Most Pointless Signings For Your Club

CK

chris mcbride - came from kilmarnock in january 2003 was with us for 18 months, never played a game although appeared on the bench once. his name was on the back page of the dundee utd programme last night under the team selection bit :lol::lol::lol:

steve epesee titi - came from bordeaux i think and also never played a game despite reports saying he was great

kevin miller - signed from a junior club, was shipped out on loan never to be seen again, although his name was also on the back page of the dundee utd programme last night under the players :lol::lol:

umm, thats all i can think of just now

remember it isn't the worst players, it the most pointless signings

Chris Miller - Played once in the Inverness Cup

David Graham - Signed on loan from Dunfermline, came on for 10 minutes twice then left, seems to be a pretty good player.

Paul Bradshaw - Liked the 'good life' a bit too much, but I'll leave that to HTTT to tell :lol:

Gary Farquhar - Barely played, now at Nairn County

Mike Newlands - I think he got injured, but again probably made the reserve team bench more than anything

David Moss-on loan from Pars and was useless for us

Neil McNab-Signed from Man City and looked about 75 when he signed..buggered off to Doncaster after about 2 months

Steven Miller-Campbell Money signed him from Livi and then used him twice

Marco Ciardi-Played in Champion League Final or something..didn't do much for us.He fell out with Red Nosed Jaikie Dalziel and buggered off.

Garry Patterson-Still dunno why Stainrod signed the useless 6'6 diddy

Andy Cargill and Michael O'Neill may appear on here soon.

1. Henrik Terkelson

2. Karl Christiansen

Both were signed for one game in 1988 at home to Motherwell for a crucial relegation battle. We already had 3 Danes, but these two were pish. We lost 2-0, and they went home again.

3. Brian Reid.

Now before any Ton fans start to argue, Reid was a decent player even during his second spell. But signing him for a second time was a mistake - we were crying out for a MIDFIELDER to replace the ****-bound Derek McInnes. Buying Reid instead (defender) probably cost us promotion in 96.

4. Ian McDonald.

Pointless singing from Partick. We slaughtered him on the pages of "Penalty". Often played players into trouble, his one moment of glory was scoring what proved to be the decisive goal in a 3-2 win at Love Street.

5.(=) A couple of Austrians in 1998ish.

They probably never played. Saw them warming up at half-time on the opening day at Ayr and they looked awful even at training.

AT

Guest Guinness_Alan

I would agree with DKH about David Moss. I would also put O'Neill and Cargill on the list now, rather than later.

Other names would be Steven Whalen and Steven Boyack.

Oh yeah, and about 25 foreign diddies signed by that fat waste of space Stainrod! :angry:

Camille Oponga

i remember being it a thistle - falkirk game at firhill a couple of years ago(i was playing at halftime) and he made a murderous pass back from near the halfway line and miles hogarth went to kick it, he missed and the ball went in the back of the net :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest Michael Jordan

Rachid Djebaili - Algerian signed by Sandy, because he "had a great engine." Played a handful of games and was released.

Sammy Youssouf - Can't even remember where he was from, possibly Sweden. Played once and scored a header in a 4-1 humping by the arabs.

Paul Lovering - Signed when we already had Ross Forsyth then signed McQuilken soon after. I only saw him once he was utter gash, was released soon after. Shite.

Willie Falconer - Past it.

Benito Kemble - Shite and past it.

Controversial! An outstanding right-back for us who scored some vital penalties.

Purely on the basis that I can only remember him coming on as a sub once in the diddy cup about 10 years ago. ;)

I seem to remember we swapped somebody I thought was OK for him, but cannot remember who... :unsure:

Worst 5 for us in no order

Thomas Stickroth (cost £400k in 1990!!!!!!!) - loadsa talent - just wasn't interested in grafting for a team in the bottom half of the League.

Graham Sinclair - Got him from Celtic early 80's - injured in a pre-season friendly - never played a competitive match.

Jim Gardiner - Part of a swap deal for Paul Lambert who thought he was too good for Div. 1 - not the case - Lazy B'stard.

Chic Charnley - Not nearly as good as he thought he was!

Eddie Annand - Unfit when we signed him, never really looked as if he was still quick enough for Div. 1 (Scored a hat-trick a week after we let him go to Dumbarton). B)

Had no trouble finding 5 and could probably have made 50 if I really had to.

Near misses - Jan Paeslak, Graham Fenton and Micheal Renfraum - three strikers TH bought in for our season in the SPL who between them scored less than Mark Yardley!

That guy we got from Dundee in a swap for Lex Richardson (mid 80's)

Derek Ferguson - a loser, a w**ker a c**t and a waste of space

Brian Hamilton - as above

Vince Mennie - He signed from FC Cologne :blink: Think it was the pub team!

Paul Wright - Scored in the 1997 final and then Tottsy signed him a few years later.

Joe Tortolano - Fallin w**k

Archived