Livingston - all the threads merged

19 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Going be a busy month for us with the fixture pile up from our 2 postponed games being scheduled in March.

4th Queen's Park A

7th Albion Rovers H

11th East Fife H

18th Stranraer A

21st Stenhousemuir H

25th Airdrie H

Could go a long way to seeing if we're going to win the league after these games ae played. Four home games though, no guarantee our pitch stand up to the winter weather and will get them all played.

Good job you're not playing at home on Saturday - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2644204

What are the chances of the pitch being playable on Tuesday next week?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tumbleweedheed said:

Heard from someone on the board on Tuesday that we are definitely getting an artificial pitch in the summer. Pretty happy with that!

Also heard this, funds sourced from sponsors I believe. 

41 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Byrne banned for eight matches due to betting rule breaches

F**k sake

That's came completely out of the blue, strange it's not been a big story in any of the major tabloids. 

Reads like 5 games with 3 suspended.

Will be a huge miss that's for sure, been solid for us beside Pitts, ready made replacement in Millar though. 

Will be interesting to see how it affects the team tomorrow, hopefully it motivates them and doesn't put a shade of doubt into there minds. 

Only time will tell. 

What a fucking balloon. I know he's not had the best time of it lately but he, like everyone else, knew the rules.

Hopefully Millar shows us the player who he has threatened to be during recent times.

Just now, LiviLion said:

Don't think I'd say we're fucked. He's a good player but so is Millar, not seen a lot of Sinclair but I'd guess Knox would be good enough off the bench in this league too.

Sinclair looked good the last game he played in, think it was our home win over Brechin. Not seen anything from Knox yet that gets me bursting with excitement to have him playing (awaits Knox starting today and scoring a hattrick).

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Sinclair looked good the last game he played in, think it was our home win over Brechin. Not seen anything from Knox yet that gets me bursting with excitement to have him playing (awaits Knox starting today and scoring a hattrick).

Yeah he didn't look like the class player that had interest from Man U, Everton etc. But I still think he looked alright given how shite we were last season. Could have done with regular football though, which he's kind of had this season in the form of the Development League, think a loan would have been much better for him though.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 18:57, LIVIFOREVER said:

Going be a busy month for us with the fixture pile up from our 2 postponed games being scheduled in March.

4th Queen's Park A

7th Albion Rovers H

11th East Fife H

18th Stranraer A

21st Stenhousemuir H

25th Airdrie H

Could go a long way to seeing if we're going to win the league after these games ae played. Four home games though, no guarantee our pitch stand up to the winter weather and will get them all played.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 21:49, andylivi1 said:

4 wins, a draw and a defeat. 

Be happy with that, and would see us almost there I think. 

So far so good on your prediction andylivi1, just need wins against Stenny and Airdrie.

Was having a look through our current squad for next season and trying to decide who id keep and who I'd let go, this is all dependent on if we win promotion though, still a long way to go, so here goes...

Already signed for next season are :-

Sean Crighton, Alan Lithgow, Mathew Knox, Josh Mullin, Nicky Cadden, Scott Pittman and Danny Mullen.

From those id try and get Lithgow released if we could, I think the championship is just a step too far for him, Crighton I'd keep as cover. 

So the rest go like this :-

Liam Kelly - return to parent club

Nikolay Toderov - return to parent club

The following are out of contract :- 

Mikey Miller, Jackson Longridge, Shaun Byrne, Mark Millar, Liam Buchanan, Keaghan Jacobs, Jordan Sinclair, Raffa De Vita, Dale Carrick, Declan Gallagher, Craig Halkett, Morgyn Neill, Gary Maley. 

So from that I'd release the following :-

Mark Millar :- he's done ok but for me he should be bossing it at this level and although he did for the first couple games he hasn't really done so since. 

Raffa De Vita :- Again like above he should be running the show at this level, you can see he's got skill but I think he slows us down with his lack of pace, he's a fans favourite and a club legend so might not be popular on this one. 

