Livingston - all the threads merged

AMC, I've cried nearly 20 times since the news was broken this afternoon. This is worse than getting relegated by a team I'd never heard of 2 weeks ago. I can't see us recovering for several seasons now. There will be tears all over West Lothian this weekend and understandably so.

AMC, I've cried nearly 20 times since the news was broken this afternoon. This is worse than getting relegated by a team I'd never heard of 2 weeks ago. I can't see us recovering for several seasons now. There will be tears all over West Lothian this weekend and understandably so.

I'm hearing martindale and Hopkin are "not too fussed". They're currently tying Union jacks around each other and heading off to the big match to form another guard of honour

I'm hearing martindale and Hopkin are "not too fussed". They're currently tying Union jacks around each other and heading off to the big match to form another guard of honour

ha ha first time I'd ever seen a manager and his assistant nearly burst into song as the opposition entered the field ... They looked so proud

Another sensible post on Lions den.

1st time posted on this forum but having supported Meadowbank Thistle and now Livingston for 38 years (since I was 8) I wanted to show my support for the Board Announcement last night. I don't get along to home or away games as often as I would like as I am often away but try to watch as often as I can. As in everything in life, there will always be people who don't support those in charge or will always have question marks and uncertainty, however I think the vast majority of true Livingston fans will be delighted at the openness of the announcement. The last few years have been challenging for all the reasons we know however I am hopeful that this is now the start of a new beginning for the club, where the community of West Lothian (and beyond) can get back behind their club, in a spirit of openness and transparency. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will re-building the trust between the Board and fans be resolved quickly, however I would urge all of the West Lothian community to do their bit for our club over the summer and all of next season to help bring back the days of years gone by. I will definitely be doing what little I can to support the club and am looking forward to the new season starting

Read more: http://livifc.boards.net/thread/1189/board-announcement#ixzz496x56IgW

Deary me, if ever you wanted to see a bit of low grade propaganda seeded into a football forum, then this is it. And all from a humble first time poster who doesn't really go to home or away games, but here he is, right on cue to extol the "openness and transparency" of "the Board" despite all this transparency failing to reveal who this "Board" actually is.

The people who buy season tickets for Livingston all have their own reasons for doing so, and that is perfectly normal. However, anyone who decides to buy one solely on the ramblings of this blatant plant from within the "club" really has some serious decision making issues of their own to resolve. This sort of crap isn't just funny, it's nasty, and whoever did it has an extremely low opinion of their target audience. Patronising twat(s) that they are.

Deary me, if ever you wanted to see a bit of low grade propaganda seeded into a football forum, then this is it. And all from a humble first time poster who doesn't really go to home or away games, but here he is, right on cue to extol the "openness and transparency" of "the Board" despite all this transparency failing to reveal who this "Board" actually is.

The people who buy season tickets for Livingston all have their own reasons for doing so, and that is perfectly normal. However, anyone who decides to buy one solely on the ramblings of this blatant plant from within the "club" really has some serious decision making issues of their own to resolve. This sort of crap isn't just funny, it's nasty, and whoever did it has an extremely low opinion of their target audience. Patronising twat(s) that they are.

It's this sort of propaganda that keeps perpetuating the myth that livi can be run as a full time team....1000 season ticket holders is an unachievable ambrosia for a dinky little club like livi.....I'll bet they didn't have more than a thousand people at the game this season unless it was against us hibs or the dark side..

Dunno how they got money from Nixon as he reportedly (in the papers) went bust. Also the statement about McDougall flies in the face of the press reports earlier in the week.

He may have gone bust but I'm sure I remember just before his Presidential companies got into difficulties he moved a lot of his assets into his wife's name.

Spot on Dunc.  Gnawtindale sussed in one post. 

Laughable.

Uneducated and very Sad.

To be fair, most of us are educated to a standard that brings with it an understanding that the word "Sad" (sic), would not carry a capital letter.

I am not and never have been an official or had any involvement in Livingston FC.

Happy Now.

I know I am being picky with this education thing, but "Now" shouldn't have a capital letter, and it should be followed by a question mark. Uneducated and sad.