Livingston - all the threads merged

17 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

After the initial flurry of signings and resignings it's a bit underwhelming that we haven't announced anyone else yet. I can appreciate maybe a couple of players waiting to find out who we would play in the cups etc but now we really need to start snapping up some players.
Livi have always attracted a decent calibre of player.
Neil Alexander or Mark Ridgers would be decent shouts for keeper but Alexander would want a coaching role which is currently occupied by someone else doing a decent job right now. Ridgers is still young but has decent first team experience.
Not many decent right backs available on the free market just now, might be worth looking at loans. McRorrie from Rangers is reportedly very good for a young right back.
Shankland is a decent striker but with Knox reportedly wanted down south again we are going to need to bring in an extra 2 strikers even if Buchs stays.

Shankland is not a decent striker, Can't run he's slow as shit. 

4 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Liam Buchanan has just been announced by us as well as Greig Spence.

Quick Question, how many goals did Buchanan score in all competitions last season?

27 I think, 22 in the league and 5 in the cups.

Edited by LiviLion
speeling

Liam Buchanan has just been announced by us as well as Greig Spence.

Quick Question, how many goals did Buchanan score in all competitions last season?

27, I think. Rating Rovers are getting a cracking player and I'm bitterly disappointed he's left. Big pressure now on Hopkin to get someone in to help Mullen out up front.

Where are you seeing this? It's certainly not on our thread.. [emoji38]

I think we'll announce Spence today and with it being said at the start of the week that we were speaking to Buchanan, somebody mentioned last night that us announcing would soften the blow from potentially losing Lewis Vaughan.

That's hardly being convinced that he'll be revealed today..

Unless you've gotten that from somewhere else?

Was from your thread.
I hope you were being sarcastic.

I bare no grudges against Buchs for moving on, slightly surprised he's moved down a league but good luck to him, was a good servant the last couple of seasons scoring a load of goals along the way. 

Huge job for Hoppy to replace those goals now, not many strikers out there consistantly scoring 15-20+ goals a season.  

Think a GK and 2 strikers are needed now

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Raith doing us a favour again. Giving us Vaughan last season, and then stealing a rival's star striker this year.

Cheers lads.

We,ll probably go one better by loaning buchanan to you guys

34 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

Raith are clearly going baws out this season.

Could be financial turmoil if they don't go straight back up.

Wonder where we learned to that

Best of luck to Buchannan at Raith, but that is some dodgy polo neck he is wearing in the official site photos. Oh wait a minute, he is old enough to remember wearing them when they were in fashion first time round. Joking apart, Raith have got themselves a cracking player.

Good news then if it comes off . Is  there not some rule about the number of teams you can play for in a year? The fact that he returned to his parent club, Hearts,  after Cowdenbeath and ourselves not restrict a return to us.Not sure, just asking.