The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

You can't blame TNA for the the main event. There's only one person to blame for that.

In a way though, you can blame TNA. They knew Hardy was a fucking mess backstage and sent him out to main event a PPV regardless, despite Sting telling them he wouldn't wrestle a full match with him. They could and should have had a quick reshuffle and at least have saved some face.

Edited by djchapsticks

Surely they'd want to keep tabs on Hardy given what has gone on in the past. If he just arrives suddenly utterly wrecked, they could easily stop him going out, and "unfit to compete" would be an easy reason to give. The fact that he got out into that arena leaves a big question mark to those in charge.

Yeah you'd think so. If they had known backstage before it then I'm positive they would have went with RVD, Anderson and Sting, 3 way. I think this was pure reaction from TNA, have Bischoff go out and tell them what the new finish is while cutting a promo. I dont think TNA knew until Hardys entrance.

It 's the name of the SWA training academy in Linwood.

They only train on Sundays and it's a b*****d for me to get to East Kilbride from here on a Sunday. I'm trying to persuade my mate to join too and drive me there :P

Howd you here about the one in East Kilbride if you were attending the one in Linwood? I take it the one in Linwood is pretty poor as u mention that is is "ok"...

Was just thinking today.....With arguably the four biggest players in the attitude era confirmed for Wrestlemania, how good would it be if the WWE could somehow get Taker, HHH, Austin and The Rock in the the same ring for old times sake? It would blow the fucking roof off the arena and be an instant classic moment.

Also, with HBK being inducted into the HOF, he'll of course be at Mania too, so I'd hazard a guess at him being involved in the Taker - HHH match one way or another.

Howd you here about the one in East Kilbride if you were attending the one in Linwood? I take it the one in Linwood is pretty poor as u mention that is is "ok"...

I only went to Area 52 maybe half a dozen times. But before going I searched for all the academies in the area, but East Kilbride was just inconvenient. Plus when Kid Fite usually comes over to talk to me and my mate after shows or watching PPV's in town and we got talking about it one night and he mentioned we should go along sometime. SWA training was ok but from what I hear East Kilbride is streets ahead. Also the head trainers there are guys I'd be interested in learning under compared to SWA.

Pishing myself at Matt Hardy choosing to join his brother and the state his career is in now.

Surely TNA is finished. It's a dumping ground for has-beens.

Feel for Sting if WWE were really trying t get him in to face The Undertaker as WM. Instead of a 80,000 crowd facing one of THE legends of wrestling, he ends up against a drunk lad in front of 3 men and a dug. Good career choice there son.

Pishing myself at Matt Hardy choosing to join his brother and the state his career is in now.

Surely TNA is finished. It's a dumping ground for has-beens.

Feel for Sting if WWE were really trying t get him in to face The Undertaker as WM. Instead of a 80,000 crowd facing one of THE legends of wrestling, he ends up against a drunk lad in front of 3 men and a dug. Good career choice there son.

Matt Hardy carried RVD to the best match RVD has had in TNA so far although that's not saying much. He also put on a solid match with AJ last night at VR. It was match of the night by some distance.

Its not finished by a long shot, it's just been booked really poorly but they have an 18 month tv deal with Spike so they are by no means finished.

ANd according to Meltzer there was never any contact between Sting and WWE. And to be honest with the career Sting has had he can make whatever choices he wants quite frankly.

Sting was probably pissed at Hardy, but when it comes down to it, he's made the easiest PPV payday in a LONG time. He'll be relatively at ease with that fact.

And yeah, Matt Hardy is looking motivated and in shape right now, which is more than can be said for his time at the end of WWE. He just needed time in TNA to get back to ringshape. He's done that. A fit and ready Matt Hardy can be an asset.

At the end, the crowd are chanting "Bullshit" and Sting shouts "I agree!" That made me "lol"

Sting was pissed, you could see it after Bishcoff told him the finish.

I agree that Matt Hardy and AJ was actually really good.

You also could've just had Bischoff come out and say that Jeff Hardy doesn't feel like wrestling tonight, cut it as if he just doesn't care about the fans, and then say that you're gonna give RVD and Anderson a chance for it, maybe even throw Angle in there if you want.

Also what the f**k is up with the Anderson/RVD finish.:

Would've made even more sense to have them compete for the title in the main event. Especially after you hear the crowd reaction when it ends as a draw.

Edited by forehead7

At the end, the crowd are chanting "Bullshit" and Sting shouts "I agree!" That made me "lol"

Sting was pissed, you could see it after Earl Hebner turned to him and told him the finish.

I agree that Matt Hardy and AJ was actually really good.

You also could've just had Bischoff come out and say that Jeff Hardy doesn't feel like wrestling tonight, cut it as if he just doesn't care about the fans, and then say that you're gonna give RVD and Anderson a chance for it, maybe even throw Angle in there if you want.

Also what the f**k is up with the Anderson/RVD finish.:

Would've made even more sense to have them compete for the title in the main event. Especially after you hear the crowd reaction when it ends as a draw.

I've not seen this on Youtube yet but this all seems to remind me of this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTmhVhFlwVo

Sting was probably pissed at Hardy, but when it comes down to it, he's made the easiest PPV payday in a LONG time. He'll be relatively at ease with that fact.

And yeah, Matt Hardy is looking motivated and in shape right now, which is more than can be said for his time at the end of WWE. He just needed time in TNA to get back to ringshape. He's done that. A fit and ready Matt Hardy can be an asset.

I'm not so sure. Did you see the scratch marks on his neck after the match from when Hardy was trying to get out of the pin.

YOu could see Sting was pissed off about it and why would he not be? He really doesn't need this but time and time again he shows himself to be the pro that he is and nothing but credit can go to Sting after all of this is settled.

Hardy has been sent home for tapings this week which isn't shocking in the slightest.

This whole situation is definitely a shoot, I'm sure of it.

Here you go then Ludo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lckr9OLR2Ow&feature=player_embedded#at=17

edit, look at Hardy going past the ring post and into the ring, surprised he didn't fall over.

LOok at Hebner during Sting's entrance, showing an X sign to the hard camera numerous times which Hardy takes exception to. Then goes over to SOCal Val and speaks to her.

If you look at Jeff Hardy's face when he's sitting down having been pinned, you can see he doesn't look all there. Add to the fact his slow movement and the face he makes at the camera.

Rewatched that and while he was in the ring, I didn't think Hardy was too drunk but then:

when Sting approaches him in the corner and Hardy tries to go under the ropes and fucks it up. Also I hope Hardy wasn't so drunk that he didn't feel how hard Sting was hitting him, couple of stiff punches and pulling him out the corner by his hair.

I timed it. From bell to bell it was about 1 minute and 28 seconds. But from when Sting actually takes Hardy and starts hitting him it was about 20 seconds.