Livingston - all the threads merged

30 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

When do you think we should start offering contracts to our main players? January is very close 

I think you mean offering them contract extensions - I imagine the players all have contracts already unless they're all under special Kachloul type amateur status

Carrick is a good player on his day and puts in one he'll of a shift.
Players id see leave are Ross Brown and Matthew Knox. I'm sorry but Knox is not the player everyone seems to think he is. Pretty much a carbon copy of Cadden who does a mazy run and then loses the ball. There's a reason he's not a regular in the league. He just isn't that good.
Fee for Knox and brown simply because he has made a fleeting appearance in the Morton cup game and has disappeared since. Carrick needs a bit of game time and a confidence boost, then he'll be one hell of a player for us in my opinion.
I'd like to see us bring in at least a decent keeper for cover to actually challenge Alexander for the jersey. Maley is not here on merit.

3 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Carrick is a good player on his day and puts in one he'll of a shift.
Players id see leave are Ross Brown and Matthew Knox. I'm sorry but Knox is not the player everyone seems to think he is. Pretty much a carbon copy of Cadden who does a mazy run and then loses the ball. There's a reason he's not a regular in the league. He just isn't that good.
Fee for Knox and brown simply because he has made a fleeting appearance in the Morton cup game and has disappeared since. Carrick needs a bit of game time and a confidence boost, then he'll be one hell of a player for us in my opinion.
I'd like to see us bring in at least a decent keeper for cover to actually challenge Alexander for the jersey. Maley is not here on merit.

Knox has the makings of a really good player and isn't highly rated for no reason,

Brown has been injured all season so I don't see how anyone can comment

I think Brown was EF's PoTY last season so must be a decent player, hopefully he'll have a decent run being injury free to see what he can do with us. Already seen what Robinson can do when he gets a game, he's scored3 goals in about 4 appearances.

Kinda mixed feelings about what to do with Carrick, he's the opposite of Mackin this season, puts in the work but doesn't score any goals, well not enough, scored against St Mirren in our cup win and then got injured but has done very little since, but then again has had little game time to get himself going. Again similar to Mackin, only Mackin still scores whenever he gets a game. Pity we can't take Mackin's goal scoring and mix it with Carrick's work rate.:unsure:

Brown has appeared for us this season.
He came on as a late sub against Morton in the cup. So he was fit. Played 5 mins. Then injured again for 2+ months.

Knox has offered us nothing since I've first seen him play for us. But I suppose I have forgotten his age as he's only 17 because we have been talking about him for almost 2 years and in that 2 years ive not been impressed.
I don't think any of our players deserve to be released in January. Carrick and Mackin need more gametime. Ready though that Carrick is training the under13s at Hearts meaning he's not at the club on a Tuesday or Wednesday for the under 20s games hence why he's not scoring at development level.

Just now, LogieLivi said:

Brown has appeared for us this season.
He came on as a late sub against Morton in the cup. So he was fit. Played 5 mins. Then injured again for 2+ months.

Knox has offered us nothing since I've first seen him play for us. But I suppose I have forgotten his age as he's only 17 because we have been talking about him for almost 2 years and in that 2 years ive not been impressed.
I don't think any of our players deserve to be released in January. Carrick and Mackin need more gametime. Ready though that Carrick is training the under13s at Hearts meaning he's not at the club on a Tuesday or Wednesday for the under 20s games hence why he's not scoring at development level.

Bloody hell, yes then he got injured, he was injured at the start of the season, got back from injury and played against Morton then got injured again with a different injury (think I read a broken foot/ankle), he's hardly had a chance to prove himself has he? I read both him and Robinson are near to being able to play for us again so hopefully he stays injury free now.

Yep Knox is still a youngster, imo he's come on this season, I noticed an improvement in him earlier in the season in pre season or cup games, can't remember now, think he played against Partick th, and would like to see him get league games now, I love his direct style of play, immediately opposition players back off when \knox gets the ball, they know he'll skin them if they jump in.  Hate seeing Livi players hesitate because opposition players just move in and take the ball off them when they do that. Not saying he's brilliant but there are now signs of what all the hype was about, and I would like to see us giving him a bit of game time to see what he can do against Championship teams. I suppose Hoppy is being careful with his development though and will give him games when he thinks it'll do him the most good.

