Livingston - all the threads merged

Sonstream your a class act ma man,a very good post. Most teams would be pleased with a lot of the livi players in their squad that's fir sure.The problem is the buffoon coaching them,absolutely clueless. Livi can stay up via the playoffs as their squad is far better than Blue Toons,Ayr,Stranraer or Albion R but two questions must be answered,one... Do livi want to struggle on in the championship for another season,it ain't gonna get any easier with United and Dunfermline in the mix, two....Hopkin is a liability,he has no tactical nous,livi may have the players to stay up but the captain of the ship is clueless!!

I wouldn't want to go down as that's a dangerous game, going part-time we couldn't challenge the sort of teams we have been for years and I wouldn't know for sure if we would come back up. If we stay up we need a decent manager and management from above.

Two posts that are pretty much spot on from Sonsteam and Whitburn Vale. The basis of a good team is there but the management both on the playing and non-playing side of the club are horrific, as per. Apathy seems to be ruling supreme amongst a fanbase that are already fed up more than most.

If we were to go down, I very much doubt we would be able to "bounce" back in the manner that Dunfermline have. We just don't have the fan base for it, I reckon. Think we'd more than likely end up like Airdrie or Clyde (no offence guys). I think any Livingston fan would take that provided we were on the right footing. Sadly, I don't think that will be the case.

I'd agree with that. Looking at your squad I still can't quite believe you are where you are. There's some very decent players in there and White and Buchanan is a strikeforce that most clubs down where we are could only dream of.

Gordon, Longridge, Pittman, Stanton, Telfer, Buchanan, White. That's not the spine of a bottom two team. Arguably that's stronger than a few teams sitting comfortably above both our clubs. Even the most tactically clueless buffoon in the country could surely lead that team to playoff victory. Surely.

I'll away back to my own topic now, but just felt the need to waste a few minutes here.

Similarly from games ive seen as good as Livi were at Alloa twice they were just as poor at home. But I guess thats been the issue. I did notice they were quite disorganised the other week, but agree I would be surprised if they didnt have more than enough to win the playoffs (if they do indeed finish 9th)

Was Martindale not banged up for drugs once and did a stretch? If so i find it shocking he is a coach at a professional football club. Hardly a role model.

Yip, he sure was and he doesn't have any coaching badges either, not quite sure how he gets away with being in the dugout every week.  Maybe the compliance officer could tell us??

Yip, he sure was and he doesn't have any coaching badges either, not quite sure how he gets away with being in the dugout every week. Maybe the compliance officer could tell us??

Been a lot of chat on here about him ploughing money into Livi but not sure how accurate it is.

I must admit if I was a Livi fan I'd be fuming about a clown like that being so heavily involved. What sort of an involvement did he have in football prior to appearing at Livi? Can't say I know much about the guy other than the drugs charges.

Been a lot of chat on here about him ploughing money into Livi but not sure how accurate it is.

I must admit if I was a Livi fan I'd be fuming about a clown like that being so heavily involved. What sort of an involvement did he have in football prior to appearing at Livi? Can't say I know much about the guy other than the drugs charges.

Livi fans get used to these things, not much we can do.  He used to play Junior i think, that's it.  From what i've heard he just sounds like a bit of a nutcase on an ego trip, seemingly Burchill refused to allow him a say in the team and that was part of the reason he got the sack, whilst Hopkin was happy to assume the role of puppet.  Hence all the new signings in the window.

Livi fans get used to these things, not much we can do.  He used to play Junior i think, that's it.  From what i've heard he just sounds like a bit of a nutcase on an ego trip, seemingly Burchill refused to allow him a say in the team and that was part of the reason he got the sack, whilst Hopkin was happy to assume the role of puppet.  Hence all the new signings in the window.

Pure Nonsense.

Do you believe every bit of shite that you hear.

True enough saying......if people don't know the truth then they make it up......

I can see Livingston picking up seven points from there last three games. You've already thrashed Queens 4-1 at Palmerston this season and if they defend like they did last night, you'll get three points again. Haven't you also held Rangers to a draw on their last two visits to your place? No reason why you don't stand a chance of replicating that, especially now that they have wrapped up the title. Raith would be insane not to field shadow side in the last game, so there's another three points ripe for plucking. If Sons can eke out three points from our last four games, that will probably be enough, but I don't think that's a "gimme". Plenty still to play for. For what it's worth, even if you finish ninth, I expect you to comfortably negotiate both play-off matches.

Livi fans get used to these things, not much we can do. He used to play Junior i think, that's it. From what i've heard he just sounds like a bit of a nutcase on an ego trip, seemingly Burchill refused to allow him a say in the team and that was part of the reason he got the sack, whilst Hopkin was happy to assume the role of puppet. Hence all the new signings in the window.

He did play junior, he may or may not have put some of his drug money into the club as im sure the courts couldnt recover all the money from his ill gotten gains. Either way its a joke a guy like this is involved with a professional football club at any level. Edited by ebobsboy

I can see Livingston picking up seven points from there last three games. You've already thrashed Queens 4-1 at Palmerston this season and if they defend like they did last night, you'll get three points again. Haven't you also held Rangers to a draw on their last two visits to your place? No reason why you don't stand a chance of replicating that, especially now that they have wrapped up the title. Raith would be insane not to field shadow side in the last game, so there's another three points ripe for plucking. If Sons can eke out three points from our last four games, that will probably be enough, but I don't think that's a "gimme". Plenty still to play for. For what it's worth, even if you finish ninth, I expect you to comfortably negotiate both play-off matches.

Even if we done all that Dumbarton will win at least one game, I'm expecting the Alloa one. So Play-offs is basically ours, just need to win the play-offs.