Morgyn Neill :- By all accounts he's done well at Stranraer on loan, and by the sounds of things Hoppy likes him and he's getting a new contract but I'm not convinced he could make the step up to the championship, I think we'd be in trouble if he was one of our first choice CB's next season.

Gary Maley :- Would rather see a youngster on the bench getting to experience the first team, match days etc. 

The rest id like to see given extended contracts, Craig Halkett is a must, id love to see Declan Gallagher staying but that is highly unlikely as he wants to move south, Buchanan I think still has another season or two in him to score goals in the championship, im also a huge fan of Dale Carrick but not sure he will want to stay and be back up again next season. 

A new Goalkeeper would be priority, as well as a RB, I think we'd need another winger and another striker, preferably a target man to give us 4 strikers too and that would be us all set for a crack at the championship. 

So a line up of something like :- Goalkeeper, Longridge, Halkett, Gallagher, RB, Cadden, Jacobs, Pittman, Byrne, Mullin, Mullen. 

Bench :- GK, Crighton, Miller, Sinclair, Knox/new winger, Carrick/new target man, Buchanan.

Sorry for rambling, what's everyone's thoughts ? 

Edited by andylivi1

Was having a look through our current squad for next season and trying to decide who id keep and who I'd let go, this is all dependent on if we win promotion though, still a long way to go, so here goes...
Already signed for next season are :-
Sean Crighton, Alan Lithgow, Mathew Knox, Josh Mullin, Nicky Cadden, Scott Pittman and Danny Mullen.
From those id try and get Lithgow released if we could, I think the championship is just a step too far for him, Crighton I'd keep as cover. 
So the rest go like this :-
Liam Kelly - return to parent club
Nikolay Toderov - return to parent club
The following are out of contract :- 
Mikey Miller, Jackson Longridge, Shaun Byrne, Mark Millar, Liam Buchanan, Keaghan Jacobs, Jordan Sinclair, Raffa De Vita, Dale Carrick, Declan Gallagher, Craig Halkett, Morgyn Neill, Gary Maley. 
So from that I'd release the following :-
Mark Millar :- he's done ok but for me he should be bossing it at this level and although he did for the first couple games he hasn't really done so since. 
Raffa De Vita :- Again like above he should be running the show at this level, you can see he's got skill but I think he slows us down with his lack of pace, he's a fans favourite and a club legend so might not be popular on this one. 
Morgyn Neill :- By all accounts he's done well at Stranraer on loan, and by the sounds of things Hoppy likes him and he's getting a new contract but I'm not convinced he could make the step up to the championship, I think we'd be in trouble if he was one of our first choice CB's next season.
Gary Maley :- Would rather see a youngster on the bench getting to experience the first team, match days etc. 
The rest id like to see given extended contracts, Craig Halkett is a must, id love to see Declan Gallagher staying but that is highly unlikely as he wants to move south, Buchanan I think still has another season or two in him to score goals in the championship, im also a huge fan of Dale Carrick but not sure he will want to stay and be back up again next season. 
A new Goalkeeper would be priority, as well as a RB, I think we'd need another winger and another striker, preferably a target man to give us 4 strikers too and that would be us all set for a crack at the championship. 
So a line up of something like :- Goalkeeper, Longridge, Halkett, Gallagher, RB, Cadden, Jacobs, Pittman, Byrne, Mullin, Mullen. 
Bench :- GK, Crighton, Miller, Sinclair, Knox/new winger, Carrick/new target man, Buchanan.
Sorry for rambling, what's everyone's thoughts ? 

Pretty much this.
I think keeping Carrick for next season would be a great option. Pretty much injury free since his wrist/arm break earlier in the season and was chipping in with some good performances and goals before being unfairly shipped out in place of Toderov who I think doesn't offer any more than Carrick.
2 new goalkeepers are required an experienced and a young guy to work with each other would be a great way of working it. I'd keep the whole squad minus Lithgow personally.