Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, lividihard said:

see my post above :)

Yep official announcement meant to be at 5pm, good signing imo, tried to get him last season when he went back to Hamilton after his loan at Albion Rovers ended but couldn’t due to the 3 Club rule or something daft like that. 

Was impressed with him when I saw him and think he is a decent replacement who will score some goals, hopefully anyway. 

2 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Interesting signing. Don't know a lot about him.
Don't remember ever hearing about him at Albion in terms of scoring goals etc. Not the type of player id expected tbh.

I’m sure he scored against us when they beat us 2-1 at home last season. 

I’m sure he scored against us when they beat us 2-1 at home last season. 

I think I missed that game.
I know the name from Football Manager of course and have signed him a couple of times on it. I'm just surprised it wasn't a more prolific/experienced goalscorer.

Just now, LogieLivi said:

According to soccerbase though he has made 18 appearances for Hamilton this season so he's at least match fit. It appears as though he is more of an attacking midfielder than a striker which is odd. As we need a striker.

Hoppy likes to play players in positions further up the field, like Penrice as a LM rather than a LB, and Cadden as a striker, might work out ok if Boyd plays off Toddy or Mackin as a striker.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hoppy likes to play players in positions further up the field, like Penrice as a LM rather than a LB, and Cadden as a striker, might work out ok if Boyd plays off Toddy or Mackin as a striker.

He likes a shot from outside the box as well, 30 yard thunderfuck on Saturday it is

1 hour ago, lividihard said:

Decent signing, though I don't think he'll be allowed the no 10 shirt under the rules. You can't reallocate a number until a player has left the club and technically Mullen hasn't left and won't do until January. Unless the SPFL over-ride their own rules here they won't let him have 10.

3 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

He's clearly been pushed by the club. Has absolutely no ambition if he's joining St Mirren.

Clearly you have no knowledge of St Mirren's record of nurturing young players then making big money from them. I could post a long list but Ian Ferguson's transfer from Clyde drew the same sort of comments , because he could have joined Aberdeen at the time , but he won us the cup and moved to RFC for a £940k profit. Mullen will  be similar I'd imagine , hopefully win the league and get a season in the top league out of him then we can make a nice bit of cash !

Just now, billyg said:

Clearly you have no knowledge of St Mirren's record of nurturing young players then making big money from them. I could post a long list but Ian Ferguson's transfer from Clyde drew the same sort of comments , because he could have joined Aberdeen at the time , but he won us the cup and moved to RFC for a £940k profit. Mullen will  be similar I'd imagine , hopefully win the league and get a season in the top league out of him then we can make a nice bit of cash !

Us too if we've got a sell on clause. 

Atrocious penalty against Dunfermline and far too often failed to beat the keeper from close range. Last thing we need is a player who doesn't want to be here. Good results this season have been built on players wanting to perform for the team. Clearly been a problem here for a number of weeks and Hopkin has waited for a replacement before letting him leave. Looking forward to seeing Steven Boyd, judging by recent Hopkins signings he could very well be an improvement for us. Plus the cash, looks like a good bit of business for Livi.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Decent signing, though I don't think he'll be allowed the no 10 shirt under the rules. You can't reallocate a number until a player has left the club and technically Mullen hasn't left and won't do until January. Unless the SPFL over-ride their own rules here they won't let him have 10.

Watch us get a fucking fine/point deduction for not registering him properly because of the shirt number :lol:

I am disappointed but hold no grudges against him. I think he's been a very good player for us over the past two or three seasons and will keep improving at a club which currently has more potential to grow than us. Probably good business for both parties.

If the game goes ahead on Saturday, I think this may actually give us a much needed lift after three weeks off.

Well Hopkin certainly rates Boyd, sounds very promising: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-sign-steven-boyd-loan-11682669

Head coach David Hopkin said he was thrilled to get his man and admitted it had been in the works.

He said: “Once it was clear that Danny wanted to leave we had to work hard to bring someone in before we could let him go and Steven is someone I wanted last season. He played against us twice at Albion and I thought he was probably the best player on the park.

“I thought he had everything. Great feet, link-up play and vision so I’m delighted that we’ve been able to get him in to the club and I’m sure he’ll be a great addition to the squad.”