The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Just finally catching up on the week going on and the situation with Scott Hall really is sad. Surely it is time fir someone to intervene, although there is only so much you can do. People either want to get clean or they don't, Hall ha been given so many chances that he clearly doesn't want to get clean. It's tragic to watch things unfold like this before your very eyes.

On a side note:

Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer has corroborated our earlier report of members of the WWE women's locker room being upset with Trish Stratus, as well as Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi.

He says that several WWE Divas weren't happy with the originally planned multi-women's tag team match being nixed from WrestleMania XXVII, leaving a scant few to participate in skits, and only Lay-Cool competing. This led to heat on Stratus and Polizzi as some girls felt they "took their spots" because unlike them, they're on the road all year long.

The originally planned multi-women's tag team match was actually cut due to timing constraints, not due to Stratus and Polizzi's involvement with the pay-per-view event. Kelly Kelly, however, can attest to being "victimized" by Stratus and Polizzi since she was originally penciled in for the mixed tag team match. She concurred with Nikki Bella stating on Twitter that Snooki learned something from the Jacksonville native for her WrestleMania match, writing, "Heck ya pic tell em!!!"

Stratus appeared on Sirius XM Radio's Busted Open yesterday and politely buried John Morrison for his decision making as she indicated that he wasn't smart. She confirmed online reports that he wasn't interested in listening to her suggestions for the match, and that when she went to hug him, he gave her the cold shoulder.

Some people within WWE are attributing Morrison's unprofessional behavior to Melina, since she is his girlfriend and was left off WrestleMania XXVII. The backstage belief is that he either holds Stratus in contempt for taking Melina's spot on the card, or had to portray himself as such so that she would believe he was mean to her. Melina is one of the women's wrestlers upset with Stratus and Polizzi for "taking their spots."

Surely even the Divas realise that nobody gives a f**k if they make the card or not.

The only person that DOES give a f**k is that Adrianne off Tough Enough!

Say what you want, Stratus is a more than capable women's wrestler. Far better than the vast majority of the shite on their books these days. I tend to avoid womens wrestling like the plague for obvious reasons, but from what little I've seen of the current batch, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix look like the only two others who actually know how to work a match to a decent level.

Folk like Mickie James, Lita, Jackie and Molly Holly are others that I remember being good workers, but shite like Lay-Cool, Layla and Kelly Kelly are eye candy. Nothing more.

Edited by djchapsticks

I'd be surprised if that isn't a fake tbh

Aye I think it probably is too. Their logo is a global thing, its one of those logos that everyone knows, even folk who dont have a scooby about wrestling entertainment. :P

Aye I think it probably is too. Their logo is a global thing, its one of those logos that everyone knows, even folk who dont have a scooby about wrestling entertainment. :P

Changing the logo has been discussed recently.

That logo is stinking.

I quite like it, it reminds me of the old WWF logo.....I'll try and find a picture.

On the Scott Hall situation - what the f**k was the "promotor" thinking of letting him come out like that? I understand if you've promised a name then they should be there but surely it would have been better to go out and tell the fans the truth than let him come out in that state?. He could have been seriously hurt out there and its a disgrace he came out like that.

Also, surely these guys need to turn up a couple of hours before these events? If thats the case why wasn't he sat down and fed food and coffee until he had to go on? It doesn't look like there has been any attempt to sober this guy up at all.

I quite like it, it reminds me of the old WWF logo.....I'll try and find a picture.

On the Scott Hall situation - what the f**k was the "promotor" thinking of letting him come out like that? I understand if you've promised a name then they should be there but surely it would have been better to go out and tell the fans the truth than let him come out in that state?. He could have been seriously hurt out there and its a disgrace he came out like that.

Also, surely these guys need to turn up a couple of hours before these events? If thats the case why wasn't he sat down and fed food and coffee until he had to go on? It doesn't look like there has been any attempt to sober this guy up at all.

I don't think it was a case of him being sober, he has become frail well before his time due to the lifestyle he has led.

I had to turn the longer video off a couple of minutes in, couldn't watch any more.

WWE originally planned for Triple H to ride a Clydesdale horse to the ring for his match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVII. During a test run, the horse fell through the trap door on the WrestleMania stage, with Hunter riding it. The horse was spooked and went wild. Plans for the ring entrance were immediately scrapped

:lol: I didn't think that entrance could be any more epic.

EDIT:

Former WWE creative team member John Piermarini stated in a blog post earlier this year that Vince McMahon believes John Morrison "can't kick anyone's ass in a real fight" and therefore won't achieve the success many have pegged him for. That's not the only criticism being levied towards "The Prince of Parkour" as the Pro Wrestling Torch reports that many people within WWE feel he comes off as if he's performing in his matches, as opposed to fighting. This holds him back, as does his relationship with Melina and the belief that his promo ability is subpar.

Character aside, it's been said that McMahon doesn't respect Morrison as a man. Years ago, he allowed Melina to engage in a sexual relationship with former WWE star Batista while the two were dating. Morrison opted to be professional instead of confrontational and therefore lost brownie points with the WWE CEO.

Can't explain why this has made me laugh.:lol: :lol:

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

That made me laugh, well in Vinnie!

Aye same here. He probably thought to himself, he looks like that and all he can get is Melina, I'm in my 60's dammit and I've had them all!!! :lol:

Why would you not get "confrontational" with someone shagging your burd? :lol:

The only time I would think is when everyone thinks you "can't kick anyone's ass in a real fight" and the guy rattlin' yer bird is a 350 pound steroid horse wae plums the size of raisins.