Livingston - all the threads merged

Keaghan Jacobs is a another excellent signing, is for me better than his brother and has plenty of experience behind him. 

Maley is a decent back up, never let us down when called upon last season, he will be a back up, we won't be splashing the cash for him to be there so I'm quite happy with him staying. 

Pretty sure Bikey signing a professional contract means one of his previous clubs are entitled to quite a bit of compensation, no chance we'll be in for him.
Gary Maley and Keaghan Jacobs sign on for another year. Keaghan's contract has a clause for another year, which would get him a testimonial game.

If Hearts have released Bikey does that not end theirs or Stirling's ability to claim to compensation as he is now a free agent?

Not sure Jacobs would be due a testimonial as its traditionally given after 10 years of service, if its over two spells does it still count?

Not saying he doesn't deserve one, just not sure of the formalities

If Hearts have released Bikey does that not end theirs or Stirling's ability to claim to compensation as he is now a free agent?

Not sure Jacobs would be due a testimonial as its traditionally given after 10 years of service, if its over two spells does it still count?

Stephen Grindlay got one after doing two spells with us (2001-2007, 2010-2015) and I'm pretty sure Derek Lyle has one coming up at Queens, so aye, as long as he's played for the club for a total of 10 years I'd say it counts.

7 hours ago, B0baFatt said:

Wasn't Stirling that could claim, it's Dieppe. Signed as an amateur at Hearts without pay so wasn't a professional contract so compensation would still be there to be paid

No artificial pitch this season then. Work being done to break up the compacted soil which should help solve the drainage problem a bit, and also allow new seeds to root a bit deeper so we don't see the same problem with big divots all over the place. I think our drainage problems are a bit deeper than the soil compacting but it should make it better than it was.

Wasn't Stirling that could claim, it's Dieppe. Signed as an amateur at Hearts without pay so wasn't a professional contract so compensation would still be there to be paid

We can just bring him on board as a "Footballing Consultant", what could go wrong?

18 hours ago, B0baFatt said:

We can just bring him on board as a "Footballing Consultant", what could go wrong?

Give him a player/accountant contract and it's all good :D 

Don't know if I'm the only one but I loved the black strip this season, would advocate for our home kit to keep the black and yellow theme with majority black from now on

I have only just started posting today but I wanted make some observations about Scott Robinson and Ross Brown now they have signed for Livi. Firstly Scott Robinson is an excellent player and I will miss watching him at Bayview. His head is constantly up and the weight of his pass is usual spot on and in the number 10 role when Chris Duggan was back fit and making intelligent runs he has an eye for a defence splitting pass. He also gets through a power of work on the pitch pressing high up as he showed with his goal against Livi at Bayview on Dec 31st when he closed down Liam Kelly and forced the error. Finally having watched him warm up before the games his accuracy from the shooting drills (especially when Gordon young was assistant) was really impressive left and right foot, top and bottom corner he always had a composed finish.

In terms of Ross Brown I would imagine if Livi are away from home next season and need to move from the 4-3-3 to a 4-5-1 at times then he offers tactical flexibility. He works hard, is decent in the air and will offer protection to the right back if he is playing right midfield.  His crossing from wide right and shooting from the inside right channel need work but I'm sure that will come with full time training  the only issue I'm not sure training will solves is his apparent lack of ability to play a decent/killer pass in the final third. I wish both players well for the season ahead.

Prob beat St Mirren and then lose to Stranraer and Airdrie.

Difficult to get through these group stages now but they're good preparation for the start of the league, so not overly concerned whether we get through or not. Looking forward to seeing how we get on against Partick and St Mirren though.

enough to go through?

I'd certainly hope so. Good to get a wee cup run in the Diddy cup. If we get home games against Partick and St Mirren I'd reckon we could get results against them.
Hopefully Buchs signs up soon for a cheeky wee hattrick against Partick.