Livingston - all the threads merged

15 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Oh goodie, away to Airdrieonians in the Scottish cup 3rd round. 

How exciting for both sets of fans. 

Never good to play a team from your own division but entertainment wise it should be a good game with plenty of goals. Both Livi and Airdrie have a defence that leaks goals and players that score plenty too. Not far to travel either which suits me.

According to this article the SFA had a hearing on Thursday and suspended Lithgow for the East Fife game. http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/11/03/livingston-defender-alan-lithgow-hit-one-match-ban-following-sfa-hearing/

Confused by this;

However, the case was referred to a Judicial Panel hearing at Hampden yesterday and the SFA “reapplied” the ban, meaning he will finally serve the second match of his original suspension tomorrow when Livi face East Fife.

He's already served the 2 suspended matches, he didn't play against Albion Rovers in the league match that followed the Crusaders game and he had already served a suspension against Peterhead in the league before Crusaders, that's 2 matches. So this will be a 3 match suspension not 2, and they seem to think he's only served 1???

I think Livi need to get this clarified before Saturday.

Can't see anything about it on the SFA website but it may not be updated till today.
Edited by LIVIFOREVER

• 2 weeks later...

Said it before and it's apparent again today. Hopkin has to go. Shown up with his lack of tactical knowledge and depth again, the "we'll score one more than you" doesn't work against teams actually equal or better than us - typical long punt up the park to two tiny forwards doesn't work when they're decent defenders for once. Why not play it on the ground through the middle after 30 mins of long ball not working?

I could've got manager of the month this month and I'm sure the rest of you could have too. We need a manager with experience for once rather than appointing every assistant manager we get. I know the cup is a bonus for us and gets us some good memories but it just signals what's to come, we'll go to the Championship and come right back down after sacking Hopkin in January and Martindale takes over. Same again in L1 and repeat...

Aww ffs, a few weeks ago we lost and it was the same call, sack the manager, nothing since then because yet again we beat our two nearest rivals which btw thoroughly deserves to get Hopkin MOTM, considering how well both Brechin and Alloa have been going, and now sit clear at the top of the league, our aim for the season is promotion.
We then lose to a team that has recourses 3 to 4 times more than us and the manager needs to go again.
We have built a team to try and win league 1 and if we keep doing what we are doing in the league that will be achieved, what more do you want from him ? Let last season go, I called for his sacking on more than 1 occasion last season, I'm happy to admit that, but this season apart from the odd game we've been very good, all be it against poorer opposition but we still have to win these games.
Give him a chance, must be the only club in the country who's fans want the manager sacked despite sitting top of the league.

I like Hopkin and wouldn't want him to leave the club, but he's a coach and not a manager. I can't begin to think who we'd bring in.

The gulf in quality between league 1 and championship is huge. This team would get roundly humped on a weekly basis in the Championship. Main priority at the club has to be building attendances back to what they were 3/4 years ago.

Main priority is to win League One and get back into the Championship, so far Hopkin is doing better than Bollan yet keeps getting calls for his sacking.

Winning games, scoring lots of goals and being top of the league hasn't brought the fans back. Probably needs a few seasons of stability on and off the park to get some continuity going to build a decent team that is capable of promotion and staying in the Championship, sacking yet another manager isn't going to do that. Then maybe the fans will be tempted to come back.

Wanting Hopkin sacked now. :lol:

I am not a fan of the guy at all, IMO there is no way he should've been given the job after presiding over that disaster at Stranraer, but we are top of the league and playing some fairly decent stuff. Aye, we got a bit of a doing yesterday but it was never a 3-0 game tbh, it's hardly the demolition job some are portraying it as. We get 7-800 home fans a week and we've really got f**k all else going for us. TNS are a step above us, if not several, it was hardly season defining. If we win the league, it'll have been a successful season.

In saying all of that though, AND hit the nail on the head: Hopkin is a coach, a good one at that, but not a manager. Tactically he's not good enough but I'd be quite happy for us to keep him for this season if only for some continuity. There's no doubt though that we need a more experienced hand, be it as manager or assistant, or else we're screwed next season. It's already apparent a few of the players we have aren't good enough for Championship level, simple as that.

• 2 weeks later...

According to this article Jordan McMillan has been training with Livi and may be offered a contract. http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/11/23/former-rangers-defender-revive-career-livingston-following-drugs-ban/

Would give us a proper RB if he signed and competition for the CB positions with Halkett being a CB being played at RB. Don't know how rusty he'd be after serving his ban but he's obv a class above this league so playing wise would be a good signing..