Livingston - all the threads merged

There's a recall clause in his loan deal for us to get him back if need be, just have to see how the Hearts player get on. Worse that can happen is the Loan player doesn't work out and we get Carrick back from Cowden a lot sharper after getting full games for them.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Since hearts pretty much control what cowdenbeath do these days, its looks like this was all agreed up front with Levein calling the shots.  ie we can have todorov as long as carrick goes the other way.  it did seem madness to have 4/5 strikers with the league already in the bag.

Fox is at Cowden for experience in management before going back to hearts, so he's going to get a lot of help from Hearts, and has connections to Livi too with him being here so long.

Btw Bollan had Russell, Winters, Deuchar, Rafa and McNulty when we won this division in 2010/11.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Fox is at Cowden for experience in management before going back to hearts, so he's going to get a lot of help from Hearts, and has connections to Livi too with him being here so long.

Btw Bollan had Russell, Winters, Deuchar, Rafa and McNulty when we won this division in 2010/11.

BTW Hopkins has had Buchanan; Mullen; De vita; Carrick; Orr; Allen; Knox; Sommerville and Toderov as forwards so far this season - still time to get  a couple more on loan.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

BTW Hopkins has had Buchanan; Mullen; De vita; Carrick; Orr; Allen; Knox; Sommerville and Toderov as forwards so far this season - still time to get  a couple more on loan.

Not getting your points, mine was in response to JT saying it was madness having 4 or 5 strikers, Bollan had 5 all being used in games from Jan onwards.

Knox has never been used as a striker and haven't seen Sommerville in the first team, Rafa hasn't been used as a striker either, he's played on the wing. Orr and Allen got a few sub appearances but didn't look up to much before going back to Morton and Hibs. Hopefully Toderov will be better.

3 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Fantastic news, Buchanan, Halkett and Longridge next please. 

Lithgow being played LB gives me a bad feeling with Longridge, would he even want to stay if he's the back up to someone being played out of position?

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Lithgow being played LB gives me a bad feeling with Longridge, would he even want to stay if he's the back up to someone being played out of position?

You could be right, he may be getting a bit frustrated, think it would be a massive mistake though, not many solid LBs out there. 

Tbf our defence has only conceded 1 goal in our last 2 games and Lithgow looked ok in our last game, so maybe they're all settling in a bit better now they've had a few games in their new positions. He just doesn't give us the same attacking threat Longridge does though and looks shit scared to go up the wing, so i'd still much rather see Longridge at LB. .

Tbf our defence has only conceded 1 goal in our last 2 games and Lithgow looked ok in our last game, so maybe they're all settling in a bit better now they've had a few games in their new positions. He just doesn't give us the same attacking threat Longridge does though and looks shit scared to go up the wing, so i'd still much rather see Longridge at LB. .

He's built like a centre back and because he doesn't go forward there's an at King threat gone down that side compared with Crighton at the other side who is always supplying crosses. He doesn't fit in as a full back would much rather use Longridge.

Just now, AMC13 said:

He's built like a centre back and because he doesn't go forward there's an at King threat gone down that side compared with Crighton at the other side who is always supplying crosses. He doesn't fit in as a full back would much rather use Longridge.

Yep we're both agreed on that.

In our last game there was a gap for him to go up the pitch and get an attack going but he stopped and turned back the way, then ended up passing the ball back to Kelly. Isn't really his fault, he's a CB and his base instinct is to play safely and not risk losing the ball and being caught out of position up the pitch. Can't see that ever changing with Lithgow tbh. Crighton is different because even as a CB he liked venturing up the pitch and putting in crosses, he's pretty comfortable playing as a RB..

Yep we're both agreed on that.
In our last game there was a gap for him to go up the pitch and get an attack going but he stopped and turned back the way, then ended up passing the ball back to Kelly. Isn't really his fault, he's a CB and his base instinct is to play safely and not risk losing the ball and being caught out of position up the pitch. Can't see that ever changing with Lithgow tbh. Crighton is different because even as a CB he liked venturing up the pitch and putting in crosses, he's pretty comfortable playing as a RB..

We actually ended up playing 3-5-2 for periods of the game whilst 2 and 3-0 up with Crighton playing RM. Then switched back to 4-5-1 and put Gallagher at RB.

Longridge is by far one of the best left backs in this league, but Hopkin just won't drop Lithgow. So he would have to drop either Gallagher or Halkett and he would be crazy to do that.

I managed to get my shift swapped on saturday to make this game. Never been to the Recs before (that I can recall) so I'm looking forward to it regardless of the outcome but after our comfortable showing on Saturday versus Brechin, I'll stick on another 3-0 victory. Bucks with 2 and either Byrne or Pittman with the other.