucks me off.

I did state on every occasion that we remember it was just a rumour and there was nothing really to substantiate it other than Falkirk had been looking at him and with rumours of us getting Austin it would make sense that it could be a swap deal. 

The final part of my Ross Millen interview. 

Ross talks about his short spells with Livi and Clyde as well as his 18 months with Queens Park, to date. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/12/22/a-chat-with-ross-millen-part-2/

Also, re Austin. I saw him a few times for East Fife and he was really good. I'm surprised how he's done since joining Falkirk as I thought he would do really well there, but, as has been said, everyone has underperformed at TFS this season. I think if the rumour is true, Hopkin will get the best out of him. It could be a really good signing for Livingston. 

18 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Rumours that they want to increase the rent which is already an astronomic amount which will obviously effect the Club finacially, when u think about it what other landlord would get away with renting out a place but not maintaining it ? We have to maintain the ground ourselves which comes at a cost too. 

John Sim when he was our landlord at Starks.The lease you have appears similar Tenants repairing lease ,responsibility for pretty much everything lies with the club

2 hours ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

I wish Livi fans on here weren't so quick to plug rumours of our key players leaving so quickly. It just builds momentum in the wider press and fucks me off.

Aye, just to balance it - I've heard we're losing Pittman, getting Austin and Penrice is telling Partick to do one and signing a big amber PCA in January and promptly protesting on top of the Macaroni Bowl screaming "this is my home now"