Agree with you about your last paragraph, not too bothered about punting any of our players in Jan, they can all do a job, some better than others but they've all got parts to play. I'm more concerned with us trying to keep the ones we've got, and Penrice going back to Partick Th will be the biggest loss,  we'll be lucky to get someone as good as a replacement.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Bloody hell, yes then he got injured, he was injured at the start of the season, got back from injury and played against Morton then got injured again with a different injury (think I read a broken foot/ankle), he's hardly had a chance to prove himself has he? I read both him and Robinson are near to being able to play for us again so hopefully he stays injury free now.

Yep Knox is still a youngster, imo he's come on this season, I noticed an improvement in him earlier in the season in pre season or cup games, can't remember now, think he played against Partick th, and would like to see him get league games now, I love his direct style of play, immediately opposition players back off when \knox gets the ball, they know he'll skin them if they jump in.  Hate seeing Livi players hesitate because opposition players just move in and take the ball off them when they do that. Not saying he's brilliant but there are now signs of what all the hype was about, and I would like to see us giving him a bit of game time to see what he can do against Championship teams. I suppose Hoppy is being careful with his development though and will give him games when he thinks it'll do him the most good.

Agree with you about your last paragraph, not too bothered about punting any of our players in Jan, they can all do a job, some better than others but they've all got parts to play. I'm more concerned with us trying to keep the ones we've got, and Penrice going back to Partick Th will be the biggest loss,  we'll be lucky to get someone as good as a replacement.

Jacobs should surely, easily be able to fill the hole left by Penrice though

I'm sure it was a broken metatarsal for Brown, he's meant to be a really good player so I wouldn't dive in on releasing a player that's not had a chance

Edited by ATLIS

I did initially say the brown would be on my release list but mainly due to his injury status than his ability as a football player.
With Penrice surely going back to Partick in January we have plenty of midfielders to replace him without getting anyone else in.
Keags/Robinson being the two I can think of.
I think the problem with Knox is that he doesn't seem to have a position. Everytime I've seen him play he's played a different position. Because we are a well drilled team with a very structured formation he needs to choose or be set a specific position(s) within that formation. Is he a right mid(Hibs game) or a central midfielder (stenhousmuir last season) or a right midfielder(yesterday) or a striker (yesterday and I assume for the development squad). Scougall came onto a game when he was told he would play a specific role. Knox needs to find that specific role otherwise he will stagnate and only feature from the bench.

Again though the only players we should be thinking about getting in in January are a CB or 2 and a GK.

I'd be more than happy to give Ross Brown time to get fit and back at it. PoTY last season at a very solid East Fife team, must have something about him and would be very disappointing to punt the boy without him really getting a crack at the whip. Hopefully he can go some way to filling the Penrice-shaped hole which is on the way in the side, along with Knox. It would take a madman to say that he hasn't changed since he made his debut, looks a helluva lot stronger this season and has been unfortunate Penrice has came straight into the side, looked decent out on the left in pre-season and against Partick.

Would be relatively poor form from us releasing guys in January if an outstanding replacement was not available - given that, it seems unlikely. But I agree to a point, it's apparent that Carrick and Longridge aren't Championship players. More than happy for them to fill in but not really starting material with all due respect.

Agree regarding the second choice goalkeeper. Hopefully the youth GK is the real deal or else we could be scraping around a bit. Doesn't seem to be any sign that Alexander is chucking it at the end of the season, think he's been a good signing IMO, but 12-18 months with him should be an attractive option for any young GK around this level.

Just read the DR article on Josh Mullin, hadn't realised he's had so many assists this season, 14, 2 goals and 6 assists in the league and 8 assists in cup games. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/practice-makes-perfect-livingston-assist-11578034

It’s just practice and putting the hours in at training to get better. During the week before the game, myself and Shaun Byrne stayed behind for a while and he was just feeding me balls down the wing.

Good to see a Livi player putting in extra practice in his own time after training, always astounds me that more players haven't done this at Livi, esp when it is part of their game. Good on Shaun Byrne for staying on and helping him out too.

I don't even doubt he's got one of or even, the best deliveries in the country. You can see the difference in him since he joined, an absolute rock for us right now and rarely has a bad game.

Hopefully we sign him up on a long(er) term deal because clubs will start to look at him. If we keep him we can aspire to get others like him in and push on. We've shown this season what we can do and that's with a fair few players injured at times

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 02:38, ATLIS said:

Anyone know if there's a bus running for Tuesday? Fancy getting through for it but don't drive

You've prob seen the OS twitter but i'll link it here for you anyway, in case you missed it. There's still some seats on the bus for Tomorrows game. https://twitter.com/LiviFCOfficial?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Flivingstonfc.co.uk%2Fmatch%2Ffixtures-results%